Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast January 31-Feb 16, 2009

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast January 31-Feb 16, 2009

Each day in January, I'll update this first post with the forecast, both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Updated Saturday am, January 31, 2009
    It's a crisp, cool day in WDW with lots of sun. Headed towards a high today of 58-60 with a NW wind at 10-15 mph. Tomorrow will be beautiful with a high 64-66 and a low 35-36. As for Monday, I'm looking at all available models and they all seem to have slightly different solutions. The basics are this - a low will form in the Gulf late tomorrow night and move east. At the same time a trough will dig deep into FL and across the SE. The exact positioning of this low will determine availability of moisture and rain chances for WDW. Right now there's more questions than answers. I'm going to hold to what I said yesterday as I still think it's the most likely solution. Expect a high 70-72 with afternoon thunderstorms. Tuesday will be clear, cold, and breezy. The high will 56-58 for both Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday's low will be 45 but Wednesday's will be 30. Then the warm up begins. Thursday through Saturday looks dry with a high on Thursday of 62-64 and a low 36-38. Friday will be 67-69 for the high with a low 40-42. Saturday will warm to 70-72 with a low 50-52.

Long range...A big ridge is building over FL out in voodooland which could mean a taste of spring for the mid part of February. Feb 8-11 looks clear with highs in the mid to upper 70s and lows in the mid 50s. Rain moves in on Feb 12 dropping the high into the low 70s, but no big trough is associated with this front so it shouldn't impact temps too much. Feb 13-16 then remains clear with highs staying in the mid 70s and lows in the mid 50s.

Travel Impact
    Confidence remains high a major winter storm will impact parts of the eastern U.S. early next week. Looks like mostly rain for the major east coast cities (Washington, Philadelphia, New York City, Boston, etc), but the Appalachians will be hammered with heavy snow, perhaps exceeding one foot in places. Cities like Pittsburgh will have some serious snow. There could also be some snow across the SE - AL, MS, TN, and GA. We'll just have to see how things develop. No snow for WDW, though. You have to go to MVMCP to see that.

No delays at 7:30 am CST. It looks like the best delay potential both today and tomorrow will remain NYC north along the east coast and around the Great Lakes.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW!!!! I wish I were going to WDW. It's mighty cold here in PA! BRRRRRRRRR!
    Diane

Past trips to WDW:
    12/12 CBR with free dining
    5/10 CBR with free dining
    4/09 CBR couples only trip for 20th anniv.
    9/08 Pop with free dining
    5/07 Pop
    4/05 Pop
    12/04 Pop
    4/04 Pop
    12/02 AS Sports
    4/02 AS Movies
    3/00 Ft. Wilderness Cabins

Post Thanks / Like

It's 9 degrees here in CT (with wind chill) and snowing so I don't care if it does drop down to the 60s, I'm headed down to Disney Sunday with short sleeved shirts and capris!
    <3 Robin

Prince Charming: It's offical. I've lost my mind. First I'm hijacked by bluebirds and now I'm talking to ...imaginary mice.

King: I do trust you son.... It's the talking mice I'm worried about...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! We will keep watching! We are hoping for little or no rain for the marathon... send it on it's way
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

Even though it is out in voodooland, it is always so good to see your dates listed in the forecast (16th-19th). Hopefully, the high 70s and low 80s will hold for us. It is awfully cold here in Boston right now. Only 13 more days!! WOOHOO!!
    Bethie aka BethieTink

DVC Member 2006 - BCV

Upcoming - Oct 09 - 1 night at AKL, 7 night Eastern Carribean Cruise on the Magic, 3 nights at BCV

Last Trip - Jan 09 - MLK Weekend at WLV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teambricker04 View Post
    Thanks! We will keep watching! We are hoping for little or no rain for the marathon... send it on it's way

Glad to see that it is looking more like shorts weather for our marathon visit as well...

Have a great trip Strmchsr!
    Have a Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by irish1967 View Post

Glad to see that it is looking more like shorts weather for our marathon visit as well...
    Agreed... although, now I think I am going to pack everyone's entire closet Oh well!!!

Have a fun trip Strmchsr!!!
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

Hurrah!!! Almost time for my forcast 1/24 - 2/1. Thank you stormchaser!!!! forcast anything warmer than lake effect snow for Orlando and I'll be pleased as punch, ok and no rain too!!!
    I'm going to try to add this to my facebook profile.....
    Tracy șOș

1995 Grand Floridian for honeymoon
    2004 Polynesian LVC (three kids later)
    2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    figured out the secret...
    2008 DVC member AKV

2009 Saratoga Springs/ Boardwalk Villa
    2009 VWL/ AKV... 2 trips in 1 year..love my DVC!!!

Post Thanks / Like

If you forsee any problems 1/23-1/24 in the Pittsburgh area of PA could you let me know?? I am debating leaving for the airport Friday night and staying over or just driving down on Sat. PIT is about 1.5 hours away and the flight is 11am. I just hate driving in snow. I dunno if your crystal ball gets any reception over NW PA. Thanks
    Tracy șOș

2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 DVC member AKV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by threeh View Post
    If you forsee any problems 1/23-1/24 in the Pittsburgh area of PA could you let me know?? I am debating leaving for the airport Friday night and staying over or just driving down on Sat. PIT is about 1.5 hours away and the flight is 11am. I just hate driving in snow. I dunno if your crystal ball gets any reception over NW PA. Thanks
    I'm still at the conference and don't have time to do a full forecast, but I just quickly glanced at the models. This is WAY into voodooland, so is obviously subject to change, but right now it looks like PA could be in for snow showers on Jan 23-24. Nothing horrible, but if you don't like driving in snow it could be. I'll refine that as we get closer to time. Full forecast on Saturday.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Light snow is ok, thank you so so much!!! Keep the good news coming
    Tracy șOș

2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 DVC member AKV

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks....taking a break from packing right now. Leaving bright and early Sat. morning for WDW!
    If you can dream it, you can do it! ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, everyone. I'm finally back. Sorry for the break in the forecasts. Good conference, though, and the forecast stayed right on, which is a good thing. I hate surprises in the forecast when I'm not there to change it.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

yah,clear skies for our arrival,i hope it stays warm and clear for the rest of that week!
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks storm chaser. I like what you are telling me for Orlando. Thanks a bunch. I am getting pounded with lake effect snow so this totally cheers me up for being in the florida sun in 2 weeks!!
    Tracy șOș

2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 DVC member AKV

Post Thanks / Like

What are our chances for nice weather (warm) weather the last week (1/34-1/31?) No snow flurries or frigid temps! Please!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks storm chaser. I like what you are telling me for Orlando. Thanks a bunch. I am getting pounded with lake effect snow so this totally cheers me up for being in the florida sun in 2 weeks!!
    Me, too... and we'll be there in 2 weeks, too! Are you by any chance in Upstate NY???

(and I had to ask, b/c I LOVE your "location" in the volvo... too funny... ... and I'm a L&D nurse at night, too... how's that for coincidence??)
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Disney girl. I am about 40 miles south of lake erie (in PA, a small town called Guys Mills)when I am not riding around in Edward Cullen's car. ANother labor room nurse, cool. Some of my best friends are labor nurses!!!
    Nice to meet you!!!
    We will be at BWV 1/24-2/1. How about you??

Sorry for hijacking your wether thread storm chaser.
    Tracy șOș

2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 DVC member AKV

Post Thanks / Like

Occasional thread hijacking is allowed to meet new friends.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Disney girl. I am about 40 miles south of lake erie (in PA, a small town called Guys Mills)when I am not riding around in Edward Cullen's car. ANother labor room nurse, cool. Some of my best friends are labor nurses!!!
    Nice to meet you!!!
    We will be at BWV 1/24-2/1. How about you??

I had a feeling you were somewhere up here near me... gotta love the lake effect snow... NOT!!

I'm actually travelling w/ three of my labor & delivery nurse friends... we'll be at ASMusic the 22nd-26th. Lucky you at the BWV!

(thanks, Chris, for not minding the min hijack! )
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: