Quantcast Stuck in ice storm in NH-no power

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stuck in ice storm in NH-no power

The only thing that keeps me sane is being able to go on this site and dream about my trip in April. We've been staying in a hotel for three days-thank god for free wifi.
    Offsite 94
    Offiste 2001
    Offsite 2004
    AMO 2007
    POP April 2009 Oh yeah!!!
    AOA March 2013
    Pop 2015
    AK-Kidani 2016
    Beach Club 2016

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in ME with no power either. It has been almost three days now... I wish you lots of luck in getting your power back soon.

Now I really can not wait until my trip in March.
    '78-'03 - Many trips - Offsite
    Nov '03 - CBR and DCL
    Dec '04 - Pop
    Dec '05 - Pop (Proposal in front of Cinderella's Castle!)
    Jan '06 - Pop (Joined DVC)
    Sept '06 - OKW (Honeymoon)
    Feb '07 - OKW
    Oct '07 - SS
    Mar '08 SS
    Mar '09 OKW
    Nov-Dec '09 OKW (Birthday Trip)

Post Thanks / Like

I feel for you both. I used to live in Merrimack (NH) and can imagine how hard it is to be without power at this time of year.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in eastern Maine so luckily mine came back on after only about 8 hours out during the night in the wee hours friday.... but I have friends of the fanily in NH that are probably quite close to your area and have been without since then, too.... Here's hoping that it comes on soon for you guys! I remember having the power out for days and days in '98 and it is horribly inconvenient and NO FUN at all!!!!!
    1998 CSR with family
    2000 DLR with family
    2002 CSR with family
    2004 WL grand gathering
    2006 day trip with boyfriend day after Christmas
    2008 BWI with family and boyfriend
    2009 21st B-day in Epcot with an assortment of family and friends :)

Post Thanks / Like

I cant believe how bad the damage is. The news is reporting that it still may be several days before power is restored.

Post Thanks / Like

Sending lots of to the northeast that the mess gets cleaned up and the power comes back on soon! I know what you're all going through and it's no fun at all! We had a huge ice storm in 2006 that knocked out power to the entire area for about a week. It was miserable, especially because it was single digit temperatures and not an empty hotel room to be found anywhere! I hope things get back to normal for all of you very soon!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Think warm thoughts!

I hope everyone gets back to their warm houses soon!

Post Thanks / Like

We lost power for about 25 hours, thank god for generators. We managed to stay somewhat warm and keep the fridge/freezer running. It looks so strange with all the trees down. There isn't a single house on my street that hasn't lost a tree. It was so strange Friday morning I was listening to all the branches coming down. There was 1 that came down and clipped the house so I went out to check to see how bad it was. It was about 3 in the morning and I'm out there with a flash light. I got chased back into my house by my tree, I felt like I was in the Wizard of Oz. I heard a loud crack and down came a huge limb right at me so I ran back in the house. The next morning my little boy (age 5) thought it was really neat looking. We were looking out our big window in the living room and saw a huge limb come down across the street. My little guy being so cute did his happy dance saying my first branch. I guess when your little it's exciting to have an ice storm. It was kind of nice seeing it through his eyes. I feel bad for all of those still without power or that have had alot of damage. They are saying it's the worst ice storm we've had I don't know if that's true or not but there was a lot of damage around here.
    Coreen

Post Thanks / Like

We lost power from early Friday morning until early this morning. Thank goodness DH is so good at dealing with things like this and is always prepared. He kept the fire stoked so we were not freezing like some of our neighbors, the ones with no fireplace or anything said the temps in the house got down to 38. We also have a generator so that helped alot.
    I feel really bad for the people who still don't have power.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

Having grown up in CT, I have been thinking of everyone up north in the ice storm. I know what it is like to be without power "forever," but it was warm. I have been hoping that you all are staying warm.

Hope your power comes back soon, and sending you warm thoughts!
    Erica

'83, '86 - CR
    '89 - GF
    '94, '98 - Poly
    '00, 3/09 - Off site
    '01 - ASM
    '02 - Swan
    5/09 - POR
    10/09 - AKL
    12/09 - GF
    Next trip???

Post Thanks / Like

I live close to Salem, NH and our power went out Fri. at 12:30 and didn't come back on until Fri. night at 7. The market here has been w/o power for 2 days and they had to get rid of almost everything. School has been out Fri and 2day because one of them had a water main break or something.I have an aunt that lives in NH and still doesn't have any phone service. It is odd that most areas have pwr here but there are certain places that don't have any.
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

My mom lives near the beach in NH and she is now staying with us. No power yet, and could be out for a few more days. I don't mind though, it's nice having mom around!!!!!
    -- Dawn

2002 ASMo
    2003 ASMo
    2005 Condo Offsite
    Jan 06 Boardwalk
    Oct 06 Orlando World Center Marriott
    Oct 07 Condo Offsite
    Jan 09 - It's my birthday!! Coronado Springs
    Nov 10 Long weekend offsite, 2 days
    Sept 2011 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2012 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

We lost our power Thursday night and didn't get it back until Saturday night
    Listening to the ice storm was eery. All you could here was trees falling everywhere. It sounded like a war going on, loud cracks and trees hitting the ground all around you. You could not tell where the next tree was going to come from. Not only did we lose tree limbs but we had a few trees out back that were uprooted because the tops were so top heavy from the ice. These trees were not new young trees that hadn't taken root, they were all at least 50 years old!
    My DH said that several of the guys he works with that live in areas that were even harder hit than us still have no power and aren't expected to get it until next week.
    One of the problems is that the utility trucks that have come from other states are refusing to work on certain poles until they know who "owns" the poles. Some are owned by Verizon, National Grid, Comcast, etc. so they don't want to replace the poles or wires until they know they will get paid by the company that owns the poles.
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yaaa power is back

Finally got power a couple of hours ago. Five days without was such a bummer.
    Offsite 94
    Offiste 2001
    Offsite 2004
    AMO 2007
    POP April 2009 Oh yeah!!!
    AOA March 2013
    Pop 2015
    AK-Kidani 2016
    Beach Club 2016

Post Thanks / Like

My parents live in Windham, NH and they lost power Thursday night/Friday morning and finally got it back Sunday evening. They have a wood stove and a generator, so they could run the fridge and a few heaters/lights but couldn't run the furnace or pumps for water. They came down here Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to shower and get food. I'm just glad that we live south of the magical rain/ice line.
    laughter is timeless. imagination has no age. and dreams are forever.

Past Disney World Trips:
    2/97, 4/98, & 4/00 offsite
    7/06 Honeymoon @ CSR, 9/07 @ Pop with MNSSHP, 2/09 @ POR, 12/09 @ CBR with MVMCP, 1/11 @ CSR
    Next Trip:
    12/15 @ Pop! First trip with 2 little princesses!

Post Thanks / Like

I feel for all of those who have been without power for days. I grew up in Hollis N.H and I have a brother who lives in Barrington. Not a fun time of year to be without power. We had an ice storm here in Ottawa about 10 years ago that did the same thing. Some people were without power for a week or more. Hope it is all fixed up soon.
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Yay!!!! We finally got power back at around 7:00 pm tonight. I was so happy that I did a little dance. My husband laughed at me, and my cats just looked at me like I was going crazy.

I hope everyone else has gotten their power back.
    '78-'03 - Many trips - Offsite
    Nov '03 - CBR and DCL
    Dec '04 - Pop
    Dec '05 - Pop (Proposal in front of Cinderella's Castle!)
    Jan '06 - Pop (Joined DVC)
    Sept '06 - OKW (Honeymoon)
    Feb '07 - OKW
    Oct '07 - SS
    Mar '08 SS
    Mar '09 OKW
    Nov-Dec '09 OKW (Birthday Trip)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: