Quantcast But I'm lovin' the gas prices... - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like

$1.38 here today. Most surrounding areas at $1.70 but our little town seems to be having an old fashioned "gas war". Cool!
    Jeff

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DizneeRX View Post
    Ummm...are you sure this isn't just a little bit of an exaggeration? Gas prices in your area have dropped over 65%?
    I'm quite certain.

Gas prices peaked around here at around $4.50 a gallon. I filled up for $1.79. That's a drop of around 61%.

In the interest of full disclosure, though, I did say I filled up for $35 from near empty. The $100+ previously was from empty/empty.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

When this thread started we were at $3.00 a gallon and I was very excited to be at that. Today I filled up at $1.73/gal. Prices dropping by almost 60% from the $4+ highs this summer is awesome.

On another positive note, my gas & electric bill which came just last week was $173 (same month last year was $260). In the five years we've been in our house this was our cheapest.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    When the economy started going down the tubes and the prices started coming down, the oil "companies" here admitted that they were over charging. That isn't the word I was looking for but the right one has left my brain for the time being. It was reported on the news. (Yes, I know that you can't always believe the news but I do think the oil companies, OPEC, whoever had a lot to do with the prices.)
    Since the oil companies don't set the price per barrel I find this hard to believe. With the price per barrel almost doubling on the commodity markets the cost per gallon went up. When a price on a gallon of gas doubles the profit doubles even though the mark up remains constant. The main reason the oil companies saw such huge profits over the past two years is in part because of this. With the current low gas prices I'll be curious to see how the oil companies profits compare this quarter.

Don't get me wrong, as an average income family there is nothing worse than stuggling to keep gas in a vehicle at $4+ a gallon while continually hearing the oil companies reporting record profits.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

You know what? Just forget I said anything. Obviously I didn't hear what I heard and was completely wrong because so many people here are so sure I didn't hear it. Sorry to have expressed my opinion.

I'm just glad the prices are coming down so quickly and hope they stay there. We were down to $1.71 today. We haven't seen that since before we took at trip to WDW in 2006 and were worrying then about the price being $1.99 a gallon and whether or not we could afford to drive down there.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    You know what? Just forget I said anything. Obviously I didn't hear what I heard and was completely wrong because so many people here are so sure I didn't hear it. Sorry to have expressed my opinion.
    I'm really sorry that you took offense, but what you stated wasn't an opinion. You stated it as fact and we asked where you heard it, because if that happened, everyone should know about it.

About the prices, a lot of places around here started charging extra to pay with credit card. I think that is terrible. I don't really know anyone who carries cash anymore. I think that is a bit of price gauging. We are still in the $2 range in the city.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'd be curious to see a link to that story, because I certainly never saw it or heard about it.
    I don't have a link to it because I heard it on TV. I guess it must have been someone else's opinion because it wasn't splashed all over the news. I guess you are right, if that had been the case, the media would have picked up on it quickly. Sorry that I repeated it. Just thought it was interesting that it was reported and I'm of the same opinion myself.

Back to the topic.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Share This Thread On Social Media: