Quantcast Aunt Apples Last Disney Vacation - Nov. 13-18th 2008

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Aunt Apples Last Disney Vacation - Nov. 13-18th 2008

It is with a very heavy heart that I write this trip report. Last night dear Aunt Apple peacefully passed away in her sleep at age 96. She touched many hearts in her long life and will be missed by many. I am glad our last memories of her are in the happiest place on earth.

Our first day we had lunch at Kona. We all enjoyed our meals, though the noodles in my dish were kinda sweet...Apple liked them though. She also enjoyed her chocolate banana creme brulee and Mom and I loved the chocolate lava cake!! After our lunch we got the monarail to MK and every person who was in Apples earshot heard how she never had any bread at all with her dinner. For about 2 hours she went on about not even getting a piece of bread.
    Oh wait... i forgot...when we went through security Apple stayed in her wheelchair and they were patting her down, well they were real gentle and got to her waist and she looked at the lady and said to her " do you want to pat my a** too?" We all about died laughing. The flight went off without any problems....and the steward was great with keeping the cookies coming.
    Ok back to MK we took Apple to the country bears first because we know it was her favorite. Then she slept through IASW and we headed to COP. She wasn't walking very steady so we opted to only do rides she could be wheeled on the entire week with the exception of SSE and HM because they stop the moving belts for loading. We stood in line for laugh floor but Apple was singing loud by the time the doors open so we just walked back out...when Apple starts on a kick she is not easily quieted. We headed over to the WL to relax and look around because we had never visited there before. Let me tell you I fell in L

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheryl:

I'm so sorry to hear of Aunt Apple's passing! It's clear that she was dearly loved! It is wonderful that you were able to make so many beautiful memories on your recent trip to Disney World!

My condolences to you and your family.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Cheryl, oh my goodness! I'm so sorry for your loss. You've shared some wonderful memories of Aunt Apple and I really enjoyed getting to know her through your trip reports. Thank you for sharing her with us.

My best to you and your family.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for your loss. It was obvious how much Aunt Apple meant to you and I'm glad you got to share those final happy memories with her. Thank you for sharing her with us as well.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I am having computer difficulties so I will continue this report a little later. I promise I will come back and share the rest of Apples week in Disney... she had us laughing most of the week.... she was very onery most of the time.... As sad as I am right now.. I am glad she did not suffer... I checked on her at about 3 am and she was talking and awake....by 8 am she was "home".

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for your loss. God bless you for making Aunt Apple so happy. Just think of how special and wonderful you made her life. You will always have wonderful memories of her and can be at peace with the fact that you made her life wonderful right up until she passed on.
    The world needs more wonderful people like you and your family.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for your loss. She seems like such a sweet lady and I loved hearing about her in your trip reports.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Oh! I'm so sorry!!!! I so enjoyed your adventures with Apple, I last wrote to you that I even shared your trip reports with my family as I was so touched by your Aunt Apple stories. Thank you so much for sharing this joyful human being with us. I am so very sorry for your loss. Lisa
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Cheryl,

I am so sad for the loss of your beloved Aunt Apple. May God give you comfort and strength during this difficult time.

I have enjoyed your reports of Aunt Apple, and what a testimony to live life each and every day to the fullest she left for all of you.

God blessed her with good days right up until the end.

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

What sad news.

Thank you so much for sharing Aunt Apple with all of us. I know you will miss her greatly. What a blessing your family was to her and she to you! I am so glad you have such wonderful memories of this sweet and fiesty lady...
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

I am so happy that you had a chance to share Disney with Aunt Apple.
    Even though I have never met your Aunt.
    I feel as though I knew her through your reports
    Thanks for sharing her with us!
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear about Aunt Apple. Your last trip reports made me laugh and I looked forward to hearing about her take on the soap stars. My condolences to you and your family.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about Aunt Apple. I enjoyed the stories you were able to share here about her.
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for your loss of Aunt Apple - what heartbreaking news. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

When you're up to it, I know we'd all love to hear more details of your trip with her. Once again, my deepest sympathies.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear about Aunt Apple. I have enjoyed reading your trip reports about your last trip! She really enjoyed life and has brought much happiness to those who loved her. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    April
    Up Next: April 19-26th 40th Birthday
    Past trips:
    Dec./Jan.2001/2002 OP (engaged @ Castle!)
    Oct. 03 YC (6mos pregnant)
    May. 05 BC (DD 1st trip)
    April/May 06 DL (1st trip
    Oct. 07 BWI (DD2 1st trip)
    Oct. 08 WL (Grand Gathering)
    Dec. 09 Timeshare
    2011, 2013 POFQ
    Mar/Apr 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry about Aunt Apples. She sounded like a fun lady. I extremely enjoyed your last trip report and told my mom and sister all about them and that they needed to read them too. I am so glad you got to take her one last time to see the christmas decorations and to make some more wonderful memories. I know she was loved and will be greatly missed. My prayers go with you and your family in this time of loss.
    LIZ
    Disneyland-Too many times to count
    WDW
    APRIL 2005 - Offsite
    DECEMBER 2006 - Fort Wilderness
    OCTOBER 2007-Saratoga Springs Resort
    SEPTEMBER 2009-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry for your loss. Your Aunt must have been a wonderful lady - to still want to go to WDW at age 96 is very cool.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I too am sorry for your loss. I have loved reading your Aunt Apple stories. It sounds like she was a lady who kept you on your toes. I am sure you will all miss her. You sure do have a lot of great memories with her.
    Rhonda

Trips to WDW: Priceless

Impossible is not a word.

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry to read of your loss. I have enjoyed reading your posts.
    "Believe me, it's the most exciting and challenging assignment we have ever tackled at Walt Disney Productions."
    Walt Disney speaking on the future Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

I am very sorry for your loss. I really enjoyed reading your last trip report and look forward to reading this one.
    Your Aunt Apple sounds like one special lady. How wonderful of you to share disney with her. Treasure the memories. God bless you and your family.
    LORI

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: