Quantcast Magical Express - Return Pickup Time

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magical Express - Return Pickup Time

We are looking at flying on a different airline for our next trip. Unfortunately, they only offer one flight out of Orlando to our airport and its at 8:30 a.m. What time would Magic Express pick us up so we could make an 8:30 a.m. flight?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

They pick up about three hours in advance, so you would need to be ready to go and at the ME stop by 5:30 a.m. or so. They leave specific information for you on around the day before departure.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

They say 3 hours, but it is usually 3hours, 15 minutes. I would be sure to be there are 3:15 before your flight.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry, no time is too early for the Magical Express. A couple of years ago we were staying at OKW and had a 6:00am flight, they sent two vans to our room to get us and our luggage at 2:45am and we boarded the ME at 3:00am. Great service!
    1972-1989 - Offsite
    1992 - Dixie Landings (Mansions)
    1993 - Poly (Honeymoon)
    1994, 1995 - FW
    2002, 2003, 2005 - DCL
    1998-2000, 2004, 2006, 2008 - DVC
    2004-2006 - POR
    2001-2007 - Various All-Star Resorts
    2005, 2006 - Pop Century
    2007 - Dolphin, CBR, ASMo, ASSp, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pennsy22 View Post
    Don't worry, no time is too early for the Magical Express. A couple of years ago we were staying at OKW and had a 6:00am flight, they sent two vans to our room to get us and our luggage at 2:45am and we boarded the ME at 3:00am. Great service!
    That's going to be us in February- our flight home leaves at 6:20 am! I'm thinking we shouldn't bother going to bed and just soak in all things Disney for as long as possible.
    laughter is timeless. imagination has no age. and dreams are forever.

Past Disney World Trips:
    2/97, 4/98, & 4/00 offsite
    7/06 Honeymoon @ CSR, 9/07 @ Pop with MNSSHP, 2/09 @ POR, 12/09 @ CBR with MVMCP, 1/11 @ CSR
    Next Trip:
    12/15 @ Pop! First trip with 2 little princesses!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pennsy22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiegoose View Post
    That's going to be us in February- our flight home leaves at 6:20 am! I'm thinking we shouldn't bother going to bed and just soak in all things Disney for as long as possible.
    you are all troopers, ouch! I couldnt do it leaving, i book the latest flight i can get!
    Brian

December 9 -December 18, 2015 POR
    Sept 24 - Oct 4, 2009, POFQ
    September, 2008 - CBR
    April, 1988-offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brian2000boston View Post
    you are all troopers, ouch! I couldnt do it leaving, i book the latest flight i can get!
    I book the cheapest flight I can get! Seriously though, for about $200 roundtrip/person from Boston on non-stop flights, I couldn't beat the price. The day we arrive we get in a little after 10 am, so we should be at the parks by early afternoon. I'd rather leave later on departure day but that would have added about $75/person, money I'd rather use on souvenirs.
    laughter is timeless. imagination has no age. and dreams are forever.

Past Disney World Trips:
    2/97, 4/98, & 4/00 offsite
    7/06 Honeymoon @ CSR, 9/07 @ Pop with MNSSHP, 2/09 @ POR, 12/09 @ CBR with MVMCP, 1/11 @ CSR
    Next Trip:
    12/15 @ Pop! First trip with 2 little princesses!

Post Thanks / Like

If there are reservations, DME buses do pick-ups at each resort every 30 minutes on a set schedule. For instance, Resort X might have scheduled pick-ups at :20 and :50 after every hour, etc.

Therefore, the pick-up often isn't scheduled for precisely 3 hours before a flight ... the window is 2.75 to 3.25 hours before a flight.

It is also VERY important to note that DME buses only come around for pick-ups at those appointed times when there are reservations for a ride. In other words, if the pick-up times at Resort Y are :00 and :30 after the hour, and no one has a reservation for a ride to catch a 6:00 p.m. bus, then there will be no DME bus swinging by Resort Y at 3:00 p.m. for a pick-up. This is why it's important to be on-time for your scheduled bus ... because you can never be sure there will be another one 30 minutes later. The front desk and Bell staff don't know, either ... they are not provided with up-to-the-minyte DME bus info, and we've read many many reports of guests being given incorrect DME info by resort staff.

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is God bless and good luck!

We had an 8:30 flight on our way home at Easter, we had to be on the bus at 5:30, which meant they picked up our luggage at 5:00, which meant we had to wake our kids up by 4:50 (which was 3:50 central time)

We were at the airport by 6 am with two grumpy toddlers. Boo.

Never again my friend!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: