Quantcast Inside stateroom

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Inside stateroom

I have promised my girls a cruise next year, plus going to WDW. I have been keeping an eye on the prices for a little while trying to decide the best time to go. I don't think I will be able to swing the oceanview and will have to go with the inside. I was wondering what the difference in the standard and the deluxe inside stateroom was? Is it size or amenities or something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if I book an inside and things get better and can afford an oceanview can I switch if there are still some available?
    LIZ
    Disneyland-Too many times to count
    WDW
    APRIL 2005 - Offsite
    DECEMBER 2006 - Fort Wilderness
    OCTOBER 2007-Saratoga Springs Resort
    SEPTEMBER 2009-OKW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My DH and I went on a three night cruise in January this year and had an inside stateroom. The biggest issue for us was that the bathroom was VERY small!!! Since we didn't spend that much time in our stateroom it really didn't bother us that much.

We are taking the kids with us on a 4 night cruise in November next year and we booked a stateroom with a veranda. From the floor plan online it looks a litte bigger.

Kristine----Mom to David and Kassandra
    Oct 2005 DVC Members SSR
    Jan 2006 SSR
    OKW Oct 31-Nov 6 2006 shhh its a secret
    OKW May 11-15 2007 Me Time
    OKW Sep-Oct 2007 Family X-mas Gift
    DCL Jan 2009 1st cruise (just DH and I)
    Next up Oct-Nov 2009 Land and Sea

Post Thanks / Like

The standard inside does not have the split bathroom that the deluxe ones have.

Everyone gets the same service, but the suites who get concierge.

The verandah rooms are bigger, and the light from the verandah is said to give the impression of more space.

The deck 6 verandahs are deeper than the ones on deck 5 so I've read.
    May '14 -- OKW 1 bdrm
    Dec '13 -- OKW + Off site
    Mar '13 -- Saratoga Springs
    Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7Nt EC
    June '11 --BLT for SWW, July '11 -- OKW
    Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nt EC/5 nights POFQ
    DVC @ BLT Dec 2010 Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the cruises we have bene on it is all the location of the room. Middle of the ship and close to the Lido deck where all the activities go on is your deluxe.Front or back of the ship and closer to the water line are standard as these rooms feel more of the motion from the ocean. Deluxe rooms might be just a little bigger but not much. Most cruise line rooms are just a little bigger than a nice walk in closet.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in a deluxe inside stateroom with the split bathrooms and loved it! We puposefully picked the first floor, dead center of the ship as I can tend to get motion sick. I never felt a thing! Also, we traveled with a family who had a room with a balcony - they visited our room to see how the motion and noise were. For our next trip this February, they picked to be in the room next to us (we picked the exact room again) over the one they had last year. And, I second the post above, we were rarely in our room - only to bathe and sleep!
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laward32 View Post
    Also, if I book an inside and things get better and can afford an oceanview can I switch if there are still some available?
    You can, but one thing to keep in mind, is that the closer you get to the cruise, the higher the price. You could book a guaranteed inside stateroom and possibly get a free upgrade if that category starts selling out, or you could take a risk and try to upgrade at the port. Check-in upgrades are tricky, but deeply discounted. The ships do try and sail at full occupancy and if they do have some staterooms left over, they go quickly. You'd need to arrive at the port as soon as they open and go right to the upgrade counter.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Prices are good during hurricane season. But remember, hurricanes can ruin cruises.
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

We had an inside room on our first Disney cruise. I didn't mind it at all. I was actually surprised at the size of this room. It was the same size as my veranda rooms on some other major cruise lines. I did find that with an inside room I slept really well. Nice and dark. That was the most relaxing cruise I had ever been on.
    "Are you an Tigger or an Eeyore?" - Randy Pausch

Been to WDW more times than I can count since 1972. Stayed at BLT, AKV, WLV, SSR, POP, CBR, CR, FW Cabins, all the All Stars and also off site. Been to DL 3 times, 4 cruises on the Magic and went on the Dream Inaugural Cruise.

DVC - 7/2008

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: