Quantcast DLR -- DCA Expansion/Renovation Discussion [merged] - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    From the original rumors that were out Disney is also taking out the lighted Mickey head on Screamin' -- I am not a fan of that either, I LOVE how it looks at night.
    What??? Why? That is so backwards. So, they are replacing a tasteful Mickey with an "in your face" Mickey?

That's just cheesy. I thought the whole theme they were trying to convey was one of Victorian "splendor"...the California/Hollywood of the "Golden Era", of days gone by.

I mean, honestly, that's like taking one of the icons at the All Star Movies and putting it in the courtyard at the Grand Floridian. Talk about disjointed...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    From the original rumors that were out Disney is also taking out the lighted Mickey head on Screamin' -- I am not a fan of that either, I LOVE how it looks at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    What??? Why? That is so backwards. So, they are replacing a tasteful Mickey with an "in your face" Mickey?

That's just cheesy. I thought the whole theme they were trying to convey was one of Victorian "splendor"...the California/Hollywood of the "Golden Era", of days gone by.

I mean, honestly, that's like taking one of the icons at the All Star Movies and putting it in the courtyard at the Grand Floridian. Talk about disjointed...
    I'm with you on this one. Bad, bad, bad idea for both the Sun Wheel & Screamin'.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alice2marie View Post
    Does anyone know if they have opened the preview center yet, or when they might?
    A tenative opening date of October 20th has been announced by some sources.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Bummer though, we'll be there October 6-10. I guess I will just have to count on everyone here at intercot to keep me up to date on all the changes to come. You guys always have the best info. Keep up the great work!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney View Post
    A tenative opening date of October 20th has been announced by some sources.
    Where will this preview center be?
    Natalie

Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

In the old Seasons of the Vine theatre in the Golden Vine Winery.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile DCA Expansion in the news

I don't know if this has already been posted somewhere, but:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/c...46-disney-park
    Stan
    11/72 CR 10/73 PR 7/75 PR 7/77 PR 8/79 PR 7/81 PR 7/83 PR 7/85 PR 8/87 Grosvenor 6/89 PR 7/90 CBR 7/92 POR 8/97 POFQ 6/99 POR 9/00 BWV 1/03 OKW 6/03 POR 8/03 BCV 5/05 BWV 5/06 BCV 12/06 SSR 1/07 ASMv 8/08 BCV 1/09 BWV 8/09 PR 1/10 PC 5/11 PC 7/11 AKL&BCV 1/13 OKW 6/13 BCV&AKL 1/15 OKW 7/16 PR

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting that article! I can't wait to see how many of the changes actually come to fruition with our present economy ... the new revamped DCA will be awesome!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I'm going to definitely miss the Mickey head.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, that's just sad...
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it looks empty.

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

That really upset me, the mickey head was awesome as a backdrop for pictures. Now will just look like any other theme park.

They are taking the Golden Gate bridge out too? I guess that wouldn't fit with Pixarland but that was always so cool as you walk in. So does that mean it will just be a normal monorail track?

Post Thanks / Like

So, looking at the model, are the tunnels on California Screamin' going to be gone also?
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

Let me caution everone to not over-analyze what is represented in the models/conceptual artwork shown in the Blue Sky Cellar- after all, that's the nature of the "Blue Sky" process and a lot will be subject to changes/tweaks until we reach the final product.

Some of the models/artwork in the exhibit are from the earliest concept pitches for the makeover and already there have been quite a number of changes in the current design.

California Screamin' takes on a different look but who says it won't make for an impressive backdrop still (especially once the World of Color lagoon show debuts I think you'll see that it will frame things very nicely and continue to offer plenty of distinctive photo ops).

And Mickey isn't disappearing from Paradise Pier- after all he's the star of the sun wheel (now Mickey's Fun Wheel)- again conceptual artwork and models are just that- concepts to provide a starting baseline for the design teams but in no way final.

Post Thanks / Like

I missed going to see the area in DCA yesterday, I just didn't have time. How long is the preview area open for?

Thanks for the good info Mufasa. Things usually do change before they become final. Hoping for the best.

Post Thanks / Like

They don't have a date of how long the preview center will be open, but since all the changes aren't scheduled to be finished until 2011 it should be open for a long while.

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

Blue Sky Cellar Unveils Exciting New Magic Coming to Disney’s California Adventure Park

ANAHEIM, Calif., October 15, 2008 – Nestled in the Golden Vine Winery at the base of Grizzly Peak in Disney’s California Adventure Park, the Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar is a place where Guests will get an exclusive sneak preview of what is new and what is in store for the expansion of the Disneyland Resort. Beginning October 20, Guests will view working models as well as dozens of concepts and sketches from Disney Imagineers, the creative minds behind the design and construction of Disney theme parks and attractions.

With Blue Sky Cellar, Guests will be invited for the first time to preview works in progress at Disneyland Resort by immersing themselves in a facsimile of an Imagineering workspace. Based on the belief that idea gathering is best when “the sky’s the limit,” the Blue Sky Cellar is designed to resemble an Imagineering “charette,” an extended creative idea development meeting. Guests receive an inside-look at how Imagineers take “blue sky” ideas and refine them into the classic storytelling that characterizes Disney Theme Park attractions and adventures.

In this whimsical immersive setting, Imagineers have taken over a former wine cellar and set up shop. Wine barrels have turned into work stations and the former wine tasting room has become a screening room where videos showcase the behind-the-scenes magic that goes into the creation of new and upcoming attractions for Disney’s California Adventure.

Guests will view several new attraction models, including the newly envisioned Paradise Pier area with its turn-of-the-20th-Century look, ride vehicle maquettes from Toy Story Mania!; and the new character overlays to the Games of the Boardwalk. Special features include updates and character additions to attractions such as Mickey’s Fun Wheel (an enhancement of the current Sun Wheel) and Silly Symphony Swings (a refreshed and rethemed Orange Stinger).

Brand new sketches and artwork line the walls including images of the new entrance area, soon to be known as Buena Vista Street, which will bring to life a nostalgic look at Los Angeles from the 1920s and 30s when Walt Disney first arrived in California; a Red Car trolley, reminiscent of the Pacific Electric Railway; and a new central plaza area including a replica of the Carthay Circle Theatre, where Walt premiered Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

The “coming soon” area features images of Disney’s World of Color and The Little Mermaid attraction, and looks even further ahead to Cars Land, a 12-acre expansion of the Park which will bring to life the town of Radiator Springs from the Disney?Pixar animated film Cars, complete with three new attractions for the whole family. Additionally, Guests in Blue Sky Cellar will have fun testing their knowledge of Disney trivia at one of the interactive workstations.

The screening room features Imagineers describing the approach and vision of the Disney California Adventure expansion. Guests will see footage of model-making, sculpting, blue sky meetings and all the aspects of bringing a Disney concept to life.

Included in the original announcement of the multi-year expansion of the Disneyland Resort in Fall 2007, the Blue Sky Cellar is part of the overall commitment to keep the community and Disneyland Resort Guests informed of the exciting new and upcoming plans for the Resort. Future updates will focus on other new areas and attractions, and Guests are invited to return periodically for additional exciting information.

Post Thanks / Like

Some pics from the Blue Sky area.

Post Thanks / Like

Great pictures; thank you for posting them. Can't wait to see it next week!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess this doesn't look that horrible. Although I'll think of Spaceship Earth now when I look at Screamin'.
    Last edited by Melanie; 03-19-2009 at 04:03 AM.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: