Quantcast Sleeping Beauty DVD and other re-releases - do you buy?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sleeping Beauty DVD and other re-releases - do you buy?

We already have "Sleeping Beauty" on DVD. I've been wondering whether to buy the new DVD, since it's an anniversary edition.

Is there any reason to buy this one? Do you buy the newly released DVDs if you already have them?

Just curious what others do. I'm on the fence about this.

Tammy

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

A couple of years ago, I would have said that I'd buy any new edition that came out, but the new "improved" releases don't always seem worth the added purchase.

Having said that I will admit to buying the new Sleeping Beauty because it is my all-time favorite Disney movie. Even though many people say this one leaves them cold, I love the visuals and Maleficent is my favorite villan.

As a rule, though, I have grown more selective in which repeat titles I buy.

Post Thanks / Like

I generally don't repurchase them, but I was wondering about this one because the ads say that you can see more than any other release. I have the last release with the full and widescreen versions. Does anyone know if this version really shows more than the widescreen version previously released?
    Nov-Dec 2005- Port Orleans Riverside First Trip
    April - May 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside
    Nov-Dec 2007 - Wilderness Lodge for 40th Birthday
    April 2008 - Wilderness Lodge
    Next Trip - Nov-Dec 2010 - Wilderness Lodge for Mother's 75th Birthday

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely not... Heck, I don't even buy any of the cheapquels... I have upgraded my collection to DVD and that's where I'm staying for a while. Blu-Ray doesn't offer me anything "new" to see really... Sleeping Beauty really surprised me as their first high definition release, it is one of the more recent ones, I really can't expect many will upgrade their DVD to Blu-Ray...

Post Thanks / Like

No. Really see no reason to unless there is something really different and special on the newer version.
    "When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

"There's no rest on planetary duty." -Paul Watson

You'll Never Walk Alone - Justice For The 96!!!

Post Thanks / Like

No upgrade for me either. I have upgraded some movies in general to Blu-Ray; but not this one. I will upgrade Monsters and Toy Story to Blu Ray should it ever get released.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

I don't usually buy the re-releases either unless there is something really special as an added feature. Once I get a Blu-Ray machine I will start the process of switching over but until then I don't see myself buying too many things that are re-issued.
    Off Site - December 1999
    POFQ - June 2008
    AK Kidani Village - May 2009
    AKV Kidani Village - October 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't even buy rereleases of movies I have on VHS! (Except of course the ones like Little Mermaid, Sleeping Beauty, Lion King and Beauty and the Beast, but only because I watched them so many times that they're now sort of...dead)
    <3 Robin

Prince Charming: It's offical. I've lost my mind. First I'm hijacked by bluebirds and now I'm talking to ...imaginary mice.

King: I do trust you son.... It's the talking mice I'm worried about...

Post Thanks / Like

I will probly buy it cause I do not have it for my collection yet. But it will be the normal verison not he blu ray. But then its like how much longer will there be the normal dvds out there and I know you can still play them on the blu-ray player, but it just gets to the point were you are like. "Ok what do I have to upgrade to now?" It will be sometime before I get the blu ray..Heck I have to get a high def tv first..

Dean
    Twitter = DVC5571

Apr 04--First trip ever--30th Birthday Present
    Dec 05--Off Site (Honeymoon)
    Oct 07-- On Stie POP
    Feb 09-- Off Site -AK day trip
    Sept 10 -- Onsite -Coronodo Springs

Member of the Tommorowland Metro-Retro Historical Society

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why they didn't just start over again with Snow White? Bring back some of those movies that have been locked in the vault for a while.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: