Quantcast Hilton Head- been there?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Hilton Head- been there?

Hey, has anyone been to the DVC resort in Hilton Head? I've been to the island before, but not at Disney. Can anyone tell me about it? We'll probably be going there early next summer. Thanks!!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hhi

My wife and I spent three days there. It was very nice. It also was our first visit to HHI. The resort is quiet and rustic. It lies in the marsh next door to a marina where there are shops and plenty of places to eat. There is only a CS for food at the resort. The pool is small but nice. Hammocks, horseshoe pits and BBQ grilles are plentiful. The pier off the back give a great view of the resort. You can even fish off of it. It is about 15 minutes north of Harbortown. It unlike any other DVC, the studios are larger than the one at the world with views varying from woods, marshes to gardens. If you seek a peaceful, quiet and serene setting than this is the place. And as with all Disney locations, clean as a whistle with impecible sevice.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

I was in HH last August and had a great time. Stayed for a week, A little hot then but not to bad. Went to Savannah to Paula Dean's and also played 2 rounds of golf. Very quiet resort. Many activities for the whole family. Will go back without question someday.

Post Thanks / Like

Great resort. Even though the resort itself is not directly on the beach, it does have a dedicated beach house right on the Atlantic down the road from the resort, and you can rent bikes and ride to the beach.

(You can also ride your bike ON the beach, cause the sand is so packed! Really cool!)
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

I am leaving for DHHIR this TOMORROW! We go every October for a convention. We usually stay a long weekend.

The resort is a slow down from what you may be used to at The World but I mean it in a good way. It is nice in that it forces you to come together as a family, becuase there isn't the rush rush of parks parks and more parks.

I love the pool area. It is small but not TOO small for the resort. There are lots of things to do on Hilton Head, my personal favorite is fishing. There is a guy there who I consider one of the greatest guides anywhere, Brian Vuaghan. No I am not related in any way, I just am very pleased with his incredible expertise.
    http://www.offthehookcharters.com
    You catch incredible fish on, near, and around the Hilton Head area, and the fishing there is far more affordable than in Florida. Perhaps the best thing about that is you fish not so much "out to sea" but on the brackish waters and backwaters and inlets. It's very interesting, if you click the site you will see what I mean.
    Ok enough on fishing. The DVC Hilton Head is a 2 part deal. The resort is where you sleep, and if you want, swim in the pool, play horseshoes, fish off the dock, etc... But then less than 10 mintues away on the Atlantic Beach side of the Island is a second building, the Disney Beach House. There is a place to eat there, showers, pool, and all kinds of beach gear like umbrellas and chase lounges right down on the beach. Also IMHO as for the Atlantic, which I am biased somewhat against, the beach on Hilton Head is Fantastic and very large. Hilton Head is a somewhat exclusive sort of vacation beach in that compared to say Daytona, where anyone can drive right up and hop out, Hilton Head doesn't have much in the way of CHEAP seats, so there isn't a lot of riff raff there, (except when WE go down, we are the riff raff).

What I am trying to say is, becuase Hilton Head is typically expensive, you don't see much in the way of "bad element" on the beach there. I feel very safe and extremely comfortable there with my family.

Lots to do, great get away, and very clean. I just wish the resort had a full service restaurant, but then there are nice places to eat within walking distance.

I love HH and I hope you have a great time there.
    We lost count around 30 visits since 1998.
    We have 4 visits to DL/DCA.

We've stayed at Grand Cali at DL, and all WDW resorts and all DVC's except AKL/Villas, Pop, Port Orleans, Bay Lake, and FWCamp. Our Favorite? For Hotels, Grand Fla, and for DVC, BWV, with BWV our first choice overall.

Post Thanks / Like

We go to the HHI resort every November for Thanksgiving. We love it there. It's a different kind of vacation than WDW-very slow, quiet, relaxed. Unfortunately, I haven't been in the summer so I can't tell you what it's like then.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: