Quantcast Yeti - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yeti

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by garthbarth1 View Post
    So when you are on the train, and the Yeti sweeps his arm at you, is he above you? Or is he on one side or the other (for example, if Im sitting in the train facing forward, should I be looking towards my right or left for the Yeti?) Sorry for the crazy question, but I didnt see him last year (besides the shadow) and am determined to see him this trip next week! TIA for any tips..like WHEN I shoud look for him...
    After the main photo drop you'll reenter the mountain briefly, then exit again. You'll do a couple of really fun spirals before arching up to enter the mountain again. When you enter for the second time, a little past he'll be above you and to the right. You should be able to see him just fine if you're sitting on the left and even in the back because the train arches back down under him. It's near the end of the ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jessica! I will be looking for him next week!!
    2 TRIPS AS A CHILD!
    00-CBR 1st trip with now husband!
    05 ASM
    07 CR & 1st MNSSHP
    08 POFQ MNSSHP
    09 BW MNSSHP
    10 AKL MNSSHP
    11 CS MNSSHP!
    12 Two DL Trips & MNSSHP
    13 POLY MNSSHP
    14 WL MNSSHP
    15 POLY MNSSHP
    16 CS & 10th MNSSHP
    17 POR & MNSSHP
    18 AKL 1st MVMCP
    19 POR MNSSHP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DAKustodial View Post
    Off topic again...
    But the indoor restaurants and attractions at Animal Kingdom all did have AC back when the park opened. Honestly though...waiting in line for Kilimanjaro Safaris or sitting through the Flights of Wonder show back then was absolutely excruciating because of the heat.

I'm really thankful that the decision makers figured out the things that were unbearable in the park and attempted to fix them.
    Sorry to drag this even further off topic (we should create a new thread!). True it's much better now than in 1998. But I still think there are things that need sorting, like the fact you get soaked waiting for Festival of the Lion King if it's raining and all the rain drips through the natural canopy and wet you even more and of course, the queue for Everest is a bit brutal.

It's a shame really. It's a pretty nice queue. When I was reading some of the stuff in the cabinets I found them genuinely interesting, but I couldn't shake the fact I was overheating and needed a bottle of water.
    1998 : All Star Sports
    2001 : Off-Site
    2005 : Caribbean Beach
    2008 : Caribbean Beach
    2011 : Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2015 (Aug/Sept) : Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

believe me.. I didnt see the Yeti the third week of july the ride was a huge disapointment.. only a shadow and a loud roar..

There are two Yeti's in the ride.

The first is after you go backwards, you come to a stop and there is a video on a projection screen of A SHADOW of the Yeti pulling up the tracks and roaring. Then you go forward again, into the photo shot. See my previous post for what happens after that.

They would not completely remove the Yeti without it's replacement there. There are at the least, probably 3 animatronics for it just in case of situations where one completely breaks down.

Post Thanks / Like

I was on EE today and saw the Yeti with the strobe. It wasn't moving but the stobe gave a slight effect that it was. I could also see its two glowing red eyes. It was easy to spot because I knew where to look. (I have seen the Yeti in the past when it was in A mode.) The B mode is definitely more difficult to see and not as impressive but it is still very cool.

Post Thanks / Like

DH and i went on EE three times this past weekend. and he's definitely gone. the animated one on the screen is there but the animatronic huge guy that used to be there is definitely not.

MAJOR BUMMER.
    1/07 - POP : 1/08 - POR : 9/08 - POFQ :3/09 - POFQ : 1/10 - POFQ : 9/10 - BWV First Trip Home! : 12/10 - SSR : 1/11 - THV!!

Post Thanks / Like

I just read on another very respected site that the Yeti is having foundation problems and some mechanical problems and has been running 99% in B mode. And like I've stated in other posts, I noticed that when he's running in B mode, he's very difficult to see. So this may be why people aren't seeing him so much lately.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    First Trip to Disney World; age 4 1/2; 01/89 CBR
    15+trips staying at CBR, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings, AsSp, AsMu, AsMo, POP!, GF, WL, Fort Wilderness.
    Resent Trips;
    03/04; POP!
    03/05; POP!
    06/06; POP! (Honeymoon!)
    03/07; AsMo
    09/08; AsMu

Post Thanks / Like

Confirmed what the above poster said. I went to Animal Kingdom this past weekend, and I could not make him out. Actually, being my first time on the ride, my brother had to tell me that the Yeti wasn't active. The lights/strobes didn't even fire.

Maybe I'll go visit today and see after class.

Homework can wait when it comes to Disney info!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJessicaSparrow View Post
    Maybe I'll go visit today and see after class.

Homework can wait when it comes to Disney info!
    HA!!! Thanks for trying to add to our knowledge ahead of your own!!!! Homework
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

ah, it must have been running in B mode over the weekend. because when we thought we'd see him reaching out and trying to grab us, we instead kinda sorta saw a shadow of him farther back.

i hope they fix him! it's so cool when you think he's going to grab you!
    1/07 - POP : 1/08 - POR : 9/08 - POFQ :3/09 - POFQ : 1/10 - POFQ : 9/10 - BWV First Trip Home! : 12/10 - SSR : 1/11 - THV!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveLegos View Post
    I love coasters, I had my eyes wide open all the way & didn't see anything but the shadow yeti - I was dissapointed after seeing the making of EE on TV and all... I have only ridden it once to date though, I thought he was down for maintenance.
    I agree with you...we rode it last week and I only saw the shadow. I wasn't sure what else to look for, but I had my eyes open the whole time.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: