Quantcast Boma -- Good choice for kids??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boma -- Good choice for kids??

Greetings!

I made a ressie for Boma for our upcoming trip. I thought it was a good idea at the time, but now I"m not so sure. Some family friends just came back from the World and ate there and said it was not good at all. He said the spices they used were unusual and were not tasty. I have a picky 8 year old and would hate to pay boku bucks for a meals he's not going to eat....How did you children fair there???

Any advice is welcome here.....

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Boma is great for kids. They have one whole table that is just chicken fingers, mac and cheese, fries, and a few other dishes that fall into the category of kids american food. They also have prime rib if your kids like steak. There is such a good variety of food I can't imagine someone not liking something. None of the food is extremely spicy except a few of the soups. And there is no kid that won't go crazy for the dessert buffet! It is excellent. There are always tons of kids there as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree it is a great place for kids. We have eaten there three times and have LOVED each time. They have a super desert selection, and as said above a great selection of mac and cheese, chicken fingers and fries. There is something for everyone. Don't worry about it at all, except deciding when to go back.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll buck the trend on this one once again. While I'm a big fan of Boma, I find that unless you are an adventurous eater, it may not be the best place to be. Yes, as others have said, there is a fairly good kids fare section of the buffet line, but the value in that is almost non-existent. It basically turns a top notch table service mean into a counter service location. My advice would be to eat at the American Adventure over in Epcot if all you're going to do is sample the chicken fingers and mac and cheese.

But yes, theselection is there for picky eaters, it's just not a great use of a table service credit if you're on the DDP or even paying OOP for a buffet.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Boma! My kids enjoyed it, too. It was nice because they have the regular kid-friendly stuff, but being a buffet, I got them to try some new things, too. And of course, they loved the dessert.

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I were skeptical too but we took the chance. BOMA gave us an opportunity to try a little of everything and decide what we really liked. We then got back on line to get what we did like. We have taking the family in 26 days including DNephew who will be 2. He amazes me by what he likes every time I am with him. I do not doubt he will like the "traditional American fare" but I am sure I can get him to try some of Boma's signatures.

BTW - love the desserts!!!

#35 - SSR 05/16
    34 trips
    2015 SSR
    2014 GFV & CBR/ToT 10mi!
    2013 DWL & POFQ
    2012 Bdwlk & SSR
    2010, 2011 OKW
    2009 BLT & SSR
    2008 SSR & AKV
    2007 SSR 2x
    2006 SSR 2x