Quantcast Could I have a bit of pixie dust?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Could I have a bit of pixie dust?

Hi guys... I haven't been around much lately, but as I believe in the power of the pixie dust here, thought I'd jump on and ask for a wee bit.

I had a terrible toothache about 1 1/2 weeks ago, and an x-ray at the dentist showed a problem w/ a wisdom tooth and the molar next to it, and both need to come out.

Fast forward to today, when the toothache came back at 2 am and basically stayed all day... the dentist had given me a prescrip. for Tyl w/ codeine, and I finally gave in and took it this afternoon - but it didn't really help.

Tomorrow is my consultation w/ the oral surgeons who are going to do the work, and I guess at this point, based on how I've felt all day and still feel, I'm hoping and praying they take pity on me and find a space to fit me and and just get it over with... I can't possible spend another day like today. Ouch!!

The last piece of all of this -- I am double, triple secret terrified of dentists and dental work of any kind -- so the mere fact that I went and am now praying for tomorrow to come quickly just goes to show you how I've felt that night and today. But I'm still double, secret nervous -- I told my DH he may get a call to come if they decide to do it, and he'll definitely have to be there to get me home, as I plan to be medicated. Well medicated.

So - if anyone could spare a bit of pixie dust for tomorrow, I'd greatly appreciate it... I realize it's not as serious as some of the stuff we "dust" around here, but I'm a big chicken and could use just a dusting.

Thanks!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You got, I know just how you feel. I have one more appointment with my dentist this Friday. I can deal well with most pain except for mouth pain. Hope all goes well for you.

I consider myself rather lucky, I only had one wisdom tooth come in and that didn't happen until I was 35. So far it's been no trouble.
    Bill
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

AKL, Jambo, September 18 to October 2, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck! I hate dentist too. I had both my wisdom teeth taken out. The Oral surgen had numed my mouth so I didn't feel a thing. They tried make me sleeply but that didn't work on me medicnes never make me drousy. Anyway I am sure you'll do fine and feel better afterwards. Here is some pixie dust to help you through.
    Here we go feel the flow its the universe of energy.

One little spark imagination, its how our minds create creation. Right at the start of everyting that's new one little spark light up for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it all goes well and that you're out of pain soon!

Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry that you have had this ordeal going on Blythe. I think many of us can relate to your fear of dentists. I hope you get the relief you are searching for very soon and that you heal up quick and can let this experience fade from your memory banks. Good luck.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm praying for ya! I know exactly how you feel... I haven't been to the dentist in a few years because I'm terrified, but now I'm having some jaw problems because I probably need to go get my wisdom teeth pulled and I have a deep cavity that needs filled. Usually it's just better to go and get it over with before the problems start!

Post Thanks / Like

Sending prayers and pixie dust that everything goes smoothly for you! I also hope that you aren't in too much pain today!
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

on the way!

Have you tried Orajel for the pain? Sometimes that will help.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

By the time I'm writing this, I hope it's all over and done and you're on the way to recovery! But here's some for you, Blythe!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Blythe -- hope you're doing OK and feeling better soon.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck I hope all goes well with your surgery.
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Blythe,
    I SO hear you! I hated the dentist too. And toothaches can be so excruciating! I hope when you're reading this you have already had your teeth fixed. The next time this happens feel free to ask for stronger narcotics if you can stand them. They were the only medication that helped get rid of the pain. I've also used tramadol, which acts like a narcotic, but doesn't make me feel loopy. And feel free to ask for nitrous oxide during procedures. I have had 5 root canals and lots of other work as an adult. I used to be very afraid also, so the nitrous helped. I've had so much work done, that I'm desensitized to the fear. I don't need nitrous anymore.

I hope you're feeling better really soon!
    Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys -- just checking in to say thanks for the pixie dust, it worked! (like I was surprised... )

I went in for my consult, and the surgeon was the sweetest older gentleman... the second he walked in the room, the tears started and I was SO embarassed... but he was great and within moments dealt with my fears and had me calm again. He asked when I wanted the work done, and I said, "as soon as possible..." He asked if I'd eaten, and I hadn't, hoping they could fit me in... so he gave me a cup full of antibiotics to take & said they'd do it in an hour!

I called my DH and he came right over, waited with me and kept me from quaking in my shoes... the nurses must've all been told how I was feeling, b/c before the procedure, I asked to use the ladies room, and they all said, "you're coming back, right??"

They gave me a shot and I went right off to sleep... next thing I knew, I was waking up in the recovery area, Dan was there (smiling at how goofy I looked... ) and the worst was over.

Now, I'm just trying to adjust to how the pain meds make me feel -- a little loopy, but occas. nauseaus, too. So, I'm up still now, waiting to take my last dose of antibiotics and then crawling into bed.

Thanks again for all the pixie dust and prayers and good thoughts -- you guys are awesome!

Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

That's great news.
    Bill
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

AKL, Jambo, September 18 to October 2, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Blythe sorry I missed this. Hope the recovery goes smoothly and quickly!
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe I just found this post! Blythe, I'm so sorry! Pixie dust for a speedy recovery!
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

pogo Guest

Word on the street says Blythe is having a tough time with recovery due to the Meds making her sick.

Here's a little for you Blythe so you might be able to feel better soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Word on the street says Blythe is having a tough time with recovery due to the Meds making her sick.

Here's a little for you Blythe so you might be able to feel better soon.
    Thanks neighbor! The word on the street was right, although today is "so far, so good"... still sore, but at least the nausea is gone, for the most part. A wicked headache remains, but hopefully, that'll go soon, too.

Anybody know -- when does the swelling go down, and when does where they did surgery feel "normal" again??

Anyway, thanks for all the kind words and pixie dust... you guys are great!
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

It should only take a few days before the swelling goes down. I have to warn you that if you start to experience more pain instead of less, go back to the surgeon right away. I had a wisdom tooth and the molar next to it removed last spring. There was a funeral the next day for a church member. I was asked to sing and I did. Well, by the end of the week I had dry socket, which is very painful. Take good care of yourself! Don't do anything extra while you heal, or healing could take much longer.

I hope you're feeling much better soon!

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: