Quantcast If Money Was No Object

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile If Money Was No Object

If money was no object, if you had just won the lotto, how would you spend your Disney vacation?. Where would you stay? What extras would you do? I am sure their are Disney experiences that most of us can only dream of. What are they?
    1991 CBR
    1996 ASS
    2006 PC
    2008 PC
    2010 BC
    Next visiting May 2012 YC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If money was no object we would stay at AKL concierge level, we would still get the water parks and more tickets like we already do, and we would definitely eat at some of the restaurants we skip because of price. We would combine our stay with a cruise and all in all we would vacation for 2 weeks.
    Missouri Nurse
    Me (Kim), DH (Kenny), DS (Charlie)
    DD (Kimbra) DD Kaitlyn

March 2008 offsite-First trip Me and Kids
    March 2009 POR First Family Vacation

Post Thanks / Like

wow what a cool thread - my head is spinning just thinking about it!!! i would either go AKL presidential suite with the platinum package OR i would get a suite at the poly - i would absolutely stay for 2 weeks - could you imagine the things you could do and the time you would have to just chill at the world?! oooo what about a split stay 1 week at AKL and 1 week at the poly! thanks for the excuse to daydream today!!
    playdead88

boardwalk villas may 2005
    boardwalk villas may 2006
    beach club villas april 2007

wilderness lodge april 2008
    DVC member april 08
    animal kingdom villas may 09

Post Thanks / Like

I would do either the Polynesian concierge or the Presidential Suite at the Contemporary. That would be unbelievable!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

My dream is to stay at the Poly! I would also love to stay for 2 weeks and be able to take everything slowly and not be rushed. But if I won the lotto I would buy a DVC with a lot of points so I could go several times a year.
    LIZ
    Disneyland-Too many times to count
    WDW
    APRIL 2005 - Offsite
    DECEMBER 2006 - Fort Wilderness
    OCTOBER 2007-Saratoga Springs Resort
    SEPTEMBER 2009-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

What a fun question! I wouldn't even stay at the Grand Flordian I would stay at the Wilderness Lodge. I would stay there for two weeks and not only visit Disney but Sea World and Universal Studios as well. I would buy every soulvenier that I liked and bring people home some really neat gifts. I would also bring all of my close friends and family with me. I would do the Keys to the Kingdom tour, MNSSHP and the last night I would pay to sleep in Cinderella's Castle.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

Magic Kingdom view from the Contemporary. Three weeks stay at WDW with the cruise right after. And boy would I gain weight!!
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Magic Kingdom view, suite at GF concierge level, annual premium passes, deluxe dining, private tours, rent a pontoon boat and jet skis for the afternoon, taxi to the resorts instead of using disney transportation, do hard ticket evening events at MK, we would stay for 1 mth, and lounge and go to parks whenever we felt like it, have room service while we watch movies, and follow up our trip with a paid off membership to dvc with 400 points! Sounds good to me!
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

I would stay at the Cinderella Suite. I figure if I won the lottery then I could find the price Disney is looking for to book it for the entire trip
    Upcoming Trips
    Villas at Grand Californian - 11/2012

Recent Trips
    Old Key West - 12/2011
    Contemporary - 05/2011
    Beach Club Villas - 03/2011
    Villas at Grand Californian - 12/2010
    Hilton Head Island - 5/2010
    Boardwalk Villas - 9/09

DVC Member - Villas at Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

I would quit my job and live at Disney. Haha.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

1. Concierge Poly or Beach Club
    2. Deluxe Dining Plan
    3. An Illuminations or Wishes cruise
    4. Cirque du Soleil
    5. A full day at GF Spa
    6. Keys to the Kingdom tour at MK
    7. Limo service thru out my trip to the
    parks and other resorts
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

I have joked for some time that, were I to suddenly find myself insanely wealthy, I would move to WDW for a year. During off-peak times, I'd stay at WL, AKL, Poly, and so forth, probably about 2 weeks per hotel. During peak, I'd probably stay at one of the value, but not spend much time in the parks - after all, I literally would be able to go anytime.

Post Thanks / Like

I often find myself daydreaming about this!!

I would want to stay concierge at each deluxe resort for a week a piece, with a MK view whenever possible.

I would do the perfectly princess tea party at GF for my DD and the safari at AKL. I would also send DH to the Richard Petty driving experience - I know he would LOVE it!!!

Since we would be there for over a month, we would eat at a different restaurant every night, and just take our time and enjoy!!

I could probably go on and on and on. . .
    Amber
    3/08 - Coronado Springs
    12/08 - Coronado Springs
    5/09 - Beach Club
    9/09 - Caribbean Beach and Yacht Club
    2/10 - Yacht Club
    5/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fupresti View Post
    I would stay at the Cinderella Suite. I figure if I won the lottery then I could find the price Disney is looking for to book it for the entire trip
    When I was on the Keys to the Kingdom tour, the guide said that even celebrities have tried to book the suite and Disney says no and that it will remain a prize to the park guests, priceless if you will. Still, an entire stay in the castle would be an incredible way to spend a vacation in WDW so that would be my wish too if money were no object.
    4/12 - All Star Sports
    12/10 - All Star Sports
    12/09 - All-Star Sports
    12/08 - All-Star Movies
    8/08 - All-Star Movies
    11/07 - Yacht Club
    7/98 - Wilderness Lodge
    10/96 - Disneyland
    7/94 - Dixie Landings
    Prior to 1990 - too many to mention!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we'd take a 3 week vacation. The first 2 weeks we'd spend at the World staying in a Club level savannah room at AKL. We'd do both the sunrise and sunset safaris. I'd rent a towncar and driver for the week so we could forego the buses. DH & I would spend a day at Mandara while DD and DS go on an adventure. Then DD & I would do the $225 tea party while DS & DH went on a fishing excursion. We'd have a private photo session in Magic Kingdom. For our 3rd week, we'd go on the 7-day cruise and stay in a verandah room. And best of all, we'd buy all the souvenirs we wanted!
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

If money was not an issue, I would love to spend 6 months at WDW. I'd either like to stay at Fort Wilderness in my fifth wheel (with my own pillows, bedding,pets, etc.) and have park hoppers with water parks and fun; and platinum dining;....or I'd like to spend 3 months at the Yacht Club,...from October till the end of December. *With* Platinum dining; and waterparks and fun for at least October and November. This way, I would be able to enjoy both the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, and the Christmas decorations and festivities.

Post Thanks / Like

I would do a week at each of the Deluxe resorts (maybe two at the AKL). I'de have a great dining experienceI don't think I would buy extra souvenirs and such. it would just be nice being there for a verrrrrry long time. I gues i would have to splurge on the $10 dollar a day internet fee (motel 6 has free internet... come on disney!)
    1994 - Caribean Beach
    1996 - Boardwalk
    1999 - Caribean Beach
    2000 - Institute
    2001 - Beach Club
    2006 - Animal Kingdom lodge
    2008 - Boardwalk
    2015 - Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

First: Beach Club and go to EPCOT and DHS.
    Next: Contemopary, MK View. Go to MK, do the water stuff. (Jet skis, boats so on)
    Then: AKL and AK.
    All concierge.
    Do all the park tours.
    Water parks thrown in at any time.
    No time limit.
    I also like the idea of a Limo.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    I would quit my job and live at Disney. Haha.
    Me too!
    But seriously, I would spend like two weeks at the parks while staying at Poly or AKL concierge. I would buy tickets for every single day so if I only wanted to go in for an hour I could. Deluxe Dining plan for sure so I could eat at all those places DH and I normally skip due to budget. I would go to LaNouba and go parasailing. I would go to the spa a lot! I would definitely do a private photo session at MK, and maybe even renew my vows with DH at the wedding chapel. I also like the idea of a limo to take me places. Then we would go on a 7 day cruise with a veranda room!

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

This is a very fun question! If money were truly no object, I would spread things out and do a series of trips to WDW over several years and go a few other places too.

Here are my top nine ways to spend my lottery money on Disney stuff:
    1. WDW in the spring for 2 weeks
    2. WDW October for 9-10 days
    3. WDW The day after Christmas through New Years
    4. A Disney Cruise in the spring
    5. Another Christmas trip to WDW
    6. Another Spring trip to WDW
    7. An adventures by Disney UK/Ireland trip
    8. An adventures by Disney Italy trip
    9. A visit to Paris, including Paris DL!

First, in the spring, we would stay at the Poly for the 1st week, Magic Kingdom concierge view and then the second week at AKV in a Grand Villa with the whole family! While at the Poly, we would dine at all the fun and fabulous restaurants at the Poly (Ohana's, Kona, Cali Grill, Citricos, even the Luau). We would spend all our mornings at the parks, and every afternoon at the pool and on the lagoon. At the AKL, we would do the sunrise safari, eat at Jiko and Boma, the Rainforest cafe, enjoy the pool and new water play area. We would go to Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, and even mini golf (something else we never take time to do cause there's not enough time!)

In the Fall, we would stay at the Yacht Club, at whatever the best level of room is there (I love the decor here and can't wait to stay there someday). When at the Yacht Club, we would hit up all the yummy Epcot restaurants, and the Yachtsman steakhouse, one of our personal favorites. We'd actually buy tickets and go to the Food and Wine Festival events! I would spend an entire day at the Mandara Spa at the Dolphin for one of the deluxe treatment packages. I'd bring my grandparents, parents and/or my in-laws and my sister and SIL's families and watch the kids enjoy SAB and Beaches and Cream. We'd do the MNSSHP, and spend lots of time shopping (christmas presents!). I would also buy some things in the Disney art shop outside of Animation that I've always wanted but could never afford. I would spend at least one or two mornings out on my balcony, sipping my coffee and watching the sunrise over the Boardwalk.

In December, we'd stay at Wilderness Lodge, again, concierge courtyard view (do they have that?) do all Christmas stuff, visiting all the resorts to see decorations, the MVMCP, Candlelight Processional dinner package. We'd do the Hoop de Doo, and spend NYE at Epcot (have done this - it's so fun!), see the Osborne lights.....

The next year, we'd go back in the spring, but stay at the Grand Floridian, I don't care where because it all looks beautiful! I would rent one of the cabanas and spend every afternoon there! Definitely hit the spa, and probably do one of those photo sessions.

At Christmas we'd go back to the WL or the Poly - our favorites....

Wow - I guess I'd need to win a really BIG lottery!
    Poly: Mar90, Jul91, Mar95, Dec98, Jul00 (future DH 1st trip!)
    WL: Oct02 (Honeymoon), Dec03, Feb07, Mar09 (DS 1st trip!)
    CSR: Oct05
    BWI: Sep08
    Other trips: Apr94,96 offsite, Aug99 Dolphin, May07 DL

Next:
    Dec09 AKV Kidani

Apr10 Poly (20th WDW "Anniversary")

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: