Quantcast Evening Extra Magic Hours Policy Change Effective 9/7/08: Updated with Report

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh. I can't imagine any benefits to this change.

If they DO decide to check cards at the entrance to every ride, how much of a PAIN that is going to be for those of us who carry our resort ID cards in our wallets, which are carried in purses or backpacks. Major hassle!
    ~ valerie ~

* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Contemporary * Polynesian * Wilderness Lodge * Tree House Villas * Golf Resort/Disney Inn * Fort Wilderness * Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter * Caribbean Beach * Swan * All Star Sports Music Movies * Coronado Springs * Pop Century *

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, they should sell more ticket lanyards because of this!!

No, I don't think that this is a good idea either, but it doesn't look like Disney is worried about having people leave at the beginning of Evening EMH hours.

It won't be long until there are no more EMH evenings. They will be replaced by hard ticket events like P&PP, MNSSHP, MVMCP, etc. Yes, I know that, for right now anyway, these are all in MK. Just wait. The writing is on the wall.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    It won't be long until there are no more EMH evenings. They will be replaced by hard ticket events like P&PP, MNSSHP, MVMCP, etc. Yes, I know that, for right now anyway, these are all in MK. Just wait. The writing is on the wall.
    I think that if they get rid of EMH, they will have to offer something to make staying on property more appealing, besides free parking. Quite honestly, I would pay a few extra bucks to get thinner crowds on an extended ticket. Didn’t they offer something like that in the past, before EMH was free with on property stay?

I am not looking forward to having to take my tickets out for every attraction. The laniard is a great idea, but I prefer the wristbands.
    DVC - BCV
    Last Trip: 09.15
    Next Trip: 05.16

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doodleboy View Post
    I think that if they get rid of EMH, they will have to offer something to make staying on property more appealing, besides free parking. Quite honestly, I would pay a few extra bucks to get thinner crowds on an extended ticket. Didn’t they offer something like that in the past, before EMH was free with on property stay?

I am not looking forward to having to take my tickets out for every attraction. The laniard is a great idea, but I prefer the wristbands.
    The problem is that would be no different than the hard ticketed events. You would still need to either clear out the park at, or prior to, the start time of the "E-Ticket" night or "paid EMH," or find some way to tag those that are there "legally."

If they want to keep the park open, but only let certain people - resort partons - on rides/attractions after a certain hour, then they will need to go back to something like the old coupon books that could be dispersed at the resorts or have wristbands, pins, lanyards, etc. to flag ride/attraction operators that this person is eligible to participate.

The point I was trying to make, but didn't, was that in removing the wristbands and having ride/attraction operators checking KTTW cards, I believe the system will become broken very quickly, providing the impetus to have the EMHs become hard ticket (paid) events available only to resort patrons. In my opinion, this would be just another way to stick their hands even more deeply into the vacationers pockets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    providing the impetus to have the EMHs become hard ticket (paid) events available only to resort patrons.
    This is what I think that it is coming down to, if you want any perks you will have to pay for it.

Sad to say but this is the way that most businesses are going.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: