Quantcast Photopass CD costs

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Photopass CD costs

Hi all!

I was doing some research on Photopass CDs and I see all of the differences between preordering (for $99) and ordering in the parks (for $125).

We just returned from Disneyland and while ordering our photos through photopass, it occured to us, for the photos we wanted to order, we got a similar deal to just purchase the CD. In this instance, the CD was $65 with shipping. While we were in the parks, a Photopass castmember said that the CD was $90 (I believe).

Does anyone know if the cost of ordering the Photopass CD after the fact (i.e. when you get home) is based on the number of photos (we only had around 60 photos) as opposed to just simply purchasing for a flat rate in the parks? I just find it really odd that there was such a difference in cost and wondered how the cost was determined.. not that I'm complaining!

Thanks in advance!
    MickeysGirl aka: Jamie
    Mrs_Nigel_C at your service! :)

And they lived happily ever after....

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure that the cost is $125 whether you have 1 picture put on the CD or 200. That's why I think the $99 prepurchase is such a great deal--you pay ahead of time, and then if it turns out you don't like the pics or didn't get enough, you get a refund. I think you have 2 weeks after viewing your pics (at home) to decide if you want a refund.

Plus, when you KNOW you've already paid for the CD you're more likely to find photopass photographers and ensure lots of pics. That's how it worked for us, anyway.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

This has probably been asked and answered before, but, where do I go to pre-order the CD? Thanks.

Mar. 2006 - Offsite
    Sep. 2008 - Coronado Springs
    Mar. 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    June 2014 - Caribbean Beach/Yacht Club/Offsite
    Sep. 2016 - Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

The PhotoCD costs the same whether you have 1 pic or 1735 pics (like we did... )... likely, the reason for the cost diff between DL and WDW is the fact that (and I have no idea...this is totally just speculation) at DL you only get 2 parks... at WDW you have 4 parks, plus the 2 water parks... so you are getting 3 times the locations to get pictures. I dunno???????

The link for the "pre-arrival savings" is: here.
    Last edited by FlaTinkRAMESAM; 07-23-2008 at 09:41 PM. Reason: add
    Day trips:
    WAAAAAY too many to count...

AKL Mar 7-9 One Year Anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

Another difference between ordering it online and in the parks is what you can do with them. If you order it online you can add the borders, logos, autographs, etc... to the pictures. You end up with even more pictures that way than were actually took once those get added. If you order it in the park you can't do that because they just put the pictures on the CD and give it to you.
    Sept 2005 - All Star Movies
    Sept 2006 - Pop Century!
    Sept 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    Sept 2008 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2008 - All Star Music
    Aug 2009 - Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 - All Star Music
    Aug 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I know that when we came home from WDW in april and figured our trip wouldn't be complete without a trip to DL, the guy taking pics told us that the minute he scanned the WDW photopass with a DL pic that the price would drop down to $70. And it did....then we added our chef mickey's pics and it went back up to $125. I'm thinking DL is cheaper because they don't have as many photographers as WDW.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: