Quantcast First Birthday

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: First Birthday

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Birthday

Our grand daughter turns one on our trip to Disney in Jan. Does anyone have any ideas for making it special without costing a mint?
    There will be two other siblings with her.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Get a first visit and birthday pin for her (and the scrapbook)-- and if she will tolerate the costumed characters...take the time to go to Toontown and get her picture made with Mickey and Minnie...at one theres not too much extra you can do....except take lots of pics for her (and you ) to enjoy in the future. Hope you guys have a great trip.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

I would say that Personalized ears are a must! or do one of the new make you own ears with her name on them. Also if she is ready for it (even if its just a little snip) how about a haircut at the main street barber shop? They make a huge deal out of it with a certificate ect. I would say the pin for sure and there are several restaurants that you can have a birthday cake or dessert done that is not overly expensive. maybe a character meal if she is tolerant of them?

Definetly try to get a front car on the monorail it is a neat view and she can get a "drivers lisence" as can the other kids in the party Maybe send some decorations down in a box a head of time so that you can decorate your room and make it festive I also believe that if you get it noted on the reservation that you can request a card for the bday from mickey and the gang which is signed by them for her.

good luck with whatever you decide. You could also make her a special birthday tshirt - they sell plain t's at Michaels (or wal mart or any craft store in your area) and you can design them on your computer (or have someone do it for you - pm me for details) you can buy iron on transfers at wal mart and make them at home. You could make ones for the other kids too that say something like here to celebrate _____1st Birthday with MIckey and the gang or the princesses and the gang ect.

Hope it works out I am sure she will be

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Red face First Birthday

Thanks so much for the great ideas Where can we find the instruction for the ears you spoke of?

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Photo Pass

Make sure you get a photo pass and get pictures everwhere you go. Then you can come home and relive the memories online and see how great they came out!!
    ¸,ø¤º°`¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,Karen°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸¸,DVC MEMBER
    ¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø"If you believe in Magic, you belong..."¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`° º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø

Post Thanks / Like

I heard they have a special "First Haircut" at Harmony Barborshop in Magic Kingdom...little girls and boys, that might be nice....

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

You can get ears at just about any gift shop in the world, but to get them personalized you have to take them to Le Chapeau in the Magic Kingdom right as you enter the park in town square. That is also where I believe they have the new design your own Mickey hat. They have many different fabrics/colors of the beanie part and different ears as well. They also have stuff that you can add, like jewels, do dads, ect ect ect. I believe that is all extra $$. I think there may have been a thread on here somewhere that had pictures as well. I will see if I can find it.

I don't know how to input the thread, but here is the exact name of it. Just put in a Search for it and it will take you to the other thread. Someone did put a link in one of the posts towards the bottom of the first page of her photos that she took there recently just to give you an idea.
    Le Chapeau Debuts “Create-Your-Own Ear Hat” program

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

GET HER A AUTOGRAPH BOOK SO SHE CAN GET AUTOGRAPHS FROM HER FAVORITE CARACTERS
    1997 All-Star Sports
    2007 All-Star Movies
    2008 Pop Century
    2009 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

We're going - in 62 days!!! - for DS's 1st birthday and I think we're going all out.
    We're going to the MNSSHP as mousketeers (there'll be 7 of us - DH, DS, me, and both sets of grandparents). We're going to the Barber Shop in MK for his first haircut. I've made us all t-shirts from zazzle for his birthday (they each have a different character (yes they have Disney characters) on the front and on the back it says "Today is Dylan's Birthday!!" (his says Today is my 1st birthday). We'll be having lunch (the last day for it) at Garden Grill then doing the Fantasmic! dinner package and seeing it on his actual birthday. I'm also going to take full advantage of photopass and am even going to book the personal photo session with Photopass at the GF. I have also informed out resort that we are celebrating his birthday and the palces we're eating on his actual birthday.

Have fun. And what could be more magical than a 1st birthday at Disney?!
    5/04 - Caribbean Beach
    5/05 - Caribbean Beach
    11/06 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Honeymoon)
    6/07 - Caribbean Beach
    10/08 - SSR (for DS's 1st B-day)

DVC Owners @ AKV as of 4/08
    Next Trip: 6/09 - SWW!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: