Quantcast Fireworks after La Nouba

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fireworks after La Nouba

We have tickets for La Nouba on 3/5/09, the 6pm show. Is is possible to attend La Nouba, go to dinner and see Illuminations or Wishes whichever may be scheduled for that evening)?

We will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside thus will be using Disney transporation.

Shannon in Alaska

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been to LaNouba a couple times... you'll really enjoy it!

As far as getting back to Epcot for Illuminations or MK, in time for Wishes, That will probably be pretty tight for Illuminations and impossible for Wishes. During slower times of year (March) MK closes at 7pm most nights, and La Nouba won't be finished by then. Illuminations is shown around 9-9:30pm, you may have a shot at that, but you still have to deal with Disney Transportation, which is good, but not an express.

You will need to find out EMH and Park hours and Intercot is great with listing those items months in advance, they just listed January 2009 a week or so ago. Once you know exact park times, it will really help you plan your evening.

Have fun!!!
    I love Walt Disney World!!!!! :)
    A Happy Visitor since 1974!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Your best bet for Illuminations would be a bus to Beach Club, then walking through the lobby and to the International Gateway entrance to Epcot.

You might make it if you're lucky about getting a bus and traffic isn't too bad, but it could be close.
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

You should be out of La Nouba by 7:45 or so. I think you have a good shot at viewing a 9:00 Illuminations show. You can grab a bus from DTD after the show and head either to BC/YC or even the Boardwalk Resort. From there, it's a 5-10 minute walk from the bus stop to the International Gateway entrance to EPCOT. You'll enter EPCOT in the World Showcase, which is where you'll want to be for the show. Have fun - both La Nouba and Illuminations are great shows.

Getting back to your resort after Illuminations will be a bit more challenging, but you can work it out - you might just want to brave the crowds and make the long walk to the front of EPCOT to catch a bus.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone for the helpful information. 7 months to wait, but will fill it with planning and dreaming. This trip will be a wonderful break during winter and especially after the cool, rainy summer we're having in Alaska. And any warmth will be appreciated, hoping for 70 degree days.

Shannon

Post Thanks / Like

Shannon- you also mentioned dinner.
    I suggest you plan to eat dinner before LaNouba.
    You will not have time to eat between LaNouba and trying to get to Epcot in time. And the counter service places in Epcot close at 9pm when the fireworks start.
    So- to be safe, have dinner first, then LaNouba and then bus to the Beach Club and walk into Epcot.
    I think you'll make it, but not with much time to spare.

Another plan would be to have an Epcot afternoon/evening. Plan dinner in Epcot around 7pm, then you'll have time to enjoy Illuminations more leisurely.

On the LaNouba day, I'd suggest just hanging around Downtown Disney and dining someplace there after the show. Or even taking the boat from DTD back to POR and dining at Boatwright's.
    I go for the least amount of stress possible!
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: