Quantcast Walking into your resort!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wmsbrg, VA (12 hours & 22 minutes from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Walking into your resort!

When we get off that Disney bus I am so happy!!!
    We walk into the Wilderness Lodge, my mom checks in, I sit in the rocking chairs in front of the huge TV, then we go straight to the gift shop! Every single time! I get chills just thinking about it! I am listening to Disney World music right now, and I have an extreme urge to go to Disney!
    5 weeks, 6 days, 1 hour, and 33 minutes!

'98-Wilderness Lodge
    '99- Wilderness lodge
    '03- Wilderness Lodge
    '05- Wilderness Lodge
    August '08- Wilderness lodge!!!

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers... and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.. whenever candlelights flicker... where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present... practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

But you're going soon! I won't be headed back for a while. I agree, there's nothing like that feeling of finally getting there and knowing all the fun you have ahead of you. I love checking in. Walking up those red pavers, past the old-fashioned car, carriage, and greeters at the GF gets me every time, and then that first glimpse of the lobby... sigh.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I wish I could just go sit and soak up the atmosphere while someone else checked in and handled all the paying.

But still, I know what you mean. Even though I'm in line checking in, I'm still feeling that transformation from outside "real world" to that Disney Magical feeling.

67 days and counting (and I still don't have plan tickets)
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

I love walking into the Boardwalk - there is something so soothing about the decor, the music, and the lighting. Normally I check us in - am told "Welcome Home!" and then if the room is ready we head straight to the room, if it's not ready we usually head straight down to the Boardwalk and to the bakery for some lunch.

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it's a great feeling, full of expectation and excitement. Sort of the opposite of the feeling of walking out of the resort to head home...
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I can completely agree! I am a grown man and I become a little kid when I enter into the hotels in WDW.
    Offero

81, 82, 84, 85, 87, 90 - Disneyland (Off Site)
    83 - Offsite
    95 - Offsite
    00 - Kissimmee
    03 - Pop Music
    06 - Port Orleans/ Cruise

"The crowd which follows me with admiration, would run with the same eagerness were I marching to the Guillotine."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Post Thanks / Like

When we come in the front door of the Coronado the DW and DD make a left at the fountain and head for Panchito's while I make a right and start the checking in process. Somebody's got to do it, but I soak in the vaulted ceiling and the southwestern music as I stand in line waiting for my turn to check in and thinking about the fun to soon come!
    "Believe me, it's the most exciting and challenging assignment we have ever tackled at Walt Disney Productions."
    Walt Disney speaking on the future Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

I love to check us in. I am too excited to even sit down so I might as well. Plus I am the planner of the group. The next time we go we will be a grand gathering which will be even more paperwork involved- but who cares i'll be in Dinsey!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Walking into the resort for the first time makes it concrete that I'm no longer in the "real world." Nothing beats the excitement of knowing that I'm really in WDW but that my whole trip is still ahead of me!

Soarin' to tower: We are ready for takeoff!

1986 - Royal Plaza
    1987 - Disney Inn (Now SOG)
    1990 - CR
    1993 - POFQ
    1994, 1997 - Travelodge (now Best Western LBV)
    2001, 2002 - WL
    2004 - GF
    2007 - POR
    2008 - CSR
    2009 - Pop/Poly
    2010 - VWL
    2011 - Cruise on the Dream

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I don't even get that far!! As we are approaching the resort and I first see the sign...the first thing that comes to mind is that synth-pop song from the 80' 'Pop Music' I change the words in my head to 'Pop Century'

Sick, aren't I????

Post Thanks / Like

I agree....even though I hated staying at POP...I loved walking into the lobby of the resort because I WAS at WDW!!!!!

Now disneycutie....my DH would think you were the luckiest gal alive right now....living in Williamsburg and counting down a trip a to WDW (Williamsburg is his FAVORITE place in the world even in front of WDW if you can believe that). That is truly his dream but with the first granddaughter due in 3 weeks, I don't expect to moving hundreds of miles away any time soon.
    Disney Dream'n
    ~Bev

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First Trip 1977 Fort Wilderness Campground
    Many trips in between!

Typical Disney Home- Wilderness Lodge - OUR NEW HOME AT WDW!!!
    Last Trip Feb 2010 Princess Half Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RocknBev View Post
    I agree....even though I hated staying at POP...
    I've stayed at All-Star Movies, All-Star Sports, All-Star Music, Pop Century, Caribbean Beach Resort, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside, and if I can count it Dixie Landings, and have NEVER hated staying at any of them. I'm always happy to be there.

And as someone else said, I too start getting that feeling as soon as we drive under the Walt Disney World archway. There is a definite "comfort" feeling at that moment.

And then walking through the front doors into the lobby, regardless of which resort it is, just tops it off.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

The best thing about walking into the hotel is the Disney atmosphere. No matter where you stay, you can feel it. I can't wait to see how PORFQ is going to feel. We've never stayed there before.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the feeling of parking and going into the lobby at POR and checking in...I also love every time we come back on the bus...Its that feeling of I am home...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I fell in love when I walked into CBR. It was like really being in the Caribbean. I have to agree that going under the sign for WDW is the start of that "tingly feeling" though.

I love the grounds of the CBR and I thought seriously that every night of our last trip that I would take a stroll around the lake. That is way too funny....I was so exhausted when we returned at 12-1 am that all I could do was crawl in bed and that was even on days we took a mid-day break!
    Grammie

July 1988 Disneyland
    Aug 1997 Dixie Landings
    July 2003 off site
    Dec 2004 Day trip to Epcot
    Nov 21-Dec 1, 2007 CBR
    Nov 18-28, 2009 POP
    Nov 18-26, 2016 POP

Post Thanks / Like

I love parking in front of the resort and walking in as a group. The kids all get so excited, you can just see it all over their faces! Checking in is so much fun! Even the kids enjoy being in the lobby and checking out everything. I was going to send them around the resort w/ DH this time, so I could scoot into the gift shop right after and pick up some items for their welcome baskets, but I don't want them to miss out on the experience of checking in.
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

Im always too flustered at check in to enjoy it. I never get the room request and then worry about the room assignment.
    Moe
    1991 CBR, Honeymoon
    2004 POFQ
    2005 BC & Poly
    2006 Yacht Club
    2007 Yacht Club

2009 Boardwalk Inn
    2010 Boardwalk Inn
    2011 Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moe513 View Post
    Im always too flustered at check in to enjoy it. I never get the room request and then worry about the room assignment.
    Sadly after our last trip I think I am now in your group...had check in difficulties "to the max" at the All-Star Movies...and minor difficulties at the CBR...so on our next trip it might take the moment after check-in to let my guard down and relax.

But to me the very best check-in feelings have come at the AKL and Wl....the lobbies of those places just completely drain away the worries of life outside of Disney. I love to sit in the lobbies and look out the big windows, or by the fireplaces on cool (by Fla standards) winter nights.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

My last 3 visits I've stayed at POR. There's nothing quite like walking up and being greeted by the "bellboys" then walking into that southern-inspired lobby. After checking in, I love being whisked to our room via golf cart though this didn't happen on our last visit. We had DS (then 18mos) with us, and we walked to our room. But that trip was especially magical because I was sharing MY special place with DH and DS for the first time. DS giggled uncontrollably the whole time and when we got to our room, he ran as fast as he could from the sinks to the door, giggling and laughing. It was like he knew he was at the happiest place on earth.
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

The last time we went to Poly, I had the best experience walking into the lobby! We just came from the airport and it took us such a long time because they lost my mom's and my best friend's mom's luggage. Once they told us they would find it and bring it the next morning, we just wanted to go to Poly and get off to the parks.
    When we got in the Poly lobby, my mom and my friend's mom went to check us in and my friend and I were walking through the lobby, checking out the waterfalls (my friend never had been to the Poly so it was nice seeing her reaction!). But then, this little old Polynesian women in a full polynesian outfit (she worked there..) came up to us with a basket full of warm cookies for us to take! It was one of the magical moments!!
    Dec 27- Best of Both Worlds Tour, Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus with Jonas Brothers
    Mar 21- Look Me In The Eyes Tour, Jonas Brothers with Rooney
    Aug 27- Burnin' Up Tour, Jonas Brothers with Demi Lovato, The Veronicas, and BIG ROB!

march 09 SENIOR TRIP

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: