Quantcast Port Orleans French Quarter

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Port Orleans French Quarter

Hello All! We are finally planning our upcoming and much overdue trip for this coming November.
    I have made reservations for all of us to stay at Port Orleans French Quarter and my husband has recently read many not so good reviews (Not on Intercot). He is now having some major reservations with us staying there. Are the bathrooms really that dirty? Does Mousekeeping really slack in the cleaning of the rooms?
    I am in need of some advise from my Intercot friends.
    June 1987 - May 2017
    Upcoming visits - Solo trip November 2017 and daughter's sweet 16 in February 2018 º0º

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We just got back last month and I was just like you.I had read so many negative things on another travel site that I was almost afraid to go.I actually e-mailed Disney and asked them if the French Quarter was really this dirty and I even got a reply saying that if there is ever a problem to please just call the front desk.Well anyhow,put your mind at ease.This was just as clean as any Disney resort we've visited and we've been to a few.It was also one of the most quiet,relaxing and beautiful resorts and it may be our new favorite moderate.We're trying the Coronado Springs this Fall.It's the only mod we haven't stayed at and now I'm also reading some negative along with positive reviews.I think that some people are either hotel snobs or just had a string of real bad luck at some resorts.To me not having WiFi in the rooms isn't an issue,and try to remember that a foodcourt is just that,a foodcourt.
    We really loved the size of this resort.We were used to our old fave the CBR and this place is alot smaller.Maybe it's that we're getting older but I'm starting to think that a smaller resort is better as long as it's themed right and this resort is themed perfectly.The busses ran the best out of all the resorts that we've stayed at and the pool area was really nice.Put your mind at ease.You guys are gonna love this resort!
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

Post Thanks / Like

We're FQ fans!

There were no issues with rooms on either of our trips, although the bathtub was starting to show its age (but it was still clean).

We love FQ...the size is so compact, the pool is great (DD loves the slide). The food court is just fine, nothing overly special, but everything was made fresh and it tasted good.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back a week ago and we absolutely loved POFQ. The size was perfect, no matter which building you are in, you're close to everything. As was previously posted, the tubs are not dirty, just not new. And this is coming from someone who cleans for a living so I know dirt. In fact considering the age of the resort, I was very impressed with the condition of it. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous; we had a waterview room. The whole resort has a romantic feel to it. I liked everything I tried in the foodcourt. DH speaks highly of the meatball sub but my personal favorite was the chicken quesadilla.

I hope all these posts will ease your mind. I used to read reviews of WDW resorts before every trip but I've realized that it makes me look for negative things during my stay that I otherwise would not have noticed. So now I just put my faith in Disney and they have yet to disappoint me.

Have a great trip!!
    Jenn

1974 * 1985 * 1993 * 1997 * 1997 * 2000 * 2002 * 2004 * 2005
    Oct 06 CBR/AKL
    Dec 06 ASM
    Oct 07 POP
    June 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 SSR
    Jan 09 SSR
    May/June 09 BCV/AKV
    Aug 09 AKV
    Oct 09 AKV
    Christmas 09 BLT
    May/June 2011 CBR
    May/June 2012 AKV

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed there twice - Dec 2006 and Aug 2007. We didn't have any mousekeeping issues but I do think the resort is beginning to show some signs of wear. It's probably overdue for a refurb but it was very clean.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

We also love POFQ! It's definitely our fave moderate, and probably our 3rd fave overall. Last trip in 06 we stayed there, and while it was starting to show signs of age, the rooms were definitely clean. I suppose Mousekeeping has bad days, like anyone else, or perhaps the guests with bad reviews had too high of expectations. Who knows. But in our two stays, we never had a problem.

It's a lovely resort, fantastic theming, and perfectly sized. Go, and have a good time

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed there on our last trip and absolutely LOVED IT! Small, quaint, and very easy to get around. We'll be arriving in 18 days and are staying there again. Like any hotel you're bound to get some bad housekeeping from time to time, but I do not tolerate that anywhere and I will not hesitate to call the front desk and get things cleaned they way they need to be. But we had NO issues the last time we stayed there. I will provide a trip report when I return and I'll give honest feedback (good or bad).
    DizneyDoug
    Dolphin-July 2012
    Poly-June 2010
    POFQ-July 2008
    POFQ-May 2006
    ASM-Dec 2004
    Offsite-Dec 2003, Mar 2002
    New Years Eve 1999!!

Post Thanks / Like

When I stayed there I had no issues with Mousekeeping. Rooms were clean and everything was straightened up nicely each day.

I don't think bad Mousekeeping is generally a resort specific problem. I think it tends to be more on the individual housekeeper you have that day. You can have a bad Mousekeeper at any resort. I see people post about these issues at all of the resorts.

Besides, most people only voice their opinion when something is wrong. Think about how many people stay there and you aren't reading about their positive experiences. I am sure the number is far greater.
    Sept 2005 - All Star Movies
    Sept 2006 - Pop Century!
    Sept 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    Sept 2008 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2008 - All Star Music
    Aug 2009 - Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 - All Star Music
    Aug 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    We stayed there twice - Dec 2006 and Aug 2007. We didn't have any mousekeeping issues but I do think the resort is beginning to show some signs of wear. It's probably overdue for a refurb but it was very clean.
    Wasn' t this resort actually totally closed down for a major rehab a few years ago? Is it the rooms or other parts of the resort that need a rehab?
    Sainter
    Oct97 AS Sports/Trop Palms
    Oct00 AS Sports/4 Pts Sheraton
    Oct01 Condo Nov02 POR/Calypso Cay
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Mar09 AS Sports, Sept09 POR
    Mar11 Pop/CSR, Jan12 AS Sports
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKane View Post
    Hello All! We are finally planning our upcoming and much overdue trip for this coming November.
    I have made reservations for all of us to stay at Port Orleans French Quarter and my husband has recently read many not so good reviews (Not on Intercot). He is now having some major reservations with us staying there. Are the bathrooms really that dirty? Does Mousekeeping really slack in the cleaning of the rooms?
    I am in need of some advise from my Intercot friends.
    If your husband looks hard enough, he will find some isolated negative housekeeping reviews of every WDW resort, as well as of every Ritz-Carlton location, every Four Seasons location, and so on.

pogo Guest

Tell hubby to relax. We stayed at POFQ last April and liked it so much we are staying again in December.

Can you see a trend in these replies???? We all return to POFQ, so it's got to be good.

In fact we give it

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

All your posts have made this pain in the butt husband feel better about this resort. I don't know why I was worried it is Disney after all..
    ºoº TOM ºoº

Poly 79, Poly 82, Camp Grounds 87
    OKW 89, GF & CBR 1999 (honeymoon)
    AS Music 00, WL 01
    GF 01, Poly 02, WLV 03
    BWV 03, Contemporary 04
    Port Orleans Riverside Nov 08
    Next trip 11/18 to 11/23 AKL Villas 10 Year Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

My DW and I stayed there for our honeymoon in September 2006 and our first anniversary last year. I have been there before and have always loved POFQ. I could never complain about mousekeeping because they always have done a fabulous job on our rooms (and have had a lot of towel animals/flowers left behind). You really can't go wrong with the FQ. Have a great trip .

BTW, when you are at the food court, say hi to Ethel- she is an awesome cast member and a lot of fun.

Post Thanks / Like

This makes me personally upset... French Quarter is fantastic!! AND there is live jazz in the hotel bar on weekends!!

Somebody on this other site deserves a noogie!!
    Education Instructor - Disney's Animal Kingdom <br /><br />Call (407)WDW-TOUR to book your "Wild by Design" or "Backstage Safari" Education Program at Disney's Animal Kingdom!

Post Thanks / Like

I cant believe that there are bad reviews on POFQ. We stayed there last Oct & LOVED it!!! We have no reservations about staying there again in the future. Go!!! you will love it just as much as we did.
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed there in August 07 for the Free Dining Plan. When we first checked in, there were clothes still left in a drawer (including underwear). In addition, there were empty soda bottles under the bed. We called the front desk - as I was not touching someone else's underwear and they said the old clothes would be removed - they never were. In addition, my DH had called before we got there to arrange for a card and balloons since it was my birthday. As a result, he did not buy me a card. Boy did he feel bad when there was no card on balloons on my birthday. He called the front desk and they said they are not guaranteed to be delivered on a certain day, just any day during your stay. They never did come. The transporation was AWFUL!!! Rent a car if you stay there. We were late for two breakfasts and left 90 minutes for transportation time. This experience was so disheartening we will not be staying on property again. I hope you have a good experience as other posters have had.
    Cast: ME39, DH36, DD 6, DS1
    Oct 04/Oct 05 - offsite at Westgate Vacation Villas
    May 06 - offsite at Westgate
    Aug/Sept 07 - first time on property - POFQ
    Oct 4 - Oct 13 2008 - Westgate Vacation Villas
    Oct 3 - Oct 10 2009 - off site timeshare
    May 1 - May 8 2010-Boardwalk Villas

Post Thanks / Like

i stayed at dixie landings (port orleans now) in 1996, i enjoyed it and room was always clean
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

I saw lots of bad revies for POR after I booked it the first time, and it almost turned me off...but we liked it enough that we're going back! Different resort, I know, but same principle...Seriously, I really wonder what the heck some of these people are used to! Any non-Disney specific travel site tends to have a bunch of negative reviews on any resort. Same with the restaurants - I guess if you are a Swiss trained chef (like my FIL ) and the whole point of a vacation is fabulous food...but then maybe Disney isn't the best vacation choice!) IOh, - but always check the date they were posted, too. I think I know which site you mean, and some of those reviews are OOLLLDDD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by momofdisneyprincess View Post
    We stayed there in August 07 for the Free Dining Plan. When we first checked in, there were clothes still left in a drawer (including underwear). In addition, there were empty soda bottles under the bed. We called the front desk - as I was not touching someone else's underwear and they said the old clothes would be removed - they never were. In addition, my DH had called before we got there to arrange for a card and balloons since it was my birthday. As a result, he did not buy me a card. Boy did he feel bad when there was no card on balloons on my birthday. He called the front desk and they said they are not guaranteed to be delivered on a certain day, just any day during your stay. They never did come. The transporation was AWFUL!!! Rent a car if you stay there. We were late for two breakfasts and left 90 minutes for transportation time. This experience was so disheartening we will not be staying on property again. I hope you have a good experience as other posters have had.
    We never experienced any transportation issues while we were there. This was the first time we ever flew instead of drive so we were completely relying on WDW transportation and never waited more than a few minutes for a bus. The longest wait we had was for the boat to DTD. We got there just as one was leaving and had to wait for the next one. Took about 15 minutes.

POFQ does share a bus route with POR but we always got dropped first before they went to the other resort, which worked out well.
    Jenn

1974 * 1985 * 1993 * 1997 * 1997 * 2000 * 2002 * 2004 * 2005
    Oct 06 CBR/AKL
    Dec 06 ASM
    Oct 07 POP
    June 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 SSR
    Jan 09 SSR
    May/June 09 BCV/AKV
    Aug 09 AKV
    Oct 09 AKV
    Christmas 09 BLT
    May/June 2011 CBR
    May/June 2012 AKV

Post Thanks / Like

So relived to read all the positives. I'll be staying there for the first time next week. After seeing so many pictures of it I can't wait to see it in person! Especially the pool!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: