Quantcast When is the humidity the worst at WDW?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default When is the humidity the worst at WDW?

I am wondering what time of year or which months are the most humid at WDW?
    We went last September and were absolutely miserable from the humidity mixed with the 90 degree temperatures. Most days it was literally 100% humidity!
    We are from Texas, so are used to really hot weather, but it was almost unbearable on our Sept trip!

Trying to plan for upcoming trips and wanted to get an idea of where to avoid for high humidity!!
    Liz
    March 2006-POP!
    September 2007-POP!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

While it is bad during the entire summer, it is at it's worst in the later parts of the summer. August and September can be worse than June. It also spikes right after it rains. I would look at the period from Nov through Apr to find the least humidity
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

The humidity starts on or about January 1 and ends on or about December 31 each year!!

Obviously I am exaggerating just a bit but really they do have a long humid period in central Florida. I know the previous poster said November through April and that is probably about as accurate of a time frame as anyone can give but I would also caution you that even during those months you can get unexpected spikes in temps and humidity. This is especially likely in the early parts of November and that latter parts of April.

Post Thanks / Like

It is only bad on the days that end in the letter "Y."

August is pretty rough. You can plan on sweating doing absolutely nothing.
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing" WED

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know when the WORST is, but I am from the deep south, and last October was UNBEARABLE. As soon as I stepped out of my room, my makeup started sliding off! UGH. I LOVE Halloween and wanted to go to MNSSHP, and although the parade was wonderful, it was really hard to enjoy it, EVEN at night, because the humidity was OFF THE CHARTS. Literally, wet sweaty clothes for the whole family.
    Poly Nov 2003
    Pop, Poly Nov 2004
    Poly Dec 2004
    CBR, Poly Feb 2006
    Poly Nov 2006
    ASM, FQ, Poly Dec 2006
    BC, CBR, Poly, CSR Oct 2007
    AKL, YC, Poly Nov 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to agree with the above posts. We went 2 years ago in Dec. My hair was perfectly curled getting off the plane and walking thru the airport until the second I walked out side to take DME to resort. I wish I would have had a video of it going straight, it would have been good for a laugh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    The humidity starts on or about January 1 and ends on or about December 31 each year!!
    You said it all!!

Like disneymom15 said, my hair was horrible!! I usually straighten it (I have a bob style), and it looked good in the hotel room, but WHOA when I left the hotel, it was a NIGHTMARE! I wore it up all week!

We had scheduled for family portraits @ SSR, and because of the humidity and bad hair, I actually cancelled the appt, knowing fully well that I would not want a nice, professional portrait taken of our family with humid hair
    Karen

DVC Owners at SSR & BLT
    1994-Offsite Honeymoon
    2003-May ASM-1st Time for Kids
    2005-Feb AKL
    2006-May SSR
    2006-Aug OKW
    2007-May VWL
    2007-Aug SSR
    2008- May BWV
    2009- Aug Cruise (Wonder) & WDW
    2009 -Dec Last minute Christmas trip
    2010-May BLT

2011- Aug- DISNEY DREAM!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

gah! and here i was all excited about free dining in sept!
    1/07 - POP : 1/08 - POR : 9/08 - POFQ :3/09 - POFQ : 1/10 - POFQ : 9/10 - BWV First Trip Home! : 12/10 - SSR : 1/11 - THV!!

Post Thanks / Like

I just read some of the other responses and just wanted to point out that it is possible to have a spell of GREAT weather in August with low temps and low humidity and it is also possible to have an incredibly hot and humid spell in January. So the bottom line is that you should just be prepared for anything to happen and make sure you check the government weather site a couple of days before you leave to get an idea of what to expect while you are there.

Oh, and there are plenty of places to cool off if you really need to like the Hall of Presidents or any of the Circle Vision films at Epcot!!

Post Thanks / Like

In general, dew points are at their highest (relative humidity is a worthless term) mid-June through September, though you can certainly have days which are humid earlier and later. If a front is approaching and drawing a lot of moisture out of the Gulf or Caribbean you can have a muggy day or two in December, they just aren't as common.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    In general, dew points are at their highest (relative humidity is a worthless term)
    Well maybe not worthless. Since, RH is (actual vapor pressure/saturation vapor pressure) * 100 and actual vapor pressure can be derived knowing the dewpoint and saturation from air temp, dewpoint is closely related to RH.

Back from meterology school now, too technical that, but to answer the OP unless you are from the South, its is likely to feel more humid to you in Florida than at home at any point during the year. The gulf coast is generally more humid than any other area.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

we've found the weather in mid january thru february to be pleasant. the problem then is that it can get chilly and you'll need a sweatshirt or jacket to stay warm at night.

Post Thanks / Like

We went in September twice, and both times I saw my hair do things I didn't know hair could do. It was horrible. It was like I had a halo around a brillo pad. No joke. There was no amount of hair product that could tame the beast on my head.
    Now I'm going in August this year. I normally wear my hair smooth and blown out. I dread the new zip code that will be growing on my head once we arrive. I'm going to a meet too! I hope I don't scare them all off!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

We've been in WDW in March, April, May, August and September. We have been going in August the last few years (and are going this year too) and have been really, really lucky with the weather- comparable to the spring months. Hot - yes but not too humid. We have been going the second week in August and I think in two years we only saw two brief thunderstorms and then blue skies again. September, however, was nearly unbearable had we not been having so much fun. It would be warm and humid at 7:00 AM when we left for the parks - the humidity would build and by early afternoon it would POUR rain but would do nothing to the humidity. If anything, it would be more humid.
    March/April 1999- Dixie Landings
    September 2005- POR
    August 2006- ASMo
    August 2007- CBR
    August 2008- ASMu
    August 2009- ASMu/CBR
    December 2009- Y/B Club
    August 2010- ASMu
    August 2011- AKL
    August 2012- CSR/CBR
    July 2014- GF
    August 2015- CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    Well maybe not worthless. Since, RH is (actual vapor pressure/saturation vapor pressure) * 100 and actual vapor pressure can be derived knowing the dewpoint and saturation from air temp, dewpoint is closely related to RH.
    The reason I say RH is worthless is because it really doesn't tell you much. Warm air holds much more moisture than cooler air so a RH of 95% in FL is MUCH more humid feeling than 95% in Canada, thus the reason I prefer to use dew point as the measure of the amount of moisture (or humidity) in the air. The RH also varies during the day in WDW. Since its cooler in the morning and evening, the RH might be 100% while during the heat of the day it's "only" 80% but still feels miserable.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Most days in Florida from mid June til late September or early October are carbon copies, highs around 91, lows of 75 and generally lots of humidity. Sure you can catch a lucky week here or there, but if you want to avoid the humidity book your trip from November through April.

However, it's all relative. I spent three years in Miami before being up near Orlando and I can tell you that Orlando felt like a dry heat even in August and September compared with south Florida.

Post Thanks / Like

We went in Sept for the free dining a few years back and I didn't think it was too bad. While it was humid, the temperatures were not as bad as they are in July mixed with that humidity. However we always go in the Summer now, and well lets face it, it is always hot and humid in those months, we just accept it and enjoy ourselves.

Now we have been in November (early) and it was absolutely beautiful. Needed a sweatshirt in the evenings but the daytime was great!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    º0º Monica º0º

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I grew up in Fl, have lived in GA 12 years and I would say absolutely July and August in both states. I stay indoors unless we are swimming. However, like everyone has said, if you aren't from these parts, even other parts of the year will get to you, but July and Aug. are the worst, if you want a bottom line answer.
    My favorite time of year in Florida and the South in general would be April, May, June, October, November.

I had to travel to TX in Summer once for a company I rep'd for and found your heat not humid, but like opening an oven door, I would rather have the humidity than that heat, but I wasn't used to it.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: