Quantcast 1900 PF dinner character interaction??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1900 PF dinner character interaction??

If you've been to this character dinner, please tell me how the characters are...going in July for my daughter's birthday and want the details...Thanks!
    Frequent WDW visitor since 1976!
    Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age.And dreams are forever.....

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Last time I was there, in August 2006, Aurora was outside the restaurant hanging out, signing autographs and posing for pictures. When we were inside for dinner Cinderella, Prince Charming, Suzie and Perla were there. Each character came to each table one time.

I did notice that the characters lingered at tables with children longer, my table was just me and my boyfriend. They only stood for pictures and then left, there was not as much interaction as seeing the princesses at the park. I'm sure if it is your daughter's birthday they will make a special point to make it special for your daughter.

Also, while we were at the buffet Cinderella came by our table so we missed her, but they must have people watching because she came back around to our table and said sorry for missing us.
    *~*Melissa*~*

"A dream is a wish your heart makes"
    May 2005 - Off Site
    August 2006 - AS Sports
    September 2008 - Contemporary - CL

May 2010 - Beach Club - CL!!!
    December 2010- Disneyland! (frist trip)

Post Thanks / Like

1900 Park Fare is my favorite of the major character buffets in the Magic Kingdom area, including The Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's. It's loud and boisterous but somehow a little calmer than the other two. I had better character interaction there than any other meal besides Liberty Tree Tavern.

Definitely tell everyone it is your daughter's birthday. The princesses will definitely make a fuss for her.

The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

We were there last Sept. DD5 was absolutely taken with Prince Charming, I think he came to the table 2 or 3 times during the meal, and she was all starry-eyed LOL

Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters were true to character. The stepsisters were the most fun of the bunch.

Cindy was OK, she had by far the least amount of personality in the group.

Jared's right, be sure and mention DD's bday! I'm sure she'll love it!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

We (my DD, 2DGDs & myself) were there 4/07 and had a wonderful time. As mentioned before, Cinderella, Prince Charming (and he was oh, so charming), Fairy Godmother, evil stepsisters were all there with great character interaction. The buffet is also one of our favorites. We are going again in Oct. and will be celebrating my niece's 6th birthday there. When you make your ADRs be sure you tell them about the birthday!

I don't think you will be disappointed. Have fun!
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Post Thanks / Like

We have been twice and the kids loved it. The stepsisters were hilarious and as others have posted Price Charming was great with my kids. I don't know if I would say the food was fantastic but acceptable. I also know opinions of dining widely from person to person so you may love the food. The charcters were fantastic and if that is what you are after then go for it.
    POFQ Jan 2011
    Saratoga Springs May 2010
    POFQ May 2009 and Sept 2009
    POFQ Aug 2008
    POFQ Sept. and March 2007
    POFQ March 2006
    POFQ March 2005 POR July 2005
    POR Dec 2005
    CS August 2004
    Contemporary & POR May/June 2003
    CB May 2002
    OKW 2001
    Disney villas 2000

Post Thanks / Like

We really like this meal. The charcters interact very well with you as well as with others. We saw Cinderella and Anastasia discussing each other's hair and how nice their dresses were and then of course Lady Tremaine had to come over and break it up. It was a lot of fun and we highly recommend it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

We've dined there through several character changes, and every time we've had great character interaction.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

I wrote about it on my homepage under my 2007 trip report - probably one of the best character experiences we've had.

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

I am eating there in July too!! I can't wait!
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

We were just there in March 07. The character interaction was the best. We weren't crazy about the food on the buffet because we prefer the All American type foods. We did this because my daughter is crazy about Cinderella but we won't do this one again for the price. I guess it's all about food preference.
    Missouri Nurse
    Me (Kim), DH (Kenny), DS (Charlie)
    DD (Kimbra) DD Kaitlyn

March 2008 offsite-First trip Me and Kids
    March 2009 POR First Family Vacation

Post Thanks / Like

We were there a couple weeks ago and had a great time. Cinderella, Prince, Step Mother and Step sisters were the characters. Cinderella wasn't all that fabulous. She didn't really talk all that much to my daughter, basically just asked if she wanted to take a picture. She did not "act" like Cinderella to me. The step sisters and stepmother were hilarious though! Anastasia spent quite a bit of time with us and even did a fun group dance with a bunch of little girls. The step mother was probably my favorite. My daughter had a great time and it was certainly worth it.

Gottaluvgoof Guest

We were there a couple years ago, and honestly, Cinderella was pitiful. She really turned us sour on 1900 Park Fare. We haven't been back since, but decided we are going to try it again on our next trip, September 2008. I sure hope they found a better Cindy.

Post Thanks / Like

Love, love, love 1900 PF!

This was one of our favs last visit. The stepsisters and Lady Tremaine were great. Cindy was beautiful as always. DD's fav was Prince Charming - it was our whole reason for eating here.

DD's shoe fell off under the table when she was talking to Prince Charming...he told her he had practice putting on princesses shoes and bent down and put it back on her foot....priceless!
    Susan

First visit - January 1972 Polynesian "Village" Resort (I was 5)
    Visits (1972 - 2007) - 18 all to Poly/WL/BCV/POR

Next Up: Nov 09 Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

We went Jan. 08. It was great. The food and the characters were the best. Cinderella was very nice to all of us and talked to my daughter for a while. The step sisters and step mother were very funny. Tell them about the B-day. In 07 we went for my DD 5 birthday and they gave her a cupcake and a crown. You might want to tell them when you make the res. or before.
    Walt will always be my HERO.

1973 - 1999 Disneyland twice a month
    2003 June offsite WDW
    2004 & 2006 Dec. AK
    2007 Feb. PP Disneyland
    2008 Jan. All Star Movies
    2009 Jun. DLH Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

We were just there a few days ago. Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia and Druzilla were all there. We had a stuffed Mickey on the table and one of the sisters picked it up and yelled all the way across the room and then ran to her mother that she had a rodent. She was carrying Mickey by the ear. She was all grossed out. Couldn't figure out why we would have a rodent as a pet. They were all really great, talking and laughing, posing and playing. It was a blast!!

Oh, and the food was great too!!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: