Quantcast AAA or Not?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: AAA or Not?

Post Thanks / Like

Default AAA or Not?

I was chatting with a CM at Epcot last week about crowds and vacation deals etc. and he told me to check out AAA because they were authorized to give deals for disney trips. Does anyone use AAA for this and is it worth it?
    Keep Moving Forward

First Trip: March '07
    Second Trip: May '08
    Third Trip: Hopefully Soon!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I used AAA when booking my last trip and for 2 adults 1child at a Mod resort they saved me about $250 from the Disney quoted price. You should also check into Magical Journeys. I haven't used them myself, but others on these boards rave about the savings and service.

Good Luck!
    Past Disney Trips
    multiple times as a child all off site.
    CBR x2 as a teenager
    2004 Sept. -offsite first trip with DH and DD
    2006 May- POFQ -Grand Gatherings with the whole fam.
    2007 Dec- POFQ -with the inlaws
    2008 Dec -CSR
    2009 Sept- OKW
    2010 CSR

Post Thanks / Like

We have used AAA this past year and we saved about 200.00 on our room...There are so many savings that AAA offers for Disney...
    You get vouchers for water craft rentals, vouchers for DtD restaurants, a Diamond card that you can use at DtD stores...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

The AAA package is great for when Disney is not offering a public discount. When Disney is offering a public discount it is usually better than AAA. You can also check out the AAA room only discount. You can get that through Magical Journeys as well. They can't do the package, but can do the room only. Also, getting a Disney Visa will get you similar discounts/savings as AAA. It really depends on when you're going as to whether they are worth it or not.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

We are going the week of Thanksgiving - when I doubt there would be any special offers - and are saving about $250 on the package. We are getting 2 rooms at ASM and the dinner package for a family of 5. Every bit helps!
    Goofys Girl

Several Trips as a Child
    Honeymoon in 1994 at Contemporary
    2 trips w/DH, DD & DS
    Thanksgiving 2008 with whole family - 13 of us!
    June 6 - 11 2010 off-site with DH & our 3 kids
    Next Trip - ?????

Post Thanks / Like

I've used them to book my last three trips and every time I've gotten great deals. I think they're saving me about $350 - 400 on my upcoming trip. On avg they will usually be able to save you at least 10% on the package price sometimes more depending on when you're going, plus you get some extra goodies as a PP mentioned.
    Kristina
    "A dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark in me and you" - Figment & Dreamfinder

Oct 2017 WL
    Oct 2014 WL
    May 2013 WL (DS 1st Trip) - Club Level
    Sep 2010 WL
    May 09 WL
    Oct 08 Poly
    Jun 07 WL (Disneymoon)
    Jul 04 WL
    Apr 2000 GF
    1982-1999 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

There are 2 ways to get an AAA discount.

If you book a room-only reservation, then you can book through whomever you want.

If you book a package, then you must book through AAA itself to get the AAA discount.

It's also important to realize that the AAA discount is not a sure thing. It's not like redeeming a coupon. DIsney only allows the AAA discount when room occupancy is below a certain level. Once room occupancy (for each type of room at each resort for each date) reaches that super secret percentage, the AAA discount is no longer available no matter how you try to book it. DIsney figures that if rooms are selling well enough, then they no longer need to offer discounts to rent more of them out.

Post Thanks / Like

We use AAA frequently when we book room only. This Oct./Nov. 2008 we will save approximately 15% ($25) per night at POFQ. We'll then monitor to see if public/general discounts or AP discounts are any better.

Post Thanks / Like

we used AAA to set up our January 2008 trip

I walked into our local AAA office on a Saturday last November , 30 minutes later I walked out with everything taken care of

All the neccesary docs arrived in the mail afew weeks later and we drove down in January and verything was set up lkie they said it would be

no muss no fuss

we will use AAA again this Fall to set up our next trip to The Mouse

Price seemed very reasonable

I was expecting to spend over $1500 for the two of us and it was under $900
    We are Siamese if you please

Contemporary Hotel Nov 1971
    Fort Wilderness 1974 & 75 (Ithink)
    Senior Trip 1983 off site
    Polynesian 1990
    Grand Floridian 1991
    All-Star Music 2008
    Port Orleans French Quarter Feb '09
    Magic Kingdom 2/17/12

Post Thanks / Like

Other than first trip (booked through WDW site), we've used AAA. We've always had a great experience, and find that we're able to save quite a bit of money. I know we saved at least $300 toward this trip.
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

Our first trip we used Magical Journeys and originally booked a room only AAA discount. Magically later i got an email from Melissa telling me my rate was even lower. If not doing a AAA package there is no reason not to have MJ do the work for you that way you are assured of getting the best rate possible.
    "Everybody wants to be a Cat"

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, First time poster so I hope this is at the right spot.

Based on the preceding posts, am I correct to assume that if my family is planning a trip May 09 and we want the DDP that a AAA package is probably the cheapest option?

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psugoofy View Post
    Hello, First time poster so I hope this is at the right spot.

Based on the preceding posts, am I correct to assume that if my family is planning a trip May 09 and we want the DDP that a AAA package is probably the cheapest option?
    Not necessarily. You may find that Disney releases a public discount for that time frame that would be less expensive than the AAA package.

In mid-February this year Disney started releasing discounts for the April/May travel periods - you can do a little research here on Intercot to determine what these discounts are/were. then you can determine if you could get a better rate through a AAA package.

SFTrny Guest

We booked our trip directly with Disney and asked for the AAA discount. It was just as good as booking a package through AAA. I don't think you have to book through AAA to get the AAA discount.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SFTrny View Post
    I don't think you have to book through AAA to get the AAA discount.
    Please see below:
    Quote Originally Posted by Me, in post #7 (above)
    There are 2 ways to get an AAA discount.

If you book a room-only reservation, then you can book through whomever you want.

If you book a package, then you must book through AAA itself to get the AAA discount.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: