Quantcast Our 1st time & Only Trip to WDW - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so I have been reading this since Tuesday, every chance I get a quick break at work...kinda been slacking off in order to read everything lol. And this is where it stops :-( lol. I absolutely love this story; It is amazing, I cant even be sure how to explain the emotions I feel when I read this. I have been having a very emotionally stressful week. Thank god that stress is now over. And I have been reading this story and it almosts feels as though it took my mind off the stresses and into a story (like when I read my books lol) and I could picture everything taking place. I am fortunate enough to have been able to recently purchase some DVC prop @ SSR this month w/ my DBF, we are going in January. We go every year. And I have to say we take advantage of the fact that we have the capability (after all year we save money every week) to go. I love to hear you experiences there and the true meaning of Disney Magic.
    Congratulations on going and hope to see you there soon. Some day, in the next few years me and the DBF plan on moving to florida and working in the theme parks. And I can be Cinderella
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Snow White is the best isn't she.... glad you got meet her!!

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank You

Thanks for bringing a smile at the end of a crazy stressful week. I hope you and your wife have a wonderful trip. My partner and I are going to WDW for 7 days this August (about 100 days away). We've been together for almost 12 years, and this is our 1st big vacation together. So, I know how exciting you are. The countdown clock is on my work computer and home computer, slowly ticking the time away. Have lots of fun on your trip!
    August 2009- Port Orleans French Quarter for 7 Magical days!

August 2008- Port Orleans French Quarter for 7 fantastic days!

May 1996 (Memorial Day Weekend) Only 1 day, but visited all 3 parks!

One of the world's biggest Donald Duck fans!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also one of those who somehow missed this post until today. I've read all of them at one time and have to say this is the best trip report I've ever read. What a wonderful experience to visit for the first time, and have so many great memories. I know nothing makes me happier then taking someone to Disneyland or Walt Disney World who have never been there, and seeing the parks for the first time again with them. Reading all of your post reminds me of my first visit. Thanks for sharing this great trip with us.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Waking Tinkerbell revisited....

The morning of the 2nd started with another wake up call from Mickey (Bless his little mousey heart...). Now, I have learned early on during our "honeymoon" that coffee in the morning is a wonderful thing to help get the pixie dust flowing and the memories of the prior days events flooding back into my mind. (...Not to mention helping me lose that grumpy disposition toward THAT GUY who planned nothing but early breakfast sittings). Today's breakfast of choice was found in Cinderella's Castle with a very nice waiter (...and a table by one of the windows so we could see all the rides of the park.) The waiter's jovial personality was as fresh and delightful as the food. Karen and I really enjoyed the stuffed french toast and fresh fruit (even now in the background she is naming everything from the meal and saying that she would eat there again...hmm...perhaps I detect a seed planted to be culivated for a return trip) Right after we had our picture taken together with Cinderella and before being seated at our table we were able to get another plastic sword and wand for decorations on the wall back home and gifts to the kids.(Sweet!!!) I let the cat out of the bag when talking to the waiter that I wanted to try to wake up Tinkerbell (being a Lost Boy and all). I was just to tired and sore the previous days to try to be the first one to Tinkerbell's Treasures ...and probably too far away since we ate at the Crystal Palace. The waiter suggested after all the Princesses had come by the table to go down early and "scope" out how to get from point A to point B in such a way as to be first in the store and achieve the ultimate goal of all Lost Boys which is naturally waking up Tinkerbell so she could power all the rides with her pixie dust (...well,...I just added in the part about pixie dust powering the rides, but hey....how else do they do it!?!) So after the joy of meeting with some beautiful princesses like Aurora, Belle, and Jasmine, oh yeah, *sigh* Snow White was there too... I took his advice and let Karen handle the "damages" with the waiter while I went to figure out what to do. The hostess of Cinderella's Royal Table pointed out to me what door to go through at Tinkerbells Treasures when they drop the rope to open the park so with a firm upper lip (and a lump in my throat) I lined up at the rope. I could see the path in my mind that I wanted to take and was very hopeful until three things happened. First I overheard other people (Dad's and Mother's with their children) who wanted to try it, then a cast member came over to a little girl and asked if she would like to wake up tinkerbell and then told her how to do it, and finally all the strollers were moved out of the way to give more of an opening for the guests entering the park. This was not going to be easy. I struck up a conversation with two dads waiting with their little girls who wanted to wake up Tink. One guy and his daughter just missed waking her up by one person...great I thought, someone who's really determined As I was speaking to them a light bulb went off over my head (two heads, or in this case, three heads ...are better then one I thought). They thought so too so we decided to yell "WE" want to wake up Tinkerbell, not Just "I" want to wake up Tinkerbell. That way if one of us got there first we would share in the waking. Well, by that time the Mickey watch I had on was telling me any second now the rope would be coming down. In the twinkling of an eye and the flutter of pixie dust, the rope came down. Keeping with our alliance I made it to the door first (by walking fast and not running) and began yelling as loud as I could "We want to wake up Tinkerbell". I kept it up and made sure the ladys working heard me and those in the alliance made it over to Tinks treasure chest box where she lives. Saddly ...with all alliances, there always seems to be one person who wants to throw the others under a buss. One of the Dads quickly said that the Cast member outside told a "little girl" she could wake up tinkerbelll. (Leaving out the part that the little girl was his child) I countered quickly with "But we three decided to ban together and wake her up as a team". So the two little girls and one 44 year old man child, the girls hold wands and taping Tink's home and I reaching my arm out pointing at it said "Wake up Tinkerbell"....but nothing happened, until that is the Cast Member said "Tink... come on... it's time to wake up." At that there was a flash of light from Tink's home and the sound of pixie dust falling as Tink flew from her home, went to a box on the wall and continued to a desk in the corner. The girls lined up for their certificates for waking Tink and I sheepishly ask if I could have one too. The head Cast Member said "Are you sure you were yelling? When you came in we didn't hear you." I started to plead my case saying I was the one yelling and then I realized she was teasing me... and she graciously gave me a certificate too...and said "Yes my dear, you may have one too" Then she showed me where Tink flys to in the store and we all looked into the key hole of the desk and watched Tink light up with a flash...This magic moment and meeting Peter Pan with always be my "happy Thought" when it comes to remembering how to fly....with alittle help from faith, and trust...oh yeah, and alittle pixie dust.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

You are killing me here!!!!!!! You have me sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for posts!! I don't know what I am going to do when your trip report is finished!! I am so glad you and Princess Karen had such an incredible vacation!!! Sounds like someone may be real receptive to you planning another trip!! Thanks again for sharing your trip!!!!!
    Mary Ellen

WDW

Oct1992 OKW
    Sept2007 OKW
    Sept17-23 2008 OKW
    Sept15-22 2009 OKW
    Jan13-17 2010 POP, OKW
    Sept16-25 2010 OKW
    Jan16-19 2011 SSR
    Jan13-19 2013 OKW
    Jan20-26 2014 SSR
    Dec05-16 2014 SSR
    Sept12-18 2015 SSR
    June7-12 2016 OKW
    Upcoming
    Sept8-13 2016 OKW
    Jan2017

Post Thanks / Like

So glad you three kids got to wake Tink...but
    HERE is the part that really got my attention...

(even now in the background she is naming everything from the meal and saying that she would eat there again...hmm...perhaps I detect a seed planted to be culivated for a return trip)
    We've been tellin' ya...you're hooked, matie.
    Start saving and we'll see ya in the world!

Post Thanks / Like

Default To Infinity and Beyond...and Our Pal Stitch

Shortly after waking Tinkerbell, Karen joined me at Tinkerbell's Treasures where we found a cheap snowglobe of Tinkerbell sitting on top of a perfume spray bottle. We both liked it so much that we thought we'd give it a new home in good old Greene, Iowa. Since we hadn't even scratched the surface of Tommorrow Land yet we made it our mission to begin there to do rides. We had a "blast" (literally) in Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. To my surprise Karen liked this ride very much (although she didn't even COME CLOSE to my score...don't ask me how I did it, I just pointed at target thingys and shot). When we saw how intently we were both concentrating on aiming in the picture they take of you on the ride we just HAD to buy it (can anyone say matching frame...To Infinity and Beyond!!!) Karen knew I wanted to try to do all the rides (well...all the ones we could fit in) so she told me that she didn't mind waiting while I rode Space Mountain. Yeah for me!!! This is one ride I remember doing when my Mom and I went to Disneyland as a kid, and it did bring back some nice memories of that day together. As I rode the ride I was reminded that my body isn't as flexible as it once was so I was kinda hoping this ride would loosen up my bones and make me more limber (it worked too...except for the loosening up my bones and making me more limber part). As I was a was getting off the ride (...more of a stumbling really) and was walking (...more of a staggering really) away from the ride I distinctly heard someone yelling "Sir!, Sir!!,.. Excuse me, Sir!". My first thought was, is he yelling at me and if so what did I do wrong? Maybe I looked so stiff getting off the ride that he thought my bones we're already half dust and needed help as I staggered to the exit. So anyway...I slowly turn around and this guy runs over to me and says "You're my winner!" and hands me a Year of a Million Dreams FastPass Lanyard for the Magic Kingdom. Not only did I put it on right away but the stiffness in my body melted away to be replaced by the wonderment of joy as I ran to show Karen what I just won. She told me that we would have to try to make good use of the fastpass the rest of the day (YES!!!! He shoots he scores...) We knew who Stitch was but neither of us have ever seen the movie "Lilo & Stitch" so as we did the ride Stitch is in it peaked our interest enough to buy the movie when we got back to Iowa. During the ride Stitch kinda grew on us. well, ...up until he burped and spit on us (naughty little imp...come to think of it, he reminds me of my children...uh, I mean in a good kind of "burping and spitting" way)

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your Fastpass win!!!
    I really enjoyed your tale of waking Tink. That is something I would love my girls to experience!

'90~Grosvner Hotel
    '94~Shades of Green
    '03~Off property
    '05~Off property
    '06~youth trip off property
    '06~All Star Movie Resort

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever."
    ~ Tinkerbell

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so if I'm reading correctly, you're on day 3 and have had more magic than many families have had on their entire trip. It kills my DH every time I read your new entry, because the whole time I'm sitting here saying to myself, "No way!!!" "You've got to be kidding," "Uhhhhh!!!" and then I take a long and much needed breath. It's like the Disney version of a Harlequin Romance.

So my question to you is this, when is your next trip? Karen seems to be carefully cultivating, the seed many of us plant in the all important travel section of our significant others brain when we begin our departures home from Disney.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

There is sure to be another trip in your future

Great on the fastpasses too!!!!

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finishing the Magic Kingdom....Epcot here we come!

By now this far into our trip report I feel I should pause and state that of which I know to be true. For this trip, I was only wishing that we would have a good time and that I would be able to pull off the glass slipper for my wife's birthday dinner. But right from the start this vacation became everything I hoped for and much, much more. I'm not so sure that had we been able to stay in Cinderella's Suite it would have made it any more magical for us. All the months of learning about Disney World and planning out as much details as I could really paid off in the end.....and I am fully aware of how blessed we were in having so many "magical moments" come our way. More than a few times people who have been to Disney World alot in their lives told us that they had never been as lucky as we had been on our 1st trip.....Now then, where'd we leave off on our trip report? Ah yes, ...Tomorrow Land rides. We had by now been able to ride most rides in the Magic Kingdom and we still had the Pirate and Princess Party on the 4th, so we decided to finish whatever rides we wanted to then. Instead we would shop and Meet Ariel in her grotto. I always thought it would be cool to ride Dumbo in the nice warm sunshine of the day so we decided to cash in one of the special fastpasses we got during Karen's Birthday Dinner (The yellow ones that look like dollars). We had time before we went to lunch in Cinderella's castle so we walked to the line for the ride and it was really long. I found a Cast Member working there and gave him our fastpass and just as promised on the fastpass we were taking to the front of the line. The cast member was even gracious enough to take our picture in Dumbo for the photopass book I was going to make. We slowly made our way to the castle for lunch and we both were so happy with Major Domo's Pie that we told the waiter to please give our regards to the Chef and so right after she left she came back with the Chef so that we could tell him ourselves. He was very appreciative and told us he would pass the word to the people in the kitchen. This was one of two meals that got the highest honors of our trip. What amazed us most about Disney World was how good the quality of everything was. As a big fan of good cotton candy I could not believe how much flavor there was in the strawberry cotton candy I got one night.(...don't even get me started on the Mickey Mouse Chocolate bars...) When lunch was done we got in line to see the Little Mermaid at her grotto and when it was our turn to see her I thought I would be tongue tied because "Holy Moley" was she beautiful. She had the sweetest personality next to Snow White (please don't tell Snow White I said that) and was very kind and caring. On the inside I know I was blushing but thankfully you couldn't tell it in the pictures. Well, I could easily move into the Magic Kingdom (I'm thinkin' right between Minnie and Mickey's house) but it was time to start doing some other parks. So Karen and I headed for our resort home to drop off "stuff", check the bathroom for snakes in the pipes, (one can't be too careful you know.), and get ready for our first taste of Epcot...

Post Thanks / Like

I've been waiting to get to the end of your story to post, but I just had to chime in with WOW! Your trip is amazing and you haven't even left MK yet!! I am so happy for you both. Thanks for writing such an entertaining report. The nice thing about WDW is that even without the extra magic moments it is still very magical!
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!
    As someone else mentioned this is a Disney Harlequin Romance. If you are not a writer, then you should be.
    So glad that you had such a wonderful trip. We are going for our 20th Anniversary (7 May) and if my trip is 1/10th as magical as yours I will be ecstatic! Can't wait until the next 'Chapter'. Hope that you plan on posting some photos for us to enjoy.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

As I rode the ride I was reminded that my body isn't as flexible as it once was so I was kinda hoping this ride would loosen up my bones and make me more limber (it worked too...except for the loosening up my bones and making me more limber part).
    As I read this, I busted out laghing, right in the middle of study hall. All the students looked at me , but that's okay. It made my day.
    BandMan

"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public."
    -Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I remember when you first posted your story. I'm so happy to read that you are living your dream right now!!!!

It's wonderful to hear of delightful news when I've just been surrounded by months of really bad/sad news. Thank you so much for sharing this experience with us - a bunch of strangers out here in the cyberworld.

I'm sending you happy thoughts and hopes for more magic!!!
    GF, Poly, Contemporary, Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

This is such a great report & I love reading it. Both dh & my birthday are during our trip this year. I'm torn about telling dh about everything you did cause he might expect everything for his birthday . Of course so would I.

Glad you had so much fun. I hope our trip is 1/2 as magical as yours. It will be our younger 2 first trip. Our older 1 3rd trip but the 1st one she will really remember.
    Just got back. Unless we win the lottery or some long lost rich relative leaves me a bunch of money we won't be back for 5 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Default To Epcot for a Late Dinner...

Sorry about the delay in posting further information on our vacation but now that I'm back to work I have been trying to get in the "groove" of things. I certainly have wanted to get back to this trip report though because at the end of some of my work days it has felt like it truly is a dog eat dog world and I've been the one wearing the pants with a seat made out of Milk Bones...How great it is to close my eyes, remember our vacation, and gain some pixie dust in the process. So pixie dust here I come... Upon arriving at Epcot we met up with the Photopass people and had some nice pictures taken with the "shrubbery" in the shape of the characters. It seems we came to Epcot during their famous Flower and Garden Festival so we had a blast looking at all the characters made out of...some type of "organic" material dealing with grass/flowers/plants... Sadly I don't have a green thumb (though from time to time I have been green with envy...) so I really don't have an understanding about how to make "planty" things grow. Somewhere along the way sadly, I have become a professional assassin of sorts when it comes to plant care. Having said that, I don't understand Opera either, but I know what I like (...and it sure isn't Opera) but anyway we really enjoyed the artistry of the designs and smelling the flowers. Since we had a late dinner reservation, when we arrived at Epcot the sun was going down and I was in awe of how pretty the Spaceship Earth ball looked in the twilight...that is...until I saw the stunningly beautiful big water fountain on our way to go to the Garden Grille. (When I noticed the pin points of light in the cement on the walk way I thought for a second Tinkerbell had just flown by). I loved the way they lit up. When we checked in for our reservation we were a little early so as we were standing there I happened to look down the escalator and saw the ride "Soaring". It didn't appear to have a line so we thought we'd go check it out. The key phrase here is "It didn't APPEAR to have a line" because we soon discovered that we had been tricked by an optical illusion and just 'cause you can't see a line by the doorway doesn't mean it's not there on the inside. Well, there's always tomorrow we thought and besides, we wanted to have fun riding the escalator anyway...The food at the Garden Grille was "organic" (there's that word again...I get scared just thinking about it!). We thought it tasted ok, but what we found really fun was posing and playing with Chip & Dale and Pluto. I even got a big sloppy "Slurp" from Pluto...Well,...I think that's what it was unless it was a "Burp"...Nah, Pluto and I were buds (I could tell 'cause he rubbed my bald head) so I'm sure it was a friendly little lick. Mickey looked sharp in his farming clothes and stopped pickin' carrots long enough to hang out with us too. During dinner when we weren't playing with the gang or eating, we were peering over the rails to look at the different scenery as the restaurant rotated. It wasn't until the next day that we discovered that the scenery was part of a ride. (More on that later). Once again, like so many countless times in my life, God's existence was proven to me when after dinner my wife said to me, "Well, I guess we should go back to the Magic Kingdom since you won the fastpass and we shouldn't let it go to waste." After giving her a half hearted, "If you think we should", I grabbed her by the hand and walked as quickly to the exit as I could...Epcot wasn't going anywhere and we'd be back tomorrow so...Haunted Mansion and Dream Fastpass rides here I come...

Post Thanks / Like

Default yippee, another installment

thank you for continuing your story! I am sure I was not the only one waiting with baited breath!
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you a had a great trip! I'm having a blast reading your trip reports- thanks for sharing and I can't wait until the next installment!
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: