Quantcast The 2008 MOMS & MOMS-to-BE Club!!! - Page 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Lacy and Congratulations!!!!

We are here to help you out as best we can!!!!
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

congrats lacy. Try to remember the best advice I ever got is "you're new at being a mom but the baby is new at being a baby you'll learn together." What she meant was no one starts off being the perfect mom so try not to sweat the small stuff.
    I'm new to this thread but my boys are almost 5 years and the baby just turned 8 months. The baby is already walking as long as he can hold onto stuff, I'm in for so much trouble with him.

Terra I'm glad to see someone else that cosleeps I usually get a lot of grief for it, but I like having my boys next to me.
    Coreen

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on baby Noah, May!

Hope everyone else is doing well and ready for spring! I am so ready!

I'm coming off 2 illnesses back to back, I had a cold/flu and then got food poisoning just as I was starting to recover. I'm finally starting to feel normal again. Vivien has stayed healthy throughout the whole ordeal, thankfully.

Our biggest challenge lately has been sleep issues. it's been better this week but for a while she was waking up almost every hour!!!!!

I know what you all mean about the cosleeping. I get grief for it sometimes too, but I wouldn't have it any other way. WE actually do have a crib but I knew she wasn't going to sleep in it. I do feel like getting a crib bumper was a waste but the comforter we got has come in handy because I sit it on the floor and she plays on it. It has the alphabet on it and animals.

Hope all the pregnant ladies are free from morning sickness and other issues and that our moms are getting some sleep!

Here's some recent pics of Vivien
    http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...n/vivien%2008/
    She'll be 9 months old next week!!!!Time flies.

I'm going to make sure to pop in more often, I lost my password for a while.
    come visit Sam's memorial site
    http://sam-wood.memory-of.com

Sponsor the Celebrating Sam Team and help us Light the Night again in 2007!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lacy View Post
    Congrats May! I hope everything went well with your follow up appointments and little Noah is doing well!
    Noah is doing well! He has finally gained some weight, but not up to birth weight yet!

Congrats LACY!!!
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome and Congrats Lacy!

When it comes to motherhood, there are no silly questions!
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

This is my first post in the Moms to be club and it looks like I'm "joining" at an exciting time. I am about 11 weeks along with my first. DH and I are both very excited but realize there is a lot that we have to learn!
    Lacy, when are you due? I'm 10 weeks and 3 days with my first, also. Congrats! The queasiness is about to get me, too. I keep losing weight. I'm not actually "tossing my cookies," but I can't even force food down at night. Not eating what used-to-be my biggest meal of the day has taken the pounds off. If I could eat all 3 meals of the day between noon and 5pm, I'd be great. Any other time, I'm just !

However, I find it, um... amusing (not!) that I'm losing weight, but still can't get my jeans zipped. Ugh... I bought a "belly band" this weekend. We'll see how it works. How long did all of you experienced Moms make it with your first, without buying maternity clothes?
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Lacy! Congratulations.

I completely agree with Stitchahula. When I had my first, I had never even changed a diaper. But you know, my dd had no idea that they 1st 3 tries at putting on a diaper were a disaster.
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

hi ladies...quick question here i'm hoping you can help me out...

i'm not pg but DH and i sure are tryin!! if all goes well this month, i would be due Dec. 4th. we have a trip to disney planned for Sept. 17th. will i be too far along to go? i understand about not riding the intense rides. we would just want to go and take it easy and enjoy ourselves. but, is disney at 28-29 weeks doable?
    1/07 - POP : 1/08 - POR : 9/08 - POFQ :3/09 - POFQ : 1/10 - POFQ : 9/10 - BWV First Trip Home! : 12/10 - SSR : 1/11 - THV!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IloveJack View Post
    How long did all of you experienced Moms make it with your first, without buying maternity clothes?

With my DS, I barely made it to 12 weeks before having to buy maternity clothes. I had the opposite problem you're having. If I didn't eat every 90 minutes or so, I was really sick. So I ballooned up pretty fast.

With this pregnancy, I started wearing maternity tops around 17 weeks and I'm still getting by on elastic waist pants. This time around, I got sick when I ate, so like you I skipped a lot of meals. But now that that phase passed, the poundage is starting to add up.

As long as you and baby are healthy, you're doing fine.
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    7 trips to the World.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

How long did all of you experienced Moms make it with your first, without buying maternity clothes?
    I didn't really start wearing only maternity clothes till about 6 months.
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Lacy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm so glad everything went well and you're holding your precious baby now!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchahula View Post

Terra I'm glad to see someone else that cosleeps I usually get a lot of grief for it, but I like having my boys next to me.
    Yay another co-sleeper!! Yeah for some reason in western culture the art of co-sleeping has been kind of lost which is sad in my opinion. It is such a great bonding time.
    I also did lots of research about it and read case studies on how beneficial it is to the family and especially to the child's neurological growth and well being. If you're ever interested, you can PM me and I'll give you the links to some great articles!

Quote Originally Posted by harlowandthemermaid View Post

I know what you all mean about the cosleeping. I get grief for it sometimes too, but I wouldn't have it any other way. WE actually do have a crib but I knew she wasn't going to sleep in it. I do feel like getting a crib bumper was a waste but the comforter we got has come in handy because I sit it on the floor and she plays on it. It has the alphabet on it and animals.
    I wouldn't have it any other way either! I agree about the bumpers being a waste, plus if you do use a crib they are not recommenced at all for safety and SIDS reasons. I never put them on my bed. [I got my bedding as a gift.] But like you I use the comforter a lot!

We actually ended up doing the "side car crib" thing with our crib to make the bed "bigger" and prepare for new baby.

Here are some pictures of what I mean
    By the way, Vivian is just too beautiful!!!!
    http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...carcrib004.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...carcrib003.jpg

Oh and sorry I've been missing in action for over a week! We finally found a great little rental house and moved in all last week and had no internet!! Arrrgghhhh....lol....
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Terra - YOU MOVED!!!!! Where abouts are you now? Congratulations!!!! I know it is a big step and you had mentioned your landlady had been good to you, but that whole no air conditioning would have really ticked me off!!! Are you closer to ???!!!

I love your bed set-up. I love it when Ben is close to me, he slept in our room in the pack in play for a few months when he was 'new' - I loved having him close by. I could never sleep with him in our bed - NEVER. I was too conscious of him being there and too afraid of him rolling out or getting crushed!

Ben decided to take his first tumble out of his crib yesterday - Brandon was there for the 'assist' I was in the kitchen while Ben was napping - I heard him wake up but I had a bout 10 more minutes of cleaning I wanted to get done before I brought him downstairs. Brandon heard Ben and wanted to go see him - sure honey, what a nice big brother!

Well, Brandon decided to throw EVERYTHING he could find into the crib - 3 over-sized throw pillows, 2 regular pillows - the change pad, Bandon's blankets - essentially there was no room for Ben left! Poor kid climbed on top of the pile and went over the edge - thud... I was so mad a Bran - we have told him many times that only mommy & daddy can put stuff in Bens crib - oh well, it was bound to happen sooner or later, and he was not hurt, just scared him.

Dumbo Buddy
    Congratulations on TTC!!! (Trying to Conceive) Have fun and good luck!!!! Honestly/Personally, if you are that far along I would not want to be traveling all that way, even if it is for Disney. You'd really have to talk to your doctor for his/her opinion.
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh....poor Ben!!!!!!! It is so scary whenever they take that first big fall from anywhere!!!

I know what you mean about being fearful with them in the bed though! When David was "new" [love that!] I had a mini co sleeper [the snuggle nest] actually in the bed...it had soft walls and all so you couldn't roll over onto it...He was in that for about 4 months then we had the pack n play right up against our bed with the bassinet part in it and he was in that until about 6 months...I did let him into bed then and he slept in the crook of my arm every night until about 11 months when he wanted to lay how he liked!! lol...so shortly after we did the side car crib thing!

Well our new place is not closer to Disney! LOL...it's in the same town....but I love having an actual house. It's small but so homey and cozy!! It's about 750 sq feet. And it has a big porch where David can play and I can sit at the outside table with him!

Yeah that old landlord...I'll tell ya...it had been 5 1/2 months with no air and 4 months with no refrigerator by the time we moved out! The new landlord is wonderful here at the house. He is actually a member of our church too. We really felt like we were all supposed to work together on this.

Oh and the new place has a brand new Central Heat and Air unit!!! AND energy saving windows!!! yay!!! Lower electric bills!!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo_buddy View Post
    hi ladies...quick question here i'm hoping you can help me out...

i'm not pg but DH and i sure are tryin!! if all goes well this month, i would be due Dec. 4th. we have a trip to disney planned for Sept. 17th. will i be too far along to go? i understand about not riding the intense rides. we would just want to go and take it easy and enjoy ourselves. but, is disney at 28-29 weeks doable?
    Good luck and may you see a + sign later this month!

Anyhow, we did DLR when I was 27 weeks. I had a great time and got to enjoy things in the park I usually overlooked. DH made sure I drank lots of water and we took naps each afternoon. Most doctors let you travel until you're 34-36 weeks, but you'll definitely want to ask about it! If doc does say it would be okay, I would strongly suggest buying travel insurance just in case something changes or you're not up to it.
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    7 trips to the World.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

I just need to whine for a minute.

I caught a bad cold last Tuesday and have been sick ever since. It's in my chest but I'm also all congested and it's given me laryngitis to boot.

My doc said I can take robitussin (regular) for my cough, acetametophin for the aches/fever and Sudafed (regular) for the congestion. Well that's all fine and dandy but the Sudafed doesn't let me sleep and leaves me feeling jittery. Last night I took it at 8:30pm and finally went to bed at 11. I just laid there, my heart pounding in my chest, until almost 4 am.

I'm just sick of feeling sick!
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    7 trips to the World.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Rose View Post
    I just need to whine for a minute.

I caught a bad cold last Tuesday and have been sick ever since. It's in my chest but I'm also all congested and it's given me laryngitis to boot.

My doc said I can take robitussin (regular) for my cough, acetametophin for the aches/fever and Sudafed (regular) for the congestion. Well that's all fine and dandy but the Sudafed doesn't let me sleep and leaves me feeling jittery. Last night I took it at 8:30pm and finally went to bed at 11. I just laid there, my heart pounding in my chest, until almost 4 am.

I'm just sick of feeling sick!
    Oh no!! I hope you feel better soon.

Terra, I forgot about the fridge thing - she seriously did not fix it for 4 months!!! WOW - I would not have been paying rent...I think I would have bought a new fridge and given her that as my 'rent'. I don't understand how slum-lords get away with that. Glad to hear everything has worked out - sounds like it was definitely worth the wait and definitely meant to be!
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

Lacy, when are you due? I'm 10 weeks and 3 days with my first, also. Congrats!
    Congrats to you as well! My due date is Sept 26 so it looks like we are right around the same stage. I'm so sorry that you've been so sick. I feel very lucky that I've felt very good most days. I hear that at the beginning of the second trimester we will start to feel a lot better and have more energy. I'm personally looking forward to not having to take a nap on the couch every evening after work because I"m so tired. My pants just started feeling tight this week. Luckily, I've held on to pants that I had when I was a bit heavier that I'm hoping will last me for another month before I have to buy too many new clothes.

I hope you get to feeling better Dakota Rose!

Terra, glad you got into a place with air! I can't imagine living in FL without it.

We are planning to find out if it is a boy or girl and I'm holding off on buying stuff until we learn (another 2 months). Just curious, how many of you found out or are planning to find out?
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

Luckily, I've held on to pants that I had when I was a bit heavier that I'm hoping will last me for another month before I have to buy too many new clothes.

Just curious, how many of you found out or are planning to find out?
    I've done the same thing (I lost 35 lbs. about 4 years ago, and kept a couple pairs of pants). They're khakis, so I can wear them to work, but I wish I had kept some jeans. Oh well, my "work-out" pants are more comfy anyhow!

We're planning to find out. Although the nursery will be the same either way, and we have both a girl's name and a boy's name picked out already. I just want to know if I should be buying those adorable dresses, or some little overalls.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

thank you for your reply, Dakota & Flower. i appreciate it! hopefully i'll be joining you gals soon

1/07 - POP : 1/08 - POR : 9/08 - POFQ :3/09 - POFQ : 1/10 - POFQ : 9/10 - BWV First Trip Home! : 12/10 - SSR : 1/11 - THV!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think I was about 12 weeks when I started wearing mat pants - I loved those things!!! I actually bought most of my mat wear at second hand and consignment shops. I bought quite a few pairs of jeans, tops, skirts and shorts for a very reasonable price - I figured people really did not wear them for very long so why not!

We did not find out in Ben was going to be a boy or girl, I said all along he would be a boy. Our nursery had been my craft room and was painted a lilac color about 3 months before I got pregnant, so I was set as having that as the nursery color. Along came Ben and it bothered me that the room was not blue, so I painted it shortly after he was born, we went with a star theme.

As far as baby outfits for the hospital and homecoming - I bought a light green outfit thinking it was neutral and dual purpose - regretted it ever since! I wish I had of bought both a pink and blue outfit so when the baby was born I could bring them home in the 'appropriate' colors.

I never thought I would be so into the pink/blue thing, but once he came along it felt like the thing to do.
    Lea-Ann

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: