Quantcast A Magical Disney Gathering pre-trip report! part 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Magical Disney Gathering pre-trip report! part 2

Day 3

We’re going to sleep late and head to Epcot. We’re going to do WS so if we don’t get there until after 11 we’ll be fine and I’ll be really happy. Our plans are to stroll WS, let the kids do the FunStops, DD wants to get a pearl for her birthday and we’ll just take everything in. We’ve never really spent a lot of time in WS so we’re excited about our time there. We have a 7:30 reservation for the Magical Gatherings Illuminations Dinner and Dessert Reception with the whole family. We’re VERY excited about this! I can’t wait to get a front row seat for Illuminations!! Then it will be back to GF for sleep!

Day 4

Epcot has morning EMH, we’ll see if we can make it that early. No matter. We’ll be heading to Epcot to do Future World. DH and I both really want to try Soarin.We skipped it last trip because I was pregnant and a little iffy on my stomach. I’m not sure if we’ll do SE, DD hated it her first ride (last trip) and DH didn’t like the going down backwards part. After we have our Future World fun, and I get my stop in Mouse Gear, we’ll head back to GF for rest again.

Tonight’s another big night!

Pirates and Princesses Party here we come!!

We don’t have dinner plans; I figured we grab a CS meal. We’ll have lots of fun watching the parade, fireworks, dancing, etc!! We can’t wait!! DS5 is dressing up as Capt Jack, DD will be whatever princess she picks at BBB on her birthday (of course, she insisted she wanted to a pirate a few months ago and I bought her a costume!) and the baby will also be a pirate!!

Day 5

We’ll head to AK! The kids have to play in the boneyard, DS wants to ride Dinosaur (I’m sure that will be just him and I), DD has to ride Kali, we all want to do the safari because I was pregnant and FIL had just had surgery, and I have to see FOTLK! Whatever else we do is great. We usually do AKL in half a day or a little more. Last trip we left there about 1, probably do the same this time. Then we’ll head back to GF for a rest and/or a dip in the pool.

We have an ADR for the 7:15 show of Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue. So, around 5:30 we’ll take the monorail to MK and a boat to FW. I really enjoy FW, it’s so peaceful! We all, especially FIL, really enjoy HDDMR! Last trip FIL and MIL went for the first time and we sat right against the stage. FIL still talks about it! After the show we’ll take a boat to MK (spectromagic is at 9 but I don’t think we’ll make it) and Wishes is at 10. Not sure if we’ll stay in MK for it or just take the Monorail to GF. No matter what we’ll be happy!

Day 6

Sleep late again and head to DHS. This isn’t our favorite park but we have a few things we must do! DS HAS to ride Star Tours and go to the Jedi Training Academy! The kids really want to go to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground, we have to see the updated Playhouse Disney show and DH loves Indiana Jones. I’d like to see B&B but if we don’t know skin off my nose. We have 4:15 (kind of early but I couldn’t get anything else) dinner reservations for the whole family at Hollywood and Vine for the Dinner and Fantasmic Package. After dinner we’ll see if there’s anything we didn’t go on that we wanted to and head for the 8:30 Fantasmic show. We’ve never seen Fantasmic so we’re excited!! Then back to GF!

Day 7

Our last full day. But DH’s birthday! Him and I are going on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour! MIL and FIL are going to watch the kids while we go. I’m sooooooo excited! He’s been hinting for awhile that he wanted to go on this tour. I kept telling him that it wasn’t for kids so we couldn’t go. It was supposed to be a surprise, but DD let him in on it! We have the 8:30 tour. So we'll be up and out early!

After the tour we’ll meet up with the kids and MIL and FIL and most likely do some more in MK.

We have a 6 pm ADR at Fulton’s Crabhouse for DH’s birthday dinner with the family. Then we’ll do some shopping and back to GF! Pack and to bed!

Day 8

This will be a terribly sad day, we have to go home. We’ll get up early, do any last minute packing, call bell service for the luggage and maybe have room service for breakfast (DD has a fascination with room service) then head to MK. We’ll just hangout and do anything we didn’t do or want to do again. We have an 11:50 lunch ADR at the Crystal Palace. The funny thing is, are past 2 trips we started our trip with dinner at the Crystal Palace, ending with lunch at the Crystal Palace is a big change.

Happy Limo is picking us up 3 to take us to the airport, our flight home takes off at 5:25 and we should land about 7:55 back home on Long Island. Last trip we got home around 9:30. Hopefully we’ll be that lucky again!

I hate to even think about leaving WDW. On the bright side, we’ll be back in less then a year! Not the year and half we’ve been doing! I can’t wait to enjoy our next trip. We’re taking my sister, her DH and their 3 kids January 09!!

I’ll post trip reports, with pictures, when we get back!!!!
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Have a wonderful trip!!!
    1988,97,98*,99, 2000,01*,02*,04*,05*,07,08*,09,11,12*,13*'14*,15&, 16*,17(*=2x that year &=3x) on site WDW
    Next trip to WDW: Planning October 2017 and beyond! I love my AP!
    1991 DL 1993 DL Paris
    "If we can dream it, we can do it"
    "The harder I work, the luckier I get"

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you have a wonderful time! How neat that you get to celebrate both DDs and DHs birthdays while at WDW!

I can't wait to read your reports and see how the trip goes with the baby. Our next trip will be May 09 and we will hopefully have a healthy 7-month old then, so I'm intrigued by trip reports that involve infants! We didn't bring DS down until he was almost 2.
    Offsite - Mar 87, Mar 93, Mar 95, July 02, Mar 04, Mar 06, Mar 07
    CR - Sept 80
    Poly - Sept 84, Sept 07
    POFQ - Mar 97
    CBR - Mar 98
    GF - Sept 01
    Swan - Apr 04
    Wilderness Lodge - Feb/Mar 08

NEXT TRIP - MAY 09 (will stay somewhere new)

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds fabulous. We took our DGD at 7 months and again at 15 months. She was so good. We had a great time watching her reactions to everything. Have a wonderful and safe trip.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a wonderful trip is planned. Have lots of fun.
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to read your trip report, we are going as a grand gathering in july and are doing the illuminations dinner on the 4th, so i'm looking forward to hearing all about it. it sounds like a fun packed week and your so lucky to have your in-laws there to help out. have a great trip and try to get some sleep
    Liane

1979 fort wilderness(trailers)
    1983 off site
    2001 fort wilderness (cabins)
    2005 port orleans fq
    2007 polynesian land and sea
    2008 july beach club yeah!

Post Thanks / Like

You have terrific plans! I'm sure it will be a wonderful trip!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

it sounds like a wonderful trip you have planned for you and your family!!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

I hope everything goes perfectly for you! I am already anticpating your reports upon your return. I am anxious to hear about the Magical Gatherings events.
    Never underestimate the power of High School Musical!

Pop Century - Dec/2004
    Pop Century - Nov/2005
    Coronado Springs - Dec/2005
    Pop Century - Nov/2007
    Dolphin - Nov-Dec/2007
    Pop Century - Dec 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Your plans look terrific! I hope you all have fun!
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like great plans again! Please let us know how the Keys to the Kingdom tour was! I've always wanted to do that!

Thanks for posting. Can't wait to read more!
    M°o°nica

Prepare to Shake..Rattle & Roll!
    Freeway Construction Ahead Take Atl. Route.Traffic Jammed.Drive Safely Detour Ahead..get ready to ROCK! All lanes open.SO FLOOR IT! Car Pool lanes open..WIDE OPEN - RnRC

Next Up: Oct 28 - Nov 7th!

N' Awlin's girl born & raised

Post Thanks / Like

I can't think of a better way to celebrate 2 birthdays!! Then to be at WDW Have a great time.
    Lisa

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: