Quantcast The 2008 MOMS & MOMS-to-BE Club!!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

I had my baby! It was a BOY! I went in for my pre-admit work on Monday, was supposed to be induced Tuesday night...well they admitted me then due to the high blood pressure and pre-eclampsia. I was SO shocked! Labor was well...labor and my 1st dose of an epidural didn't work fast enough, so I had to get a 2nd and WHEW after that I don't remember ANY pain and delivery was SUPER easy! However, after delivery I was still having to stay in L&D due to my high blood pressure and I was still receiving magnesium to make my blood pressure drop. After 48hrs of having to stay IN bed during labor and delivery I was allowed to go to a post pardum room, it was great to be able to walk again! My baby did great! Since I was only 37 weeks he was only 6 lbs, but super adorable! We are currently dealing with jaundice, but I wanted to give everyone an update!
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh May - Congratulations!!!!! Glad to hear the delivery went well too - thank god for the epi!!

Does baby boy have a name yet???!!!

You mention he is jaundice - is he still in the hospital or are you home yet?

Ben was jaundice and we had to stay so he could be under the photo lamps for 2 days - poor little guy. I almost cried every time they took blood from his tiny little feet. I ended up being in the hospital for 5 days because of it, and they were not going to release us at first, but I had to promise to go see my doc and have blood work first thing the next morning - fortunately everything was ok with him after that.
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats May! I am so pleased to hear that the dlivery went well. It is also great tha you were able to deliver naturally..so often inductions wind up in the O.R. Both my little ones were jaundiced..they spent lots of time in the windows but we were able to take them home. Keep us posted on the little man!
    michelle

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats May!!!!!!! Can't wait to see pictures of you're little guy!!!
    We were jaundiced here too!

Since we co-sleep we don't really do a nursery so no theme here. I did put up some Pooh stuff for David though, now he just plays with it since he's old enough! I have a collection of big stuffed animals that was given to me as a gift. He loves them!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Benjie's nursery was lavender when he came home from the hospital - I had it in my head that he is a boy and needed blue, so I re-painted.

I am decorating with stars! I have to post pics - I promised Terra a while ago that I would...I am such a procrastinator!
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, May! Glad you're both doing well.
    6lbs at 3 weeks early is really good! Way to go! Yay!

In other news, my MIL is back to her old tricks again. Shortly after Christmas, we told her that when the baby comes we wanted her to come visit but it would be better if she stayed somewhere other than our house. So since then she's basically ignored me. But today she said something like she wanted to meet the baby asap but understood houseguests were too much so when would it be okay for her to come and stay. In other words, coming right away and staying at a hotel or with another family member is too inconvenient for her. DH is completely irritated and just ignored it entirely. I'm like, fine let the games begin.
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    Ahhh May - Congratulations!!!!! Glad to hear the delivery went well too - thank god for the epi!!

Does baby boy have a name yet???!!!

You mention he is jaundice - is he still in the hospital or are you home yet?
    Thanks!

Yes his name is Noah.

He was able to come home...yay! I was nervous, but my ob said since my bp was still out of sorts, if he had to stay she would have let me stay. We have to go back on MOnday to check his levels, so I hope he doesn't have to stay, but we are doing everything we can to make it all better.
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Noah is a great name, May! I hope you get good news tomorrow and that he doesnt' have to stay at the hospital.
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, May! I love the name Noah.
    Here's hoping you get good news today!
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations May! I hope that everything goes well and you will get to go home soon. Noah is a beautiful name.

My dd's theme was really just a Disney theme. We did blue walls with white clouds, and then hung up some Disney artwork. When I had my dd they didn't have any Disney bedding, so I just went with a Noah's Ark theme bedding. It looked a little odd, but it was really cute. For this baby, I'm not sure yet what we are going to do. We move into our new house (yippee) on March 28th, so right now, I'm just focused on getting my dd's room designed. She really want's pink walls and a princess theme, but I don't really like the princess bedding that's out right now, so, I'm think just generic pink bedding and then having a castle mural on the wall. When we move, we are moving her out of her toddler bed into a big girl bed. She is so excited. Now, if she would just sleep in her bed.

We have had such a rough week. My DH has been fighing the flu or something and I've been fighting morning sickness all week, while trying to take care of everybody else. I'm exhausted. The morning sickness is worse today than it has been so far and nobody at work knows I'm pg. Today is definately a MONDAY!!!
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats May! I hope everything went well with your follow up appointments and little Noah is doing well!

This is my first post in the Moms to be club and it looks like I'm "joining" at an exciting time. I am about 11 weeks along with my first. DH and I are both very excited but realize there is a lot that we have to learn!

So far I have really felt good, just been nauseous a few morning. Mostly, I've been really tired and have slept a lot! I'm glad to see that there are so many experienced moms here on Intercot to answer any silly questions I may have.
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: