Quantcast WDW's extra that brings you the most pleasure? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I know this is weird but for me is when we are checking into our hotel! i love looking at all the disney brochures!
    "Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.”- Winnie The Pooh

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There's just something about walking through the tunnel, looking at posters for old movies, grabbing my map and show schedule and coming out into the bright sunlight onto Main Street USA that makes me well up.
    12 trips to the World... next one: 10/29/12 for our Fairy Tale Wedding!

Post Thanks / Like

Standing at the entrance of Main Street at the start and the end of the day watching the people go by ... I always know at that point i am trully on my holiday

Having a dole whip as we dont get them in England

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walking around at night

I really enjoy walking around the lagoon at Epcot at night about 30 minutes before closing-then near the BC lagoon at night, seeing all the lights at the boardwalk etc- My kids usually pass out early, so my wife stays with them, but i like to walk off excess energy ( i can walk for a long time..even the days in the park don't tire me) - but i find it relaxing.
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

There are so many things! Riding the ferry to the MK on the first morning and seeing the castle getting closer and closer! Stepping into Cosmic Rays and hearing Sonny Eclipse. The music, especially on Main Street USA! Dole Whip Floats! Our annual meal at Liberty Tree Tavern! Seeing a character we haven't met before! And so many more I can't even begin to list them! What a wondrous place WDW is!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

WISHES, without a doubt, hands down, every time. It's the most magical moment for me, watching the shells burst over the castle with the music to "when you wish upon a star . . . ."

I "Wish" I was watching it right now!
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

What a great thread! Exactly the pick me up I needed today.

There are so many things, but I think I'm going to have to go with eating a slightly warmed chocolate croissant from the Main Street Bakery right after the park has opened sitting outside and watching people start their day. I love a good chocolate croissant, but there's just something special about the ones from the Main Street Bakery. I don't know what it is, but no other is quite the same or makes me quite as happy. Only 172 days until I get my next one!

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

I have two that are probably pretty different from most people:

1.) As my user name suggests, I am a high school band director. My band marched in the 3:00 parade back in 1996. It was hot (96 degrees), but my kids did so great - high stepped the last turn around the flagpole and out a little gate next to town hall. I was so proud of them. I think about that everytime we're on Mainstreet.

2.) We have four children and both our sons are autistic. There was one just really special moment when we were walking through Tomorrowland, and both boys were just a little ahead of us. They didn't do any inappropriate behaviors; no hand flapping or humming. They were just kids - not autistic kids. They were just walking and taking in the sights. I even took a picture. It was as close to heaven as I have been in this life. I have a special feeling anywhere in Tomorrowland just because of that moment.
    BandMan

"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public."
    -Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Walking into my resort room for the first time. I’m blessed enough to live close to WDW and I could go to the parks anytime, but staying on property is a real treat for me. When I walk into the room I have to jump on the bed, kick off my shoes, find Stacey on Disney’s tv, and relax. Even if it’s just for a few minutes before heading to a park, there is nothing like arriving to my room and know that it will be “home” for the next few days.
    ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

For us it was some simple things. Turn down service, and the chocolates on the pillow. My kids (3 and 4 at the time) could fall asleep on the Monorail or bus on the way back, but when we got close to the room, I would have to beat them back from the door. I couldn't get the room key in fast enough for them. They would race to see how many chocolates were on the pillows. This was great for me, growing up in a poor family, it was nice to give my kids a little bit of the good life even if just for one week.

The other thing was the small of flowers every time we walked in GF! It always felt like home just walking in the door and smelling that.

Michael

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the " being immersed in disney " is what does it for me. No outside world for a week or so. Also was really nice coming back to the hotel (SSR) after a long day at the parks and looking across the water at DTD. It's really awesome looking at night.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Up until last year, I would have said it was just "the magic." You all know what I'm talking about. The way that the entire rest of the world seems to dissapear. I still feel that way, but on this past trip, DH and I discovered our new fave "extra." From now on, we'll have to end our trip at Epcot, eating at the Rose and Crown. And as long as the logistics work out, it'll be after Illuminations has finished, when EMH is just starting up, so that we can have the place to ourselves.

Can we leave tonight?
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by #1donaldfan View Post
    Mine is so simple...

At the POR Riverside resort, I love each morning, drinking a cup of coffee sitting on the bench right behind building 18, looking toward the food court and watching the sunrise over the water !!!! I start out alone, enjoying this, and once the kids and DW join me we hit the parks running !!!!! What a way to start out a day !!
    Ditto except I drink diet coke and I am at Oak Manor (90) looking towards the food court....It is just SOO relaxing

First trip 1972
    Last trip 7/11
    Next trip 6/12

Post Thanks / Like

Great thread, and great responses.

I agree with almost everything I've read, but the one thing that really makes me smile everytime is the "Welcome Home" that you get when checking in to the hotel.

I'm smiling right now just thinking about it.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite part is when we check into our condo and they say Welcome Home.

I also love the first trip out to the parks after checking in. I still get really excited about seeing the parks for the first time.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

There are so many personal special moments to be had. But when i am walking past Off Kilter or Mo Rockin as they are playing.... i can't help but dance a few steps and my already big smile will get a full inch wider.

Post Thanks / Like

Walking under Spaceship Earth on the first day, past the fountain, spotting the tacky spinning shapes then hitting up the Club Cool station for a watermelon soda.
    1994 - Caribean Beach
    1996 - Boardwalk
    1999 - Caribean Beach
    2000 - Institute
    2001 - Beach Club
    2006 - Animal Kingdom lodge
    2008 - Boardwalk
    2015 - Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

... then hitting up the Club Cool station for a watermelon soda.
    And a nice big gulp of Beverly?
    BandMan

"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public."
    -Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

It's always sounds for me:

The howl of the wolf at the HM
    The whirr of the monorail traveling overhead in Epcot
    The public service announcements on the buses
    The "jungle drums" at the entrance to AK

All of those make me go "I'm here, I'm here, I'm here, I'm here, I'm here, I'm here!" on the inside, even if I look like a calm, smiling adult on the outside.
    Next trip DLR in February 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pickles!

My GF and I love to get Dole Whips and stroll through Adventureland at night, enjoying them.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: