Quantcast We Did It!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: We Did It!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conorsmom2000 View Post
    I was going to sugget the same thing! I've sold gift cards that we couldn't use on ebay before - just put the buy it now $1 or $2 less, offer free shipping and they go fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaTinkRAMESAM View Post
    sell it on ebay for like 22.50 buy it now... people will buy it quick. i got a victoria secret gift card one year and i am not the smallest of girls and have an, um, well endowed chest... so nothin fits me in there. had to sell it and i sold a $20 card for $18 w/ free shipping and it sold in the first hour.
    Good Idea. Thanks!
    Next Trip: 2008 (hoping and praying)
    POR-August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

I've worked for Target since I was 16 years old (8 years now), and y'all are making me blush! It's really nice to work for a company that so many people from various backgrounds feel good about.

Interesting Target Tidbit: All of our customers are "guests." We freely admit that we picked this up from Disney.
    Favorite trips:
    Citrus Bowl with the Pride of the Southland: 12/2001
    Pop Century: 08/2004
    Pop Century: 12/2006
    Pop Century: 05/2007

º0ºShannonº0º

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrivingSideways View Post
    I've worked for Target since I was 16 years old (8 years now), and y'all are making me blush! It's really nice to work for a company that so many people from various backgrounds feel good about.

Interesting Target Tidbit: All of our customers are "guests." We freely admit that we picked this up from Disney.
    I've worked for Target before...twice. Once in high school, when I worked at Food Avenue. I was trying to move out of that area and into cashiering when my family moved so I had to resign. Then again during college I worked at Target, but I was a cashier and then they moved me over to Guest Services (returns, etc). I would have stayed there a while longer but I moved so I had to resign (again)!
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I despise Walmart for all of the reasons mentioned--it's filthy, the aisles are always a mess, employees are rude, lines are always ridiculous, and their bathrooms are always disgusting. Plus, it seems that the customers that frequent Walmart regularly are...less than polite (why IS that)?

I LOVE Target, and I find that their products are a higher quality, as well (just picked up new dishes there today, as a matter of fact LOL).

DD got some duplicate Xmas gifts that came from Walmart, so we did the return line Thursday (over two weeks after Christmas). The cashier was nice enough, but we were in line for twenty minutes! I can only imagine what the lines were like immediately after Christmas!

Today, returned something at Target. Took all of 45 seconds.

BUT, like others have said, it's WAY too easy to overspend at Target. I try to limit my visits, because I know I'm going to drop at least $100 each time. And I don't generally shop for food there.

Not a big fan of KMart, either. Would probably rank it well below Walmart, actually, in terms of cleaniness and customer service.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrivingSideways View Post

How wonderful. I love how Target will not allow their lines to get backed up (at least my Target didn't). I don't know Target's exactly policy for that but during the Christmas season, I always saw a manager at the back of the lines watching to see if the lines were moving fast enough. They did not hesitate to pull employees from other areas and put them on the registers to get the crowds moving. I never spent more than 10 minutes in any line at Target over the Christmas season!!!
    Next Trip: 2008 (hoping and praying)
    POR-August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm sort of neutral regarding the discount stores thing. I must be out of it or something. My loyalty is with price, not a particular retailer. I'm thankful for all of America's retail competition.

Maybe it's a guy thing - I find the best price, run in, buy it, then run out. I don't really 'like' any stores (okay - maybe WDW shops ).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ncscgirl2005 View Post
    How wonderful. I love how Target will not allow their lines to get backed up (at least my Target didn't). I don't know Target's exactly policy for that but during the Christmas season, I always saw a manager at the back of the lines watching to see if the lines were moving fast enough. They did not hesitate to pull employees from other areas and put them on the registers to get the crowds moving. I never spent more than 10 minutes in any line at Target over the Christmas season!!!
    That's our policy. If there are more than 2 guests in line waiting, we open more registers. Of course, it varies a lot. If the backup cashiers (i.e. the salesfloor team) is with a guest, they can't come up to help. We definitely do our absolute best though! Thanks for the props!
    Favorite trips:
    Citrus Bowl with the Pride of the Southland: 12/2001
    Pop Century: 08/2004
    Pop Century: 12/2006
    Pop Century: 05/2007

º0ºShannonº0º

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: