Quantcast Engagements at the Magic Kingdom? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I got engaged at MK in 2004 and I have the pics to prove it!!!!

We were rushing to MK to see Spectromagic and Wishes on our last night. We were at the foot of Main Street by the train and I was snapping pictures of the Spectro floats as they passed by. I got annoyed because FH was tugging on the charm bracelet I had made at the hotel. (I later found out he was trying to sneak the engagement ring charm onto it). After Spectro, we actually walked up main street toward the castle with the parade (it was January, so low crowds, and it was a really cold night, so it was even emptier). We scored a seat on the benches that go around the Partners Statue facing the Castle to wait 1/2 hour for Wishes. It was SO cold. Suddnely FH says "Let's have our picture taken in front of the castle!" So he goes over to this middle-aged man with 2 kids and hands him the camera and talks to him for a little longer than it takes to say "Could you please take our picture?".. Then he spent a lot of time lining us up perfectly in front of the lit up castle, and he starts to say "Jennifer, i love you..." And so I start yelling at him "what are you doing? This guy is trying to take our picture! Hurry up!" The next thing I know he's on one knee! And we have pics! Totally perfect (If only the guy had held the camera vertically so you could see the castle). Anyway it was a dream come true! Then we watched Wishes as everyone congratulated us. He whispered in my ear "tonight those hearts are for us" (referring to the heart fireworks in Wishes that i love so much).

And we're going to use Wishes as our last dance at our wedding, including Jiminy Cricket's "thank you" speech.
    Jan 8-12'03 - ASMusic - First Trip Ever- Dream come true!!!!
    Jan 6-11 '04 - ASMusic - HE PROPOSED!!!!!!!June 5-10, 2004- POFQ - Hot as Hades!
    Nov 25-Dec 1 '07 - ASMusic - MVMCP, CP, Osbourne !!!! BEST time of year
    Oct 19-24 '08- PopC MNSSHP, F&W
    Dec 4-11 '11 PopC Honeymoon!!!!!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We *almost* did...on our first trip to WDW together, we went to the Rose and Crown for (now) DH's birthday. Our reservation was quite late, so by the time we were done eating dessert, the park was empty (except for random CMs).

We took a stroll the long way around to the exit, and DH told me later he would have proposed that night in front of Paris or Italy - even Morocco - if the ring had been ready before we left for the trip!

We later did have an awesome engagement at our favorite pub (where we had our wedding reception), but it would have been perfect that night.

To answer your question, though, I'd say try to sort out whether she would like a public engagement or a private engagement. Try to go for something that is personal to you guys - have you been to WDW together before? Do you have a special memory of your trip/s together that you often speak of?

Once you sort that out - whether it's a special ride, or location - and you need help to pull it off, then contact the appropriate Disney people to help.

Good luck and congrats!!
    '90 - High School Trip
    '05 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06 - Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
    '08 - VWL and BCV

Next Up:
    '09 - Wilderness Lodge Villas

Post Thanks / Like

While working at WL one day, we had a fireworks cruise that had setup for a proposal, so they went out onto the lake, probably watched the fireworks, and then he probably proposed. That's one way to do it. He had us hide a gift basket with some goodies (including a glass slipper) on the boat...
    AJ (A.K.A. Figaro)
    Former Walt Disney World Resort Cast Member

“I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.” - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I've never really thought about it before, but I would suggest on an after dark cruise on the Liberty Bell. Good Luck!
    1995-ASSp, 2000-offsite, 2001-ASMo, 2002-WL, 2003-ASmo-POR-Poly, 2004-Pop, 2005-CS,Pop,CBR, 2006-WL,Pop, 2007-POR, 2008-Ctp

Beam me up, Scotty!

Post Thanks / Like

I just got engaged in the MK
    After Wishes, my bf walked me down to the benches in the Rose Garden. At this time the Christmas Tree was still there (hadn't been moved back yet from parade taping) and the Castle lit up with lights was in full view. We were all alone. He popped the question. It was nice.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I proposed to my DW in 2004 at MVMCP in front of a light pole outside the Emporium. The "snow" was falling and it worked out beautifully. When we went back last year with our Brady Bunch we showed them our pole.
    As of Dec 06 we are now 7
    Off site 1982
    Off site 1983
    Caribbean Beach 1989
    Pop Century 2004 (DW's first visit)
    Caribbean Beach 2006

Contemporary CL Youngests first trip December 2012

Post Thanks / Like

I got engaged at Epcot. I can't even tell you how amazing it was! My favorite resturaunt EVER is Le Celiar, so one night we went out for dinner at Le Celiar. When we got there there took such good care of us and offered to take our coats. I asked my now fiancee if we could take a picture and he said the camera was in his coat pocket which the manager had taken. I thought it was wierd, but whatever. He seemed so nervous and didn't even finish his food. I thought he was sick! All of the sudden my fiancee announced it was time for dessert and the servere brought a piece of cake with the castle airbrushed on it and the ring right on top! Vance got on his knee and everybody watched and cheered when I said yes. They popped champagne, had a card the staff all signed, and took us out to a special spot they reserved for us to watch illuminations. They even set up champagne and strawberries for us to watch illuminations. It was great! My fiancee said he's been working with the concierge at Pop and the staff at Le Celiar for weeks and they were absolutely great!
    "Have a Magical Day"

WDW Obsessed since 1984!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: