Quantcast Just Questions: Giving Thanks for Inquisitive Friends - Page 64

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1301
    Natazu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    Jym, WHAT were you doing up so early???
    I slept for a while yesterday, then got about five hours after lunch. I figured, I'll be tired after dinner, why not plan to sleep?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Natazu View Post
    I slept for a while yesterday, then got about five hours after lunch. I figured, I'll be tired after dinner, why not plan to sleep?

And here I thought you got your days mixed up and was getting up early to get the good sales!!! Or your practicing for tomorrow. What are you buying Pogo and me?

Should we all give Jym our shopping lists?

So how was everyone's Thanksgiving? Did you eat too much? Or should I ask, what do have for leftovers for tomorrow for lunch?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jym, could you pick up a couple of things for me at Best Buy tomorrow? I probably won't make it in time for doorbusters, since we usually get a slightly later start. A laptop would be good, or a plasma TV. OK?

Thanksgiving was a nice evening. We really let my step dad have it for worrying us last week! It was a nice relaxing evening with WAY too much food, and lots of wine. Its that the recipe for a perfect evening?

Hope everyone had a great day - and don't buy up all of those doorbusters - we plan to be out tomorrow, but not at 4am!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Now, everybody needs to start packing and migrating to the RV. We're getting ready for another takeoff in the next day or two--destination unknown.
    Oh, can we go to the North Pole? We can help Santa's elves some and scout out the really cool presents.

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Hope everyone had a great day - and don't buy up all of those doorbusters - we plan to be out tomorrow, but not at 4am!!
    We had a nice lazy day here. The turkey stock is now bubbling away in the slow cooker (a tip that came to me by way of JQ). We'll be out shopping early tomorrow but not before the sun comes up.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

How much food did we eat yesterday?
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, can we go to the North Pole? We can help Santa's elves some and scout out the really cool presents.

I was hoping he'd take us all to WDW, that way you all could be with me!!!

Who's out shopping this am?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone think Christine will be shopping? Does post thanksgiving include coffee?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Happy day after Thanksgiving! Hope everyone's was good! So, am I the only one here in the US working? Will there be anyone on here today to keep me company and help pass the time for me?

Our turkey is in the oven, the dressing/stuffing is made, I'm watching the parade (I paused it on the DVR while getting the bird in the oven), and life is good! :heaven: So why am I a bit teary? (Silly happy cry)
    Hmmm... maybe it was something in the air cause I've been teary since yesterday morning. It started when I was watching the start of the Macy's Parade, then off and on all day yesterday I was teary. I cried during a Hannah Montana episode (one in which her dead mom appeared to her in a dream).. and then even this AM I was listening to Christmas music in the car on my way to work and was teary... I'm also feeling a bit 'off kilter'... I gave a mini lecture to my 5 year old niece yesterday because she made a comment about not wanting to go to her other Grandma's for Christmas cause they were only getting one present each from her, but she wanted to come to my parents house cause she knew they'd get more here. I lectured her about how gifts are not the true meaning of Christmas, plus there were many children around the world who would be getting nothing at all... I mean - she's only 5! I just don't know what has gotten into me...

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Now, everybody needs to start packing and migrating to the RV. We're getting ready for another takeoff in the next day or two--destination unknown.
    Help us out here Ken...what's the RV looking like these days? The Black Pearl? A space ship? A time travel pod? A flying machine? It's been so many things I just wanna be sure I board the correct RV...

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    So how was everyone's Thanksgiving? Did you eat too much? Or should I ask, what do have for leftovers for tomorrow for lunch?
    Read above answer to Ellen to see how my Thanksgiving went. I did not eat too much. I was a pretty good girl. No leftovers for lunch cause we're having them for dinner tonight. Wanna join us? We had left over turkey, dressing, green bean casserole, mashed taters and gravy, fruit salad, brocoli salad and pumpkin dip with apples...

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    No worry about me being in competition with you for those doorbusters.. I'm at work... I know the Target, JcPennys and the Walmart parking lots I passed on the way in to work were all crammed full with cars though! The news even interviewed one family that had been camping out in front of Best Buy since 8:30 last night! They ate their turkey dinner then went straight there!

OH! Yes yes yes! Please please please! Let's go to the North Pole to Santa's workshop! That would be so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by alpro2 View Post
    How much food did we eat yesterday?
    Well, according to the news - the average american will eat 5,000 calories in ONE Thanksgiving meal! That's ALOT of turkey and dressing!

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Who's out shopping this am?
    Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Does anyone think Christine will be shopping? Does post thanksgiving include coffee?
    I'm sure Christine is shopping. I know my supervisor is out shopping. I know others that are out shopping.. but I am stuck sitting at my desk working today. Post Thanksgiving includes LOTS of antacids and lots of naps. And I'm sure plenty of coffee.. many of the malls around here are offering free coffee to all the early shoppers.
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=disneydrmr;1479842.. many of the malls around here are offering free coffee to all the early shoppers.[/QUOTE]

Now how come no one mentioned this before? And why are we trying to go to the north pole again? Isn't that where you all tried to make me wear ugly boots? I'm not a big fan of mucklucks.

Could we go somewhere warm? Perhaps we could be a magic carpet? The Agraba market must have something and surely Genie could help us out with the shopping, cleaning etc? Who else sees this as a bonus?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Now how come no one mentioned this before? And why are we trying to go to the north pole again? Isn't that where you all tried to make me wear ugly boots? I'm not a big fan of mucklucks.

Could we go somewhere warm? Perhaps we could be a magic carpet? The Agraba market must have something and surely Genie could help us out with the shopping, cleaning etc? Who else sees this as a bonus?
    I didn't mention the free coffee part cause I didn't know they did this until they talked about it on the news this AM. I've only gone out on Black Friday once or twice in my entire life and that's been years and years ago. Hmmm.. somewhere warm does sound good. How about the Mall of America? I've heard you can spend days and days in there and never see the whole thing! Or can we travel back in time to Colonial Williamsburg? Back when the times were simpler and the holidays really meant something?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    Or can we travel back in time to Colonial Williamsburg? Back when the times were simpler and the holidays really meant something?
    Now if I couldn't cope with the 50's how are we going to handle that? Besides do you really want to try and cook your Christmas turkey with wood oven? And hasn't everyone been saying forever and ever that the holidays are too busy/commercial/etc. It is what you make it!

If it makes you feel any better this year I convinced my boss to let me give my clients toys which I will be donating to our local toy drive. (I'm choosing a toy based on their industry and giving them pictures of them)
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm... maybe it was something in the air cause I've been teary since yesterday morning. It started when I was watching the start of the Macy's Parade, then off and on all day yesterday I was teary. .
    for a tearless day. I get like that too.... usually when I am more tired than usual or overwhelmed by something (like a big family dinner).... I hope you had a terrific Thanksgiving with your family Di.
    And I'm sure plenty of coffee.. many of the malls around here are offering free coffee to all the early shoppers.
    I just bought a coffee -- a Grande non-fat sugar-free Cinnamon Dolce Latte. It feels like a great big hug! Jealous, Nat?????
    I second Agraba! I need a fancy Genie to help me out!!
    I've only gone out on Black Friday once or twice in my entire life and that's been years and years ago.
    I couldn't do it. I hate crowds and noise -- so I don't think it would be a positive experience in my world! Can you get the deals in cyberspace????

Happy day everyone!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Now if I couldn't cope with the 50's how are we going to handle that? Besides do you really want to try and cook your Christmas turkey with wood oven? And hasn't everyone been saying forever and ever that the holidays are too busy/commercial/etc. It is what you make it!

If it makes you feel any better this year I convinced my boss to let me give my clients toys which I will be donating to our local toy drive. (I'm choosing a toy based on their industry and giving them pictures of them)
    Hmmm.... you bring up a good point on coping.. I watched a really neat show Wednesday night on the History Channel about the Pilgrims and Thanksgiving... learned quite a bit of neat stuff.. showed how they cooked and what they had... they did have to grind everything and all was from scratch. They showed how they cooked a turkey - they either hung it near the fire by a piece of twine and it had to spin to cook, or if they were a wealthy family they had a tin thingy that sat near the fire that they put the turkey in... so ok, let's stick with the Mall of AMerica idea...

I LOVE your idea of giving toys to donate! That is so wonderful! I've thought about doing this with my family and friends.. but I just could never see it going over well with anyone. This year since our finances are bad we bought very little just for the nieces and the nephew and there will be no adult gifts. Dh and I will be focusing on what really matters this year. We'll be watching the Nativity Movie and putting up my Nativity scene either tonight or tomorrow.

So, do you think it's just gonna be you and me around here today?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jenn! Glad you could join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    for a tearless day. I get like that too.... usually when I am more tired than usual or overwhelmed by something (like a big family dinner).... I hope you had a terrific Thanksgiving with your family Di.
    I just bought a coffee -- a Grande non-fat sugar-free Cinnamon Dolce Latte. It feels like a great big hug! Jealous, Nat?????
    I second Agraba! I need a fancy Genie to help me out!!
    I couldn't do it. I hate crowds and noise -- so I don't think it would be a positive experience in my world! Can you get the deals in cyberspace????

Happy day everyone!
    Thanks for the hug! I needed that! I think a part of it is also just that I really miss the way the holidays used to be... since my grandma died things just aren't the same.. then we have Dh's family not even speaking to us (which is both a blessing and a bad thing at the same time if that makes sense)... and I did enjoy the day with my family.. it's always nice to see everyone. Your coffee sounds yummy! I LOVE anything cinnamon flavored! Is that caffene free? Is it from Starbucks?

I don't know if the deals are available in cyber space or not. I don't buy anything on line so I've never checked. But yeah, the crowds are horrid. I remember one year we went out with Mike's aunt, grandma and his mom(I think this was our second year of marriage so this would've been 13 years ago)... we all rode together so we were at their mercy - they shopped for TWELVE hours straight. 'bout near killed me and DH.... and I believe they brought me and dh back to our place then went back out for several more hours!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Mickey'sGirl;1479861I just bought a coffee -- a Grande non-fat sugar-free Cinnamon Dolce Latte. It Can you get the deals in cyberspace????[/QUOTE]

Many of the them are online. And yeah that sound yummy. Except I'm not a big fan of the sugar free part. Di I hope your day get's better. And change over the holidays is hard. My Mom used to buy my brother & I gifts from our brother who had passed (for like the next 5-6 years or so). It was so hard to ask her to stop but it would just kill my brother and I to open them.
    Glad you like my idea..does anyone have any idea what to get a plastic molding company?
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you like my idea..does anyone have any idea what to get a plastic molding company?
    How about one of those 'oven' type toys were the kids pour things into molds and then cook them? I think they make a bug one... or even one of the candy ones. Hmm.. do they still make these? Or they have those 'sand mold' toys. or maybe some type of play dough set - kids have to 'mold' the stuff...
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Post Thanks / Like

LEGO?

Post Thanks / Like

How about one of those 'oven' type toys were the kids pour things into molds and then cook them? I think they make a bug one... or even one of the candy ones. Hmm.. do they still make these? Or they have those 'sand mold' toys. or maybe some type of play dough set - kids have to 'mold' the stuff...
    Playdough's a great idea..thanks! I hadn't thought of that. So what's for lunch today? Is it a requirement to have turkey sandwhiches? Or is that just the pie?
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

My Mom used to buy my brother & I gifts from our brother who had passed (for like the next 5-6 years or so). It was so hard to ask her to stop but it would just kill my brother and I to open them.
    That must have been so hard! Brian's Gran used to buy me a box of Black Magic chocolates every year (I was her favourite grandchild -- even if by marriage). She passed away 3 years ago now, and I used to buy myself a box in comfort -- but honestly, they didn't get eaten, so I didn't buy any last year.... Know what? My brother and mother missed them, so I think I will have to get them again this year...... Brian's family never used "Christmas Crackers" at their dinners growing up -- but we always have -- so his brother became accustomed to wearing the horrid paper hat during dinner. Brian's brother and his wife come over for dinner on Christmas Eve, and I make sure to put the cracker's on the table for them. It makes him so happy -- and it has become part of "Christmas" for him. Traditions are what make Christmas so special for me..... When things happen that impact the traditions, it is very very upsetting. Should we do a cookie exchange?

Post Thanks / Like

Playdough's a great idea..thanks! I hadn't thought of that. So what's for lunch today? Is it a requirement to have turkey sandwhiches? Or is that just the pie?
    I'm having a frozen cheeseburger mac dinner from Michelena. A lot of people will be having turkey sandwiches though. I'm not cause I'm going to mom& dads for dinner tonight - and it'll be leftovers! YUM! And I do hope they have some pie left!

So, what's for your lunch?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: