Quantcast McGoofy's Family & Friends Halloween Treat Week Days 3 & 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Default McGoofy's Family & Friends Halloween Treat Week Days 3 & 4

Tuesday, October 30th, 2007--Day 3
    Today we hit MGM Studios. We arrived around 9:30am. When we entered the park, we were surprised to see Christmas Decorations--especially since it was just the day before Halloween. I guess Disney needs lots of time to get Christmas decorating done! A little before 10am we were heading down Sunset Blvd. to get fastpasses for TOT. That's when we were asked to be extras in a commercial for ESPN with Donovan McNabb. You can read all about that in a post that I wrote yesterday. That was very exciting. By time we were done with the commercial shoot, it was time to go to our lunch reservation at Prime Time 50's Cafe. As usual, the food was very good. 3 adults had pot roast, one adult had meatloaf, and our son had a kid's pot roast. This wasn't even on the menu, but our server was kind enough to inform us that any item on the menu can be done in kid's portion. That was good to know since my DS's pot roast ended up being much cheaper than ours! I ended my meal with a PB& J shake. I had never had one before, but Intercotees made them sound so good that I decided to try one. I loved it so much that I got another one ("to go" this time from the Tune-In Lounge) when we went back to MGM on Friday! After lunch we worked in TOT and RnR a couple of time each due to the fastpasses that we were given for being in the commercial. We also rode the Great Movie Ride, saw the Indiana Jones stunt show, rode Star Tours, and saw the Muppet Show. We tried to ride on the Back Lot Tour, but we were told that it had closed at 5:30pm because that ride closes before it gets dark. At this point, it started raining, and we were running out of time because the park closed at 7:30pm. We had planned to see Fantasmic, but when we realized that the rain wasn't letting up, we decided to skip it that night and catch it when we went back on Friday.

We decided to go to Downtown Disney because we wanted to check out World of Disney. We had another neat surprise. We learned that Downtown Disney did Trick or Treating for kids from 5pm-9pm on 10/30 and 10/31. They used the same treat bags that the MNSSHP used. Families were dressed up in costumes. My DS wasn't dressed up, but he grabbed a candy bag and went into various stores that were participating. We were doing this under umbrellas, but he had fun.

We had dinner at Earl of Sandwich. My friends were very impressed with the prices here. She said that they even seemed to be cheaper than Panerra Bread and much tastier. We all enjoyed our sandwiches. We stayed at Downtown Disney until about 10:30pm. Then we went home to wait for our other 8 friends arrival. They all arrived somewhere around midnight. We helped them get settled into the house. We all stayed up talking and swimming in the pool until 2am.

Photos of MGM:

Wednesday, October 31, 2007--Day 4
    MNSSHP
    Fortunately for us, we had planned to sleep in and not go into any parks until it was time to go to Magic Kingdom for MNSSHP. We slept in pretty late and it was almost lunch time when we woke up. My DH and DS wanted to go over to Animal Kingdom Lodge. (It was only about 4 minutes away by car from our rental house.) We wanted to get a Christmas gift for my mom and a small souvenier for my son's teacher. We also wanted to eat lunch at the Mara. I had butternut squash soup and DH had an African chicken stew breadbowl. DS had his usual generic chicken strips. For dessert, we had zebra domes. After lunch, we went back to our rental house and everybody started getting ready for the costume party. You would have thought we were teenagers getting ready for prom!! It was so much fun. When we were all ready, we headed over to Magic Kingdom parking. From there, we rode the monorail over to the Polynesian resort. We went to the Tambu Lounge for drinks and appetizers. Unfortunately, DH and I could not eat anything due to the fact that we were a vampire and vampiress. We had fangs affixed to our teeth, and therefore, we were ubable to eat. However, we managed to drink with a draw!! After relaxing in the Tambu Lounge we headed over to MNSSHP. We had such a fun night. We didn't have to wait long on any of the rides that we tried to get on. We walked around as a group of 13 and rode everything that we wanted. We collected lots of candy. We danced at the dance party. We saw the fireworks and the 10:30pm parade. The Headless Horseman was awesome. However, I missed the grave diggers. They were in the parade a couple of years ago when I saw it, and they were not in it this year. Something new, however, was Captain Jack Sparrow. It was nice to see him in the parade. My favorite thing was riding the revised Haunted Mansion. I had not ridden it since the refurbishment, so Halloween night was the perfect night to do so. I won't give away any spoilers, but I will say that I loved the changes that they made!! I also loved how just for MNSSHP all of the HM cast members had special spooky make-up on. My family got a great picture in front of the HM in our costumes. We stayed until the party ended at midnight, and then we headed home.

Photos of MNSSHP:

Days 5-8 to follow
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Another great report! We really do have alot in common! Me and the kids loved the PB&J shakes as well! I ordered one and ended up not getting but a taste. The kids drank it up! Earl of Sandwich was a favorite as well. I had the butternut squash soup at Boma and really enjoyed it!
    I am so glad you all had a blast doing the commercial. I hope I will be able to catch it on TV! I think the trick or treat in DTD is a good idea! That way people who maybe can't afford MNSSHP can still enjoy Halloween at Disney. It is also a good way to get extra candy for those who want to do both!
    I am glad the teeth didn't hinder the drinks! Sorry you couldn't enjoy the wings though! Sounds like the party was a blast and it is so cool you got to ride the refirb HM on Halloween!
    Dec 08 SSR & first trip at holidays!
    Jan/Feb 09 Girl's only weekend with McGoofy!
    Sept 09 bounceback free dining again!

"I just want to live happily ever after every now and then." Jimmy Buffett

Post Thanks / Like

You're such an ebullient group, it's no wonder you were chosen to be in the commercial! What a special experience!

Great costumes!

I wonder why the gravediggers weren't in the parade?! We went to two parties a couple of weeks ago and saw the gravediggers in all three parades we watched!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

What a great day at MGM - I can't believe that you filmed the commercial and were able to see and do so much! How cool!

Halloween pictures are phenomenal - it's really neat to see how you all were so into the spirit of the party. Looks like a great time was had by all!

Fabulous reports so far!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Your pictures are great. I especially loved the quote from Mr. Franklin.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

Anyway, your reports are great. I can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing.
    - Ox -

"Well, my name's Dewey Oxburger. My friends call me Ox." - Dewey Oxburger Stripes
    "Yes, I am a pirate two hundred years too late." - Jimmy Buffett A Pirate Looks at Forty
    "Have fun stormin' da castle." - Miracle Max The Princess Bride

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great couple of days. The pictures are great too, thanks for sharing.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

wow what a great few days!! especially getting in on that commerical!! how awesome!! seem you guys had a wonderful time at MNSSHP..thanx for sharing so many pictures!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Natomas, California = 2908 miles from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Your pictures were fantastic

Thanks so much for sharing such an amazing group of people.
    Polynesian & DCL - 1st trip Jan 3rd '08 șOș
    Many Trips to Disneyland Resort șOș

Even if you're on the right track - you'll get run over if you just sit there!!
    - Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing your wonderful photos. Those are some of the best costumes I have ever seen. You must have gotten a lot of people staring and giving you at the Halloween Party. I love Marie Antoinette in a mini!! I am so sorry that the gravediggers were not in your parade. I saw them three times this year so I know they should have been there. Still, an excellant day, thank for reporting.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: