Quantcast Taping of Holiday parade...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Taping of Holiday parade...

From what I can find, the taping of the parade will be 11/30 and 12/1, right?

What time do they tape? Is there a "safe" time to arrive at the MK and avoid the crowds on main street?

Do they do anything at the other parks that same weekend?

Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is to avoid MK at all costs. It is completley NUTS!!! We tried it back in 2005 and you couldn't even get up Main Street!

We turned around and left for Epcot. We had a great day there.

The other parks all have smaller crowds on taping day. Nothing else is done outside of MK.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Arrive at MK late in the day. Taping usually goes til about 11am-12pm, maybe later if the weather doesn't cooperate. The afternoon parade will run a little later than usual, usually around 4pm.

If you do come into the park earlier, take the train to get around the crowds on Main Street.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!!

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention: the train stops at Frontierland (your closest stop for Adventureland and Liberty Square) and Mickey's ToonTown Fair (your closest stop for Tomorrowland and Fantasyland).

Hope that helps
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Post Thanks / Like

Just another warning if you agree to participate in the parade taping you are there from start to finish. You can't decide in the middle I've had enough I want to go ride POTC. I heard horror stories from people who participated in the taping in DLR.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Is the taping 11/30 and 12/1? Those are the last two days of our trip and it would be good to know so I can avoid it!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

We have reservations for CRT for lunch at 1:20. We have breakfast reservations at Chef Mickey's @ 9:20 Could we take the train around to toontown and spen the morning there and in Fantasyland and avoid most of the crowd or should we avoid MK until lunch time. After lunch we will probably leave MK and go to another park we were planning to do that anyway. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

We have a 10:15 am appt at the BBB in MK on the 1st for my daughter. It is her 5th birthday that day. I hope we are going to be able to get to the castle. From the way people are talking, it is going to be a tight crowd. Oh well. We have no choice. Hopefully once we get through Main Street, we will be clear to go on the rides.
    Off-Site 1989
    Carribean Beach 2001
    Port Orleans 2004
    POP Nov 2007
    House Rental for 7 nights/Port Orleans for 5 nights Aug 2010

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you may want to take the train around to toontown and then come back through there and fantasy land to go to the boutique from the backside. I am not looking forward to fighting the crowds down Main St. We have an lunch ADR w/ CRT on the 30th

Post Thanks / Like

Good grief! We have an ADR at LTT at 3pm on that saturday, no wonder I couldn't get it switched to an earlier time. What exactly is the parade route? It is through Liberty Square or do they follow another route?

Is the rest of the park empty, or is it super crowded during the actual taping?
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

The parade route is the normal route; however, the actual video is shot between the Castle and the train station on Main Street. The floats and performers will ride through the park, a few at a time (it's not like a normal parade where it's all run at once), they'll shoot a few takes coming down Main Street, and then when they decide they've run enough floats for that day, they're done (usually around 11am-12pm). Main Street is/will be INSANELY crowded, and the street is/has been roped off so that you almost HAVE to take the train in the morning. Since that's the weekend after Thanksgiving (I believe), it may be crowded.

Another issue: ToonTown itself doesn't open for an hour until after the park opens (if the park opens at 9am, TTF opens at 10am), and it's closed/roped so that you can't get to Fantasyland by cutting through ToonTown. You'll have to take the walkway down and around past the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway, through Tomorrowland, then up to Fantasyland.

We have a 10:15 am appt at the BBB in MK on the 1st for my daughter. It is her 5th birthday that day. I hope we are going to be able to get to the castle.
    My suggestion: get to the park somewhat early and take the train around the corwds to ToonTown (second stop). Don't walk through the turnstiles any later than 9:30am.

Post Thanks / Like

Default BBB Appt.

Just get there early, take the train to Toontown and walk behind the castle by Dumbo to enter the castle you should be fine!!!!
    2000- All Star Movies-Buzz
    2003 -All Star Movies-Woody
    2004- All Star Movies-Dalmations
    2005- All Star Movies-Buzz
    2006-All Star Sports-Basketball
    2007-Carribean Beach
    2-14-08- All Star Movies Birthday
    2009-AS Movies
    2012 AS Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We have an ADR at Crystal Palace at 8:05 on the 30th. I hope we won't have any problems getting around when we come out.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Could we take the train around to toontown and spend the morning there and in Fantasyland and avoid most of the crowd or should we avoid MK until lunch time.
    Yes, you can take the train to ToonTown, but keep in mind that ToonTown won't open until an hour after the "normal" park opening. MK *should* be opening at 8am anyways for regular day guests that weekend.

We have an ADR at Crystal Palace at 8:05 on the 30th.
    You should be fine coming into the park, but I would suggest taking your time to eat, finishing up at around 9:45-10:00am, then head through Adventureland. Main Street will still be packed with parade taping until about noonish.

Post Thanks / Like

The parade is usually taped the first weekend in December. MOST LIKELY this year's dates will be 11/30 and 12/01. If the weather is REALLY bad for that weekend they will probably choose the next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Please

Can we NOT have Regis and Kelly this year or at least get them better contacts so they can read the teleprompter?

The
    Magic
    we
    Feel is...
    is...
    now over to...
    those kids from
    High, uh high
    School, uh
    High School Mutual or something

They were horrible.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got my Mickey Monitor in the mail (publication for Passholders). They have an article about the parade taping, and state that it's going to be on November 30. They also invited Passholders to sign up at the Passholder site to be in the audience. I just tried it - and it's full already. The article justs says that portions are going to be taped on November 30 - maybe more will happen on December 1.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by one2goofy View Post
    From what I can find, the taping of the parade will be 11/30 and 12/1, right?
    . . . correct
    . . . taping is always one day and a partial day

What time do they tape? Is there a "safe" time to arrive at the MK and avoid the crowds on main street?
    . . . to be safe, arrive 24-hrs later
    . . . always avoid Main Street
    . . . it is worse than shoulder-to-shoulder
    . . . lots of people want their 3-seconds of fame
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lindique View Post
    IThey also invited Passholders to sign up at the Passholder site to be in the audience. I just tried it - and it's full already. The article justs says that portions are going to be taped on November 30 - maybe more will happen on December 1.
    It was full in about 6 hours
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: