Quantcast is EPCOT worth it?? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mttafire Guest

HUH? Worth it? Ah, YES! Nuff said.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We love Epcot! We always spend 2 days there and 2 days at MK, if time allows. I never visited Epcot as a small child, however we have been taken our DD since she was 4. Now that she is a whole 11 yr old, she loves it! She really appreciates the culture in the countries and loves to try new and different foods. She loves Future world too since there are 3 of her favorite rides there. Don't miss Mission Space, Test Track and Soarin'. I really love Turtle Talk with Crush too, it is just too cute. I think as an adult you will really appreciate this park! Don't miss it or you will never be able to share your views!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    º0º Monica º0º

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

As our DD gets older, Epcot is fast becoming our fave park. In FW, Soarin, Mission Space, and TT more than cover the need-for thrill. And after sending a few d-mails to the folks back home, we move on to WS. How lovely it is just to take a leisurely stroll around WS lagoon, take in the multi-cultural sights & music, and eat and drink our way "around the World". And how about a most Fab light/fireworks show to end a magical day! What's not to love!
    1975 - Off site
    1980 - Golf Resort
    1981 - Poly
    1982 - CT
    1983 - Poly
    1989 - CBR
    1998 - CBR
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

The real question is, "Is WDW worth it without going to Epcot?"
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

It is my DD's(11) and DS's(6) favorite park and it has been for a few years. My DD loves to eat at Germany and Polka. She was very upset last Friday when our ADR was for 8:30 and the band was just finishing their last show when we sat down. Test Track, Mission Space, and Soarin' are awesome . Even Norway, Mailstrom, and Mexico's, "it's a small Mexico" , boat rides are a lot of fun. I just wish they would have went through with the plans for a boat ride in Germany. I can't say much for the movies in China and Canada, the Circlevision movies make me sick. The show at the United States pavilion, I think it's called Golden Dreams, is great. Maybe some of this had already been talked about though.
    1972-1989 - Offsite
    1992 - Dixie Landings (Mansions)
    1993 - Poly (Honeymoon)
    1994, 1995 - FW
    2002, 2003, 2005 - DCL
    1998-2000, 2004, 2006, 2008 - DVC
    2004-2006 - POR
    2001-2007 - Various All-Star Resorts
    2005, 2006 - Pop Century
    2007 - Dolphin, CBR, ASMo, ASSp, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely! Wouldn't make a trip to Florida without going to Epcot!
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

when we went in Xmas last year Epcot was DEFINETLY the best park we went to
    U just cant miss out on Test Track and Soarin'
    They are AWESOME!
    and if u have little ones take them to Figment and get one of those world showcase passports so they dont get bored round there
    At each country you go to they can stamp your passport and there's also fun actitivites for the lil ones there as well so trust me - its worth going
    Here to help the guys who arent in the know!

Visits to WDW
    16 - 30 Dec 06 - POR (1st visit)

Visits to Disneyland Paris:

Sometime 1997 - Davy Crockett Huts
    Halloween 2002 - Sequoia Lodge
    Summer 2006 - Newport Bay Club

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot is definetly a must do. Between rides and World Showcase there is something special for everyone in your group.

Everyone in our group from Grandparents thru Grandchildren love this park. Hope you go and have a great time!!
    DLR many times,April '05 Pop Century,April '08 POR,DLR April '09,CBR Dec '09,POR Sept '10,April '12 Universal's RPRH then Disney's POR,Feb '14 AKL,DLR July '15,APR '17 POR, JAN '18 DCL, JUL '18 ASMu,DEC '18 "NYE" AoA-Nemo,FEB '20 AoA-LK
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot is our favorite park. We really like Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Living with the Land, Soarin' (although we've only been on the California Adventure version), Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, and Maelstrom. There's lots of entertainment from the Jammitors in Future World to Mo'rockin' and the Japanese drummers in World Showcase. You have lots of dining choices, and Illuminations is a great way to end any day. We also like to just explore World Showcase. I wouldn't worry too much about being bored at Epcot.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot is not only worth it, it is necessary!

The reasons? Here are 10, but there are a lot more...
    1. Spaceship Earth, a wonderful dark ride that epitomizes WDW.
    2. Test Track, a fun ride from beginning to end, and with a few thrills thrown in to.
    3. Mexico, a wonderful pavilion that has to be seen to believed. Dining, shopping, a nice dark ride, and mariachi music thrown in!
    4. Norway, though not as eye catching as Mexico, has all of the same elements, and it has it's own band as well.
    5. The Land, which not only has a great ride and food, but it is now home to the popular Soarin' which I've yet to try.
    6. The Living Seas, an underrated attraction, is the largest aquarium (in the world?) In any case, it's awesome to see those animals.
    7. Mission Space, though not my favorite ride, is something for thrill seekers.
    8. World Showcase dining and shopping, as there are nine other countries, each unique and wonderfully themed, that I haven't listed.
    9. Nighttime entertainment, such as parades and fireworks. Illuminations is a favorite among closing ceremonies.
    10. It isn't your average, run of the mill, thrill ride park, and though it is more leisurely paced than any of the major FL theme parks, it is one of the best places in which I've ever spent my vacation time!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Epcot #2 with a bullet

Epcot is our second favorite WDW park ...hasn't always been, but as we've gotten a few years under our belts (early 40's), we have enjoyed the international showcase and especially the eateries in that area.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I am kind of the Grinch of the "Is it WORTH it" question. I don't like that phrase. I don't really understand the phrase. WORTH it? Haven't you bought a ticket? It is a park-hopper? If so, YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR ADMISSION INTO EPCOT.

Now, I know that is not what you mean with you say "worth it." SO if by "worth it" you mean "worth my time, worth my effort, worth using one day of my park-hopper" well the answer is COMPLETELY subjective.

Do you like world class entertainment, the kind you can't see in any one place on the face of plant earth? Acrobats from China, storytellers from Japan, mimes from France, musicians from Morocco and Africa and Canada and England? Fabulous food? World-class attractions like Soarin' and Spaceship Earth and Test Track? Do you ever get INSPIRED by a museum display like what you can experience at The American Adventure right now? (one of a kind - seen nowhere else in the world except maybe the Smithsonian in Washington, D.C.?) Do you want to shop at venues with truly unique and FUN items? Do you want to go to a Park where anyone, from babies to Grandpa, can find many, many wonderful, inspiring, FUN things to do?

Do you like food? Do you like to experience cuisine from all over the world? Menus designed by world-class chefs?

If you like any of the above (and of course many, many more things too numerous to mention) then GO TO EPCOT.

If you are into thrill rides, hotdogs and cotton candy, go so Six Flags.
    "I wanted something alive, something that could grow. Something I can keep plussing with ideas. You see? The park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing. The thing will get more beautiful every year."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

My kids (4 and 2.5) really liked Epcot in September. They liked Figment and the Nemo ride at the seas, especially. They also loved the interactive area (Kodak labs) when you exit Figment. They liked the Mexico boat ride and they love the model trains over by Italy. They love all the street shows.

I think Epcot is worth it for the shows in the World Showcase. I like to get a late start and then just go from show to show in World Showcase. With a little planning and backtracking, it's not too hard.

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

EPCOT is one of our favorites!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Like many who have posted before me, EPCOT is a MUST. Even if you only go to ride Test Track and Mission Space, it is worth it.
    - Ox -

"Well, my name's Dewey Oxburger. My friends call me Ox." - Dewey Oxburger Stripes
    "Yes, I am a pirate two hundred years too late." - Jimmy Buffett A Pirate Looks at Forty
    "Have fun stormin' da castle." - Miracle Max The Princess Bride

Post Thanks / Like

I remember going to Epcot as a child and thinking the same thing. Now I'm 23 and its my favorite park! I love all the parks but I think that I enjoy Epcot alot because theres a little more adult content and the theming isnt completely centered around Disney characters or films. The world showcase is alot of fun and there are alot of cool non-disney suveniers. The restaurants are amazing there too... Marrakesh (the morroccan restaurant is alot of fun), and also the San Angel. There are a few good thrill type rides too... Mission Space, Soarin, Test Track... and the ride in the Norway pavilion- Maelstrom.... skip the movie at the end but my friends and I all love this one! ("ye are not the first to come this vay! Nor shall ye be the last!")
    Have a Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ILOVEDISNEY07 View Post
    heyy everyone,

i havent been to Epcot since i was young and now im much older...I remmeber it being boring...,maybe bc i was young. Can you guys help me out and give me some info on epcot..what fun things are there...dining...and other things!!

Thanks!!
    EPCOT is SO worth it! Don't miss Mission: Space, Test Track and Soarin'! I also enjoyed the revamped Universe of Energy hosted by Ellen DeGeneres when I was there 2 years ago...and I greatly enjoy the different nations' pavilions, with the Norwegian Pavilion have a terrific ride in it. And don't miss Illuminations at night!
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

It's worth at least an afternoon for a nice meal and a ride on Soarin'

Soarin' is really an amazing ride.

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

my mom and i(actually all of my family too) love EPCOT! if u go to EPCOT, u have to ride Test Track! But if u hate rides that go really fast (like my mom whos name on here is Twink93) then take my advice and dont go on it! also u have to see the show The American Adventure (i think thats what its called, or something like that)

Kana
    1/98 - offsite
    4/99 - offsite
    1/00- offsite
    5/03 - offsite
    12/03 - CBR
    12/04 - POP
    4/05 - DLR
    5/06 - POR
    4/08 - POR
    10/09 - POP
    10/11- POP
    12/12 - POP
    1/15 - POFQ
    12/16 - CS / OKW
    1/18 - POP
    9/18 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit, I hadn't planned on visiting Epcot during our first trip to WDW. DS's were 4 & 6 at the time. Between DH & DS (6) they convinced me to include it in our plans. I had read & heard about it being educational & not having all the rides like MK & I didn't think DS's would get any thing out of it. Boy was I wrong. We always do 2 days of Epcot, 1 for FW & 1 for WS. We love all of the attractions in FW & all of the pavillions in WS! IllumiNations is our very favorite night time event! It's simply spectacular! We aren't adventurous eaters, so that aspect doesn't hold as much appeal for us as it does many others. We really like eating at the Cantina de San Angel, out on the water's edge, in front of the Mexico pavillion. That's our fav! Our favorite attractions are TT, Soarin, JIYI, & SE, all of which we MUST do multiple times! If you give Epcot a chance & don't try to compare it to the other parks, especially MK, you may enjoy it as much as all of us that have responded with a great bug YEAH for Epcot!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: