Quantcast Don't walk to fast - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJDad View Post
    This is sad to me. Someone snaps a photo at one of the world's most famous tourist attractions and it's a 'mistake' and many of us applaud the security workers actions.

If walking fast and taking pictures at Disney are the signs of being an evildoer I'm in big trouble.
    1. Maybe I missed something, but no one called it a "mistake."
    2. No one called him an "evildoer" either.
    3. I don't think there is anything wrong with being understanding towards the security workers and the job they have to do the day after the 9-11 anniversary when there were active terror threats from OBL.

I think what has happened here is that we are trying to present a reasonable answer to all of this. Nowhere was the OP criticized, villified or reprimanded by any of us, so I'm not sure what the point of this is.
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't bother me in the least. I would take a better safe than sorry approach. I only hope no one bothers me while I'm running after the bus to my resort. (I always manage to miss them and have to run for it. With a HUGE backpack over my shoulder!)
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Photos

Quote Originally Posted by NJDad View Post
    This is sad to me. Someone snaps a photo at one of the world's most famous tourist attractions and it's a 'mistake' and many of us applaud the security workers actions.

If walking fast and taking pictures at Disney are the signs of being an evildoer I'm in big trouble.
    You are entirely correct, it is sad. And it's sad that the bad people hate our freedom and want us to change the way we live. There have been many times in history when a tyrant stepped forward and offered to replace chaos with law and order.

We all understand and accept reasonable security measures in our lives every day. The behavior the OP described should not have met the JDLR (Just Doesn't Look Right) criteria when it was observed.

To this, some of you may say, "Better safe than sorry..." and I ask, how far should we go with that? Close all theme parks? Close all interstate highways? Forbid all adult males to enter public parks?

Does this mean WDW should change the name of the group that sings at the American Adventure - The Voices of Liberty?

Post Thanks / Like

Let's not get carried away with this. The guard just asked a couple of questions. It seems most of us would be okay with that. No one is talking about banning all males. We just want to be able to go on vacation and feel somewhat safe. This could be flipped completely the other way and say should we ban all guards and law officers so no one interrupts or offends us too, but we're just talking about trying to keep an eye out and asking a few questions if/when something looks slightly different. This is a country of freedoms, but also of law and order. Without that, we would not have freedom, we would have chaos.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post
    You are entirely correct, it is sad. And it's sad that the bad people hate our freedom and want us to change the way we live. There have been many times in history when a tyrant stepped forward and offered to replace chaos with law and order.

We all understand and accept reasonable security measures in our lives every day. The behavior the OP described should not have met the JDLR (Just Doesn't Look Right) criteria when it was observed.

To this, some of you may say, "Better safe than sorry..." and I ask, how far should we go with that? Close all theme parks? Close all interstate highways? Forbid all adult males to enter public parks?

Does this mean WDW should change the name of the group that sings at the American Adventure - The Voices of Liberty?
    So lets say a few months from now something did happen. In the course of an investigation, security tapes identify the person committing the act as a person who was taking pictures of the transportaition as a securtiy guard passes him. The tapes show the security guard taking no action. Would you be upset that security is too lax and the guard should have done something? Would you criticize Disney or whoever? Sad to say, but security is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Lets face it, the world is different and some things are going to have to change. I am glad the security guard did HIS JOB and questioned someone he felt was "not right".
    1972-1998 Numerous off site
    2000 AS Sports
    2001 AS Sports
    2003 AS Music
    2003 Boardwalk
    2004 Swan
    2004 Beach Club Villas
    2005/06 (NYE) Beach Club Villas
    2006 Beach Club Villas
    2007 Beach Club Villas
    2008 Beach Club VIllas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

Just another sign of the times we are living in.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, its a sign of the times we are living in. But I agree with another poster..better safe than sorry! You must've been so shocked when you were stopped!!!! Were any kids with you?
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer mom View Post
    I agree, its a sign of the times we are living in. But I agree with another poster..better safe than sorry! You must've been so shocked when you were stopped!!!! Were any kids with you?
    I was surprised, At first thinking they thought
    i stole something from MGM and was making a
    fast track back to my room. And knowone
    was with me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: