Quantcast Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, ect. - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

We went 4 times. It was the same all but one time, when the little purple guy had a slightly different routine. I got picked on our fourth visit to tell the "knock knock" joke for him. I also got my texted joke chosen that same visit. I felt famous. I hated being on camera, but *shrug* it's all in fun.

I would say try it at least twice, to see if you get a different routine here or there. And the actors that play each role are varying degrees of funny, as well. We definitely had funnier times than others in ther ethanks to better actors.
    Have fun!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fyi

The one thing that everyone on the big screen had in common was that they were sitting in a spot with the lamps in front of them. Both shows that I saw, I was not in a row with lamps and was not on screen.

So, I'm pretty sure that if you really don't want to get picked, try to pick a row without the lamps in front of you.

Post Thanks / Like

We loved Monsters, Inc. My 5yo DD still talks about that show. She was still cracking on "That Guy" 4 months later! I'll have to remember the tip about the lamps!! Good observation!

Visits:
    1997 - day trip
    Sept. 2006 - WL
    May 2007 - WL
    May 2009 - WL
    May 2010 - WL
    May 2012 - WL
    May 2015- WL Girls Trip!!!
    May 2017 -POR Girls Trip!
    May 2018 - WL Girls Trip
    May 2019 - WL Girls Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

No matter where we go, my DH always gets chosen as the target of laughs. He was at the Adventurer's Club and asked to come do a risque dance (in front of my parents nonetheless) and tell the tale of how we met etc. He's a great sport.

We really liked the Laugh Floor. Lots of laughs. DH was chosen to talk about his favorite food. THAT GUY was sitting behind us and was amused with himself.
    The funniest thing was when they asked a girl to tell a joke and she could barely muster "I..do..not...speak...english". SO Funny.
    Kungaloosh!
    Too many visits to count.
    Recently:
    Feb 2000: "Dixie Landings"
    July 2003: Grand Floridian/WDW Wedding
    Feb 2004: Caribbean Beach
    July 2006-Dolphin
    Jan 2007-Dolphin & Disney 5K
    Aug 2007-Dolphin
    Jan 2008-Dolphin & Half Marathon
    July 2008-??? 5th Wedding Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

heard on a disney podcast that they now give out a button or sticker after the show to "THAT GUY", so he can continue to play the role proudly even after the show!
    john

Off-site '76, '89, '91, '96
    LBV Hilton '84
    DLR '86
    Poly '93, '08
    CR '96, '02, '03
    Next trip- Poly Aug '11

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds like so much fun! I really hope they pick my DH for "THAT GUY." He is not shy at all and would be a very good sport. So, you think sitting him in a spotlight might work?

Now, me on the other hand, I am a little more reserved. I do not like to be the center of attention. (Funny how opposites attract) So, do they pick any females for parts in the show? Please tell me they do not.

We leave Texas tomorrow morning for 9 days of MAGIC!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wjrhw View Post
    The one thing that everyone on the big screen had in common was that they were sitting in a spot with the lamps in front of them. Both shows that I saw, I was not in a row with lamps and was not on screen.

So, I'm pretty sure that if you really don't want to get picked, try to pick a row without the lamps in front of you.
    This was a suspicion of mine as well but on our second show, someone in our lamp-free row was picked for onscreen. I don't think you can count on it.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We loved Monsters Inc! DH got picked on both times he went in. The first time he was put on the big screen scratching his nose, just it looked more like he was picking it. He got a collective Ewwwww from the audience! LMAO!!! And the 2nd time, he was the chosen guy. We we right in the middle, but on the end of the aisle. It was really funny. DH had a blast with it!

Now the 3rd time I went in, the guy who got chosen got really mad. They were saying he was going to by Churros for everyone and he said they were being racist and got up to leave. I think everyone just kind of looked at him in shock at the way he responded. But whoever chooses the guy just picked someone else and kept going with the churro lines. I thought it was really funny personally!
    Jessica

Next Up - Aug 09' Wilderness Lodge
    98-08 - Shades of Green
    80-97 - Poly, CR, ASSports and family Condo at Daytona Beach.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wjrhw View Post
    Not accurate. This is what I thought after the first show. I was nowhere near a lamp and was chosen as "That Guy."
    Quote Originally Posted by wedway fan View Post
    heard on a disney podcast that they now give out a button or sticker after the show to "THAT GUY", so he can continue to play the role proudly even after the show!
    Yup, you get a sticker as the show ends.
    DW took mine for a scapbook. I wanted to burn the thing!
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

This was a riot. We had lots of fun. I would do it again next time. The only thing I would suggest though is for women not to wear skirts. Why?? Because one lady wore a skirt and happenend to be sitting right behind someone that was chosen to be on screen. So everytime the camera flashed to that person her short skirt was clearly visible right in the background. She tried pulling it down and crossing her legs but to no avail. The skirt was just too short! Oh boy was she embarrassed!
    Next Trip: 2008 (hoping and praying)
    POR-August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

I just wish it was more like Crush, where even though it repeats some jokes, there is much more variety and you can see the show several times without being bored
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1981 View Post
    I just wish it was more like Crush, where even though it repeats some jokes, there is much more variety and you can see the show several times without being bored
    I agree, but theorize that it will when it grows a little more. Crush is just one actor. Monster Inc is many. There is great opportunity for variety down the line, depending on the "acts" they line up. I am hopeful it will continue to evolve!

Post Thanks / Like

I did Laugh Floor several times in July. I LOVED IT!! One time I got picked and Mac and Jeeves sang the new National Anthem of New York. The show was different a few times (Comedy in a Box and the Mind reading act) and we had different voices but overall it's a fun attraction
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was a nice, new addition to Tomorrowland and it was even funnier because my brother was one of the kids picked.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

We LOVED it! Did it three times - the first two, the characters were the same. The third time, Mac and Cheese became Sam and Ella, and the second guy (can't remember his name) his routine was totally different.
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent's Dad View Post
    I was there two weeks ago. It's fun once, same routine the second time. Great interaction.

Oh, and I was chosen as 'THAT GUY' my second turn around with DD. I was NOT a happy camper!!!
    I was the person that "needs a hug" the 2nd time we saw it!
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to know if any ladies are picked, as well. I am shy by nature and do not handle being put on the spot well. One of my DDs is the same way.

It seems I am always the one to be picked for this type stuff. Even at 50's prime time cafe. The severs (cousins) always pick on me. I must have something on my forehead that says pick me.

I go along with it but do not enjoy it. I play along for my family's sake. My DH knows how painful it is for me and always tells me later what a trooper I was.

If I can sit and not worry about being picked, I will enjoy the show much more!

Thank you!
    Gail
    Next:
    June 2012 - Pop Century
    August 2012 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, women are picked all the time. I was picked for the knock knock joke portion. But obviously, a woman won't be chosen as "that guy".

Post Thanks / Like

I love this show. Even thou the "That Guy" is always the running gag of the show. They do change up the jokes. I generally hit the show everytime we go.

The last time we went They where retelling the store of Monster INC and I was pick as sully.

Post Thanks / Like

Laugh Floor is definitely something to do at least once per trip. My boyfriend and I were at WDW just this past summer and found it to be HILARIOUS! He was picked as "that guy," so it made our first experience there that much more memorable. I don't know how going back again will compare to our first time, unless he gets picked again!
    Disneyland - California: Countless times as a kid
    WDW (1st trip): 05.30.07 - 06.06.07, POP Century
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 06.15.08
    Disneyland - California: 05.27.09 (celebrating 24th birthday)

Upcoming trips:
    12.09.2009 - 12.10.2009, Disneyland - California

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: