Quantcast Anniversary at WDW?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anniversary at WDW?

HI there~ I am fairly new here and I hope that I am putting this in the right place. We will be celebrating our 5th Wedding Anniversary on Sept. 28-while we are in Disney. We are staying at the Contemporary and will be attending the MNSSHP. Will they do something special for us if I mention that we are celebrating our anniversary? I have read about the Birthday Buttons....is it something similar? Who do I need to tell and when do I need to tell them? Anything they do, I am sure, will be just great! I love this board! TIA Melissa

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Jacksboro, Texas (Northwest of Dallas Fort Worth)
    Post Thanks / Like

YES they do !..We celebrate our annvsry every year at WDW. Be sure to tell them when you check in, they will give you the buttons then. Also call ahead before you arrive let them know ahead of time, we had a nice card and some other things in our room when we checked in. All the CM's will make you feel special ..and you never know what surprise they will have next..
    First trip 1981

Married at Disney's wedding pavillion 12-22-04
    DVC owners @ SSR Dec 2005
    OKW-DEC-2004-Wedding
    VERO BEACH-DEC-2004-(honeymoon)
    ASM-DEC-2005
    SSR-OCT-2006
    SSR-DEC-2007
    AKV owners Jul 08
    SSR Dec 08
    SSR June 09
    New Baby Boy arrived Aug 3 2009 !! (our first)

Post Thanks / Like

Let us know how your trip goes. my husband and i are going in Dec. '08 for our 10 year. We are booking the trip at the end of the week. I was wondering if they did anything special for an Anniversary.

Post Thanks / Like

We celebrated our 10th and going to celebrate our 19th this Nov in WDW. We got autograph picture, disposable camera, balloons, + a real nice picture frame left in our room. On the night of our actual anniversary we were served champaign at Flyin Fish.
    When I make room ressie I let them know we're celebrating, but when I make ADR's I only mention our actual date.

Post Thanks / Like

Although I've never used it, I remember seeing that Disney offered a "Romantic Package" of sorts when you book a vacation at one of their resorts. I think it included stuff like champagne in your room, spa treatments, etc. But this is obviously something you'd pay extra for if they even still offer it.

I don't think they have "It's Our Anniversary" buttons, I'm sure you could get away with celebrating the occasion by wearing the "wedding ears".

Another way to create romance would be to look for ideas from your fellow Intercoters. I've always felt that many of the countries in Epcot (especially at night) can be quite romantic. For example, I've enjoyed taking a girlfriend to France to see the film "Impressions de France" followed by pastry and a walk around the shops. Dinners at the countries should be quite romantic also. Hope this helps! Good luck and congrats on the 5 years!
    Tony
    Former Operations CM at Disney's Animal Kingdom! (Tarzan Rocks & Dinosaur)
    College Program Participant
    May 2001 - November 2001

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." -Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I have celebrated our anniversay there several times. Unfortunately, this year we will be unable to, since our little one is only 6 months old. (This will be our 5th ann. also.) When we made ADR's, we told them when our anniversary was. DH also called the day of our ann. to remind them. We ate at TTS for lunch, and got a table decorated w/ confetti and a cupcake. At O'hana that night, we got a window seat, another cupcake. The entertainer there, had the kids who were doing the coconut races, sing us an anniversary song.
    The countdown is on, for our Disneyland vacation in Sept. 2010
    2009-Paradise Pier Hotel
    2008-Paradise Pier Hotel
    2006-Carribean Beach
    2004-Coronado Springs & Port Orleans FQ
    2003-Off Property (Condo)
    1996-Dolphin
    1992-Off Property

Post Thanks / Like

It's our anniversary too when we're in disney. That actual night we'll be in Boma, due to it fitting in our schedules. But I definately want to celebrate somewhere. :-D

Post Thanks / Like

We didn't do this, but you can get special buttons made (like the first time or birthday ones) that say Happy Anniversary on them. Many Intercotees have received special treatment at restaurants and in the parks by making a note of the anniversary with the ADR cast member. DH felt that going to Disney World was romantic enough and he didn't want a bigger fuss made over us. We were very disappointed that we couldn't find a pin that was for an anniversary in any of the shops.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow thanks for all the info! I will definitely call and let the hotel know and any ADR we have. This will make it extra special for us
    This board is really nice and helpful!

Post Thanks / Like

We celebrated our 5th anniversary with a stay at the Beach Club. We had gotten the AP rate for a standard room, but when DH mentioned our anniversary to the CM at check-in, she upgraded us to Concierge with a view of Spaceship Earth. It was lovely.

In comparison, our anniversary dinner at O'Hana was a bit disappointing. Though I had mentioned our occasion when I made our ADR and again when we checked in, we were seated all the way at the back, where our only view was of the restrooms and people standing around waiting to check in for their ADRs. We couldn't hear or see the entertainment and never knew at the time that they typically recognize anniversaries during the evening. But despite everything, the food was very yummy.

When we made our ADR for O'Hana the next time, it was not our anniversary, but I mentioned what had happened previously and requested to be in "the main room" this time. We were thrilled to discover our seats were right by the window, in the center of the room, with a perfect view of both the Magic KIngdom as well as all entertainment.

So, my advice is to be as specific as possible about your request, and don't be too disappointed if your experience doesn't match up with what others have posted.

Happy Anniversary!
    BLT, CR; OKWX2; BCX5; YCX3; Poly; PORX2; WLX4; PopX3; DolphinX3; ASX3

HGVC I-Drive, Seaworld & Parc Soleil, Hilton Bonnet Creek, Gaylord Palms, Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay

Post Thanks / Like

We celebrated our 20th Anniv @ WDW & are celebrating #22 next month and when I called WDW Res. they told us that we could pick up Anniversary pins at either the hotel or at guest relations at any of the parks. They made a note on our ressies that it was our anniversary and when I made ADR's at Cape May they did the same thing. When we went 2 years ago we had a nice certificate signed by Mickey wishing us a happy anniversary, but the CM who checked us in wasn't in the best of moods & put us in the back of beyond for a room surrounded by tons of running & screaming kids. Hopefully this year it will be alot nicer as we upgraded to a preferred room and bought AP's.

Whatever you do - enjoy your anniversary!!

Under 30 days & counting..........

Me & DH
    AKL, CBR, WL & ASMu '08, POP '07 & '05, POR '01, AllStar Music, Sports & Movies & Ft. Wilderness - our fun homes away from home!

Post Thanks / Like

They do have buttons. Also, if you have ADRs make sure to mention that you're celebrating your five year anniversary. DH and I will be celebrating our four year anniversary.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats !!! We too will be celebrating our 5th year anniversary and will also be staying at the Contemporary this October. I ususally stop by the front desk, and tell them. They for the past few years sent balloons and a card up to the room. I also get a basket of goodies from the disney florist and have them sent to the room.

Contemporary 10/10
    Contemporary 10/09
    Contemporary 10/08
    Contemporary 10/07
    Contemporary 10/05
    Contemporary 10/04
    Contemporary 10/03
    Grand Floridian 10/02
    Caribbean Beach 6/00
    Caribbean Beach 98
    Caribbean Beach 97
    Caribbean Beach 95
    Caribbean Beach 91
    Caribbean Beach 88

Post Thanks / Like

We just celebrated our first anniversary in the world and made it known for all of our ADRs. At each restaurant we were brought a special dessert treat for the occasion, we received many "happy anniversary" wishes from CM and guests alike. We got our buttons at guest relations at AK, but I'm sure you can get them anywhere.

Congrats, and enjoy your trip. Remember, give us a trip report upon your return. Thanks!!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I will be celebrating our ten year anniversary on October 18th. We won't be down at Disney then, we'll be headed for Disney from November 7th thru 17th. ( belated trip ). 11 days to be exact. We're going down then to see the XMAS festivities begin. It definetly will be magical. 68 days and counting!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I are celebrating our 4th anniversary at Disney this Sept (a week late because we have close friends getting married the weekend of our anniversary). This will be our 2nd anniversary at Disney. Last year when we checked in they asked what our favorite Disney character or movie was (as you can tell it's B&TB) and when we came back the night of our anniversary there was a signed picture from Belle and The Beast. We wore our button everywhere...some places gave us free desert and some attractions give you special treatment. For example, Pirates let us have a boat to ourselves.

Happy Anniversary! Have Fun!
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

We went to WDW in 1998 for our honeymoon and have gone every year thereafter for our anniversary. While we haven't received something special for every year, we certainly have received some special items over the years.

For instance, we usually send ahead a care box of snacks, things we can't carry on the plane (DH's Leatherman, etc.) We put a "happy anniversary" label on the box - silly, but we thought it would be neat to see when we got there. The CM that accepted the box noticed the sticker and arranged for Mickey & Minnie to stop in our room while we were out and leave an autographed photo, an anniversary card and balloons. I thought that was SO sweet!

We've also gone to Victoria & Albert's for several anniversary meals and they always do something special. I'm sure other restaurants would do it too if they are aware so when you make your ADRs, mention that it's an anniversary trip. And definitely let the resort know. Never know when Mickey and his friends might feel like stopping in to leave a treat!

Happy Anniversary!
    DVC Member Since 2000
    1998 - Offsite (Our Honeymoon!)
    1999 - Offsite
    2000 - GF & BWV
    2001 - BWV & OKW
    2002 - OKW
    2003 - OKW
    2004 - OKW
    2005 - OKW & Gaylord Palms
    2006 - OKW & Omni Champions Gate
    Most Recent Magic! - November/December 2007 - OKW & AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes they do special things, sometimes they don't. If it is really important to you, you can order flowers or plan special things for each other on your own. Surprises are super nice, though!

We had a past anniversary trip to the Polynesian, and no extra surprises. We just got back from an anniversary trip to the Grand Floridian (where we honeymooned 17 years ago) and they gave us a complimentary upgrade to a MK view room from our booked standard lagoon view room. And we got champagne, a rose, and a signed photo and card from Cinderella and Prince Charming (a surprise waiting in our room one night as we returned from Epcot). It was an amazing stay! Best wishes for your special celebration.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We will be there next week for our 4th Anniversary... and our oldest daughters 3rd birthday. I plan to tell them this at the POP when we get there! I hope they do somehting like what is mentioned above for us!!! Especially for our daughter's b-day! She would be crazy to get an actual card signed by Minnie!

Post Thanks / Like

My DH & I go to Disney on our anniversary every year now. (we started with our dating anniv 5yrs ago, and now wedding) It will be 2 years in Sept and we are going down in Oct to celebrate. Last year they gave us special Anniv. buttons and an awesome dessert @ Bistro in France. The CM were really friendly and accommodating. So, Happy Anniversary and have fun on your trip!!!
    ~Ashley~
    ~șOș 83-93 -Poly
    96-ASMu
    2x 2006- POR
    2x 2007- CBR/POR
    2008- AKL
    2009- CR
    Apr 2010- Poly
    Oct 2010- AKL & Poly
    Next trip Mar 2011 GF șOș~

Here you leave today - and visit the worlds of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: