Quantcast BethanyMouse's Grand Celebration Pre-Trip Report

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default BethanyMouse's Grand Celebration Pre-Trip Report

I can't believe it is finally time to write up a trip report! I feel like I have been counting down forever! This trip has been planned since April when free dining was released. We are going to celebrate many things: our recent engagement, Anthony graduating with his master's degree, Anthony's birthday, our five year anniversary and my acceptance into a doctoral psychology program that I begin in the fall. For this reason, I have decided to call this our Grand Celebration Trip!
    When: August 20-31st
    Where: Disney's Pop Century
    Cast:
    BethanyMouse- Me age 25, Intercot addict and disney obsessed. My job is pretty stressful so I have been looking forward to this trip long before it was even booked!
    Disney Fiance (DF)- Anthony age 27. Very excited to be on vacation from work and ready to celebrate!

I have been to disney over 20 times. Last summer I went twice, once with my family and once on a girls weekend. Anthony has been to disney 3 times, this being his fourth trip- all with me! We are trying out Garden Grocer this trip since we are going for 11 days. Just for simple things like water and breakfast stuff. I already placed our order and we are ready to go!
    We are going to take advantage of ME and the free dining plan. For our first week we are on the dining plan, and our free dining plan kicks in on the 26th of August. Here is our agenda:
    Mon. August 20th- We depart Newark at 7:15 am.....that means we need to leave the house around 3:30...getting up around 3 We land in Orlando around 10 am, hopping ME to the POP. We are planning to drop our bags and head off to ESPN Club for some lunch! Anthony has always wanted to try it so we are giving it a go! We are thinking of going to AK after that and staying until we are tired.
    Tues. August 21st- We are probably going to go to MK this morning, mostly because I cant wait much longer to walk down main street ! Probably swimming in the afternoon. We have a dinner reservation for Le Cellier that night so we will hopefully catch Illuminations and spend some EMH at Epcot!
    Wed. August 22nd- This is Anthony's specially planned day. For his belated birthday celebration (July 25) we are beginning our morning with the famous tonga toast (our first time). I made reservations for jet skiing at the Contemporary afterwards at 11. The rest of the afternoon is up in the air. We do have a dinner reservation at the PrimeTime Cafe that evening. Perhaps we will be able to catch Fantasmic and enjoy a late night at MGM.
    Thurs. August 23rd- We are hoping to catch the EMH MK morning. Dinner that night is planned for Nine Dragons. Epcot is open late, not sure if we will make it or not...depends on how tired we are.
    Fri. August 24th- MGM opens early, not sure if we will do this. We are going see what we are up to and take it from there. We do have dinner at Ohana's that night and plan on heading to MK afterwards!
    Sat. August 25th- AK EMH morning, not sure if we will do it, maybe! The day is up in the air- probably will hit AK in the morning and head over to DTD in the afternoon. Maybe try out Earl of Sandwich for lunch. Dinner this night is in Wolfgang Puck.
    Sun. August 26th- Our free dining plan begins! Our two friends are also joining the trip this day. They will probably join us in the parks some of the days. We dont have a plan for the day yet- we will see what we still want to explore. Dinner this night is at the CA grill with a late night at MK.
    Mon. August 27th- I had to change our originaly plan for this day due to Teppanyaki still being refurbed. I called to change reservations and couldnt get anything but Ohana's for dinner. So it will be our second time there on the trip. Anthony is really excited about that though- he loves Ohana's ! After dinner we will probably head over to EMH MGM.
    Tues. August 28th- We are going to try to hit the EMH Epcot morning. Dinner this night is at the Concourse Steakhouse.
    Wed. August 29th- Chef Mickey's breakfast with our friends! Not sure were we will head after our bellies are full.
    Thurs. August 30th- Our last night! EMH morning in MK. Dinner at Kona Cafe. Definitely Wishes to end the trip!
    Fri. August 31st- our last day in the world. We are going to head into the parks since we have a late flight. Probably MK again...just cause I love it so!

Since this is our longest trip ever we plan on laying back and enjoying it. We have dinner reservations planned for most nights but other than that we are going to be spontanous. We hope to take advantage of the pools and the EMH. Thanks to everyone on Intercot for all of your help with planning and for keeping me going during my countdown! Any advice or opinions on our itinerary is appreciated!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have a great trip planned!

I'll be there August 18-22 and I'm planning on going to Epcot EMH on the 21st also. Maybe we could meet for a Mickey bar or something.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds wonderful! We'll be there in 15 days. I can't wait. Have a magical time!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great trip! Your plans sound wonderful

Post Thanks / Like

What a nice long vacation and so many celebrations to enjoy! Can't think of a better place to do so though...

Here's to a great vacation!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like your plans are exceptional. You should, and I know you will, have a wonderful time.

BTW, congratulations on all of your wonderful news. So much at one time, you are truly blessed.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds great, take me with you please I'll meet you at Newark
    Have safe flights and a great trip

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Have a wonderful long vacation!!!

I'll look forward to your reports when you get back!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, congrats to Anthony on the Master's Degree, second, happy birthday, third happy anniversary and fourth, congrats on the dr'l program. That was a mouthful.

Sounds like you have a great trip planned. I surely hope you enjoy yourselves!! Can't wait to read the report when you return. Take care a travel safely!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a wonderful trip. Wish we could tag along .... do you have extra room in your luggage for us? JK!

Can't wait to read the trip report when you get back. Safe travels!

-Kristy

Many trips all off-site
    Oct 07 Pop and Poly
    June 08 POP/Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you have a great trip.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Great plans! Have a wonderful time!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have quite a trip planned and many reasons to celebrate, I hope you have a marvelous time!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

seems like you guys will have a great time...cant wait to hear all about it when you get back...have fun!!!!!!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Grand Celebration indeed! You have many wonderful plans and delicious meals to enjoy. I look forward to hearing all about it when you return! And congrats on all of your special occasions!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinmickey9170 View Post
    First of all, congrats to Anthony on the Master's Degree, second, happy birthday, third happy anniversary and fourth, congrats on the dr'l program.
    What she said and also congrats on the recent engagement!!!! So many celebrations...it sounds like its going to be a wonderful trip!!!!
    șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great trip.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! It's sounds like you have such a fun trip planned! Also, congrats on all your accomplishments! The 2 of you certainly deserve some fun time!! Don't forget to tell us all about it.
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

Your plan looks fabulous! Have an amazing LONG trip.
    Katherine

Feb. 1997-Polynesian
    Feb. 1998-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 2001-Off-site
    Feb. 2004-Port Orleans: Riverside/DCL:Disney Wonder
    Jan. 2007-Contemporary

Up next: DECEMBER 2007
    Fort Wilderness

"You've got serious thrill issues, dude. Awesomeeee."--Crush, Finding Nemo

Post Thanks / Like

I think your trip is aptly named!! Have a great time!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: