Quantcast A Short- yet sweet trip - DAY TWO :]

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Short- yet sweet trip - DAY TWO :]

I know that this came WAY late, but i had to post it!

My Daddy- 37- Been numerous time to WDW
    Me- 14- Been numerous times to WDW
    Tini - 13- Been one time when she was young.

Well day two was a very LONG day.
    Given that during the week i was subjected to Universal and IoA, which was unbearably filthy, and who's cast members were flat out rude for the most part, i had only 2 days to do Disney. One night and a full day to be specific.
    We stayed at the Royal Grand Hotel near the marketplace, and got up bright and early that saturday morning and headed off to MGM.

Getting there as soon as the gates opened, we made our way down sunset blvd. and got fast passes set to 10:15 for ToT. Running towards R&RC, we hopped in the standby line for a 5 minute wait for one of the best rides in WDW.
    After riding, we still had 10 minutes left before our fastpasses were valid. So we hopped in the single rider line KNOWING AND EXPECTING that we would be separated, unlike some people, and had a mere 5 minute wait yet again. Luckily, i got stuck with an absolutely HILLARIOUS woman who was there with her husband and daughter, and proceeded to embarrass her daughter to shreads on purpose.

After we got off we walked over to ToT for a ride Tini had never ridden. Saddly, we had a terrible drop sequence the first time around and she was not that impressed. It was all the more reason to go get another fastpass for 45 minutes later:]

Between our ToT experiences, i subjected Tini to one of my favorite rides in the park. The Great Movie Ride. Sadly, we did NOT have a very good "cast" on the ride and it really took away from the fun. Leaving the Chinease Theatre, still in awe of seeing Johnny Depp on the huge screen at the end, we ran into the High School Musical Parade. After stopping to snap a few pictures, we made out way back towards the great hotel for, what i found to be the best experience of the day because of the two little girls and their daddy who happened to be riding with us.

While waiting in the boiler room section of the que (where my little sister has chickened out many-a-time), two little girls probably around 5 or so, stood ahead of us with their dad. The one little girl was a trip. After waiting for her sister to turn her back, she jumped forward and roared in her sisters ear, who responsivly jumped a few feet in the air. They turned to each other and playfully started picking at the other. Each warning their sibling of monsters and "scary stuff" inside the elevator shaft. After 5 minutes of this, their dad joined in. He told them to watch the elevators, because he didnt recall seeing anyone get out of them. The girls quickly quit their jesting and became quiet for the first time. Finally, after a long silence, the "roar-er" turned to her father and said, "Your silly daddy, no one can hurt us while we're here. Ya know why? Because God is watching us and he loves us very much." That simply made my day.
    During the ride, which thankfully was much better, the girls had smiles plastered across their icecream covered faces the entire time.

After doing our time there, we skipped over to AK. We stood in a single rider line for EE for 45 minutes, which was better than the 80 minute line in standby. EE was great, as usual, but as we got off, we had a special suprise.
    The Year of a Million Dreams crew was waiting at the unloading dock handing out gorgeous special edition lanyards and two pins that they said could simply not be bought. Our day kept getting better, and we thought nothing could go wrong. Well this is where it starts going down hill.

It was like 97 degrees outside, and the crowds were terrible because that morning was Early Entry and it was about 3 o'clock. We were hungry, and FlameTree had a line a mile long, so we went to the little McDonalds like place with tons of seating and FANS. After waiting in line for 20 minutes, we got our food and ventured out to find somewhere to sit. Quickly, we found that we werent the only vultures on the lookout for a table. After 15 minutes of aimless walking, we decided we had been defeated and sat outside. After our meal, which was very good btw, we headed to Magic Kingdom.

As soon as we reached the park, we realized that the crowds here, weren't as bad as i would have though. I dragged Tini onto PotC because she had never been and it was simply a must do. After gaining fastpasses for SM, we walked towards tommarowland, noticing the ominous looking skies, to do the new Monsters Inc. show. i thought it was ABSOLUTELY HILLARIOUS and believe it is sorely underrated. After leaving that we hopped over to Mickey's Phillhar Magic, which is a "deffinatly magically experience" if it's your first time as Tini clearly stated. On our way out of the theatre, we walked strait into a torrential downpour. Figuring it was just a normal Florida afternoon 15 minute kind of thing, we waited for a few minutes and thought it was slacking off. We hopped out in the rain which proved to be much colder than we had expected and ran through the deserted walkways to CoP. Now, we were drenched, and CoP is airconditioned. Heavily. Not the smartest move i guess. We got stuck during the ride and had to listen to the 1940's twice, but i didnt mind. I seriously thought Tini was going to hurt me though :]

The rain, STILL not lightening up, and the wind PICKING up, we decided,it was time to get dry clothes. We walked into the store next to Space Mountain which used to have a much better selection of tee-shirts and bought us all one. We then made it over to the TTA to pass the time. The rain was finally letting up and with SM being shut down due to lightning, i began to see signs of life in the completely diminished standby line. We sprinted off the TTA and onto Space Mountain after waiting for the cast member to rip up at LEAST 90 fastpasses before he let anyone go from standby. Then he let 10 of us go and got back to fastpass. We rode twice, we loved it, and then we got off.

It was about 7 by that time and CP, Tony's, and LTT were booked including walkins due to weather. I didnt mention anything about CRT because i figured it would put too much stress on the quickly dwendling funds. We got Casey's and went up to sit by the" Noodle place. " After eating, my dad finally remembered CRT and i felt terrible for not mentioning it! Oh that would have been great!

The first SpectroMagic was cancelled so we had time on out hands. Enough of it, for me and Tini to force my dad onto SplshM - an idea he was not entirely fond of. After boarding, he warned us that if he got wet, it wouldnt be pretty. Sure enough, down the hill we went. Me and Tini were sitting in front of him and ducked. Needless to say, he was DRENCHED while we made it off no wetter than we had been when we boarded. We laughed and laughed and lauhed at him while he smiled. Thank god for that good mod WDW puts people in!

To get a good seat for Wishes!, my dad insisted that we make our way back towards the castle after i suckered him into a Dole Float. I was cold, i was wet, i had a serious case of the munchies, and i was seriously bumming that SpectroMagic was cancelled. We watched Wishes! and took loads to pictures and waltzed our way down MainStreet into the Confectionary, our tradition before we leave. After getting an entire box of fudge and making conversation with what felt like everyone in the store, we made our way out to see SpectroMagic peeking around the corner. I was beside myself and made my dad and Tini watch the first 10 minutes by the train station before he made us leave in order to catch the last bus. It is by far the BEST place to watch the parade.

That concluded our two day trip, and then it was homeward bound for me.
    351-ish days till the next trip. But hey, who's counting?

JOrdan :]
    The King and his men stole the Queen from her bed
    And bound her in her bones.
    The seas be ours and by the powers
    Where we will, we'll roam.
    Yo ho, haul together, hoist the colours high
    Heave ho, thieves and beggars,
    never shall we die!

"But why is the RUM gone !?! "

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You certainly packed a lot into a very short span of time! What fun you had!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you guys could get down for a couple of days - sounds like you had a great time!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great report. Those kids sounded like a barrel of laughs.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

What a great report.

I love the ToT story about the little girls messing with each other.

You packed about a week's worth of fun into such a short time. You were even able to score a Dole Whip...true success!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

What a full day! The little girls waiting in line with you at TOT sound so cute! You won a dream, got to ride a ton of rides, new shirts, views of SpectroMagic right before leaving, what a terrific day. Thanks so much for reporting.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. You managed to see a lot in one day.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you got to do so much in such a short amount of time. Thanks for the reports.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! You got so much done in such a short amount of time! Sounds like a great time!

Thank you for sharing!

-Kristy

Many trips all off-site
    Oct 07 Pop and Poly
    June 08 POP/Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

What a great trip report! I love the little girls at ToT. That's priceless.

And good for you for packing 4 parks into two days! You sound like a great guest to have at the parks... I have been there by myself on occasion and am always glad to meet friendly people!

TikiG
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

What a nice vacation! You got so much done. I am glad that you were able to enjoy Wishes and a delicious dole float! Yummy! Thanks for sharing!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: