Quantcast Disneymooners - Day Two with VIDEO!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disneymooners - Day Two with VIDEO!

Disneymooners
    Day Two
    Animal Kingdom

Link to pre-trip report - http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=103968

Link to picture thread -
    http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=110469

Link to Family of the Day video thread -
    http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=110728

After finally getting a full night of rest, we were psyched to start our first full day in WDW. We were so happy just to wake up in a huge king bed! You put Walt Disney World on top of that and you've got a very happy couple.

Going to the bus stop, we notice the most annoying thing... love bugs! I've been to WDW in April, mid May, and November before and have never seen those little buggers. They are everywhere! Now, in case you don't know... they look like lightning bugs... but they join together in pairs and i'm guessing -- mate. Ick. They don't bite but they are annoying as all heck.

I'm an avid believer of getting to the park very early in the morning before opening. I try to get there an hour early. Sometimes when we are running late we get to the park around 50 minutes to open. I just like to be right at a turnstile. I feel as though I can push through the crowds with a bit more vigor if I know that I waited longer. haha. Well, that morning, we ended up getting there about 45 minutes to opening. Big mistake. It was nice and busy. We were about 30 people from the turnstile. That's a lot in my book. Maybe we shouldn't have stopped to take pictures before entering the park but.. it was our honeymoon and we wanted to get our picture taken, dangit!

I directed Matt on how we were going to stay to the right side after rope drop to then cut through the "inner sidewalk" by the shops. My plan worked and we were some of the first people to walk through the queue of EE. A woman led us half way through the line and then told the kids in front of us to just go on without her. The kids thought that she told them to just stay put. So, we stood there for like 3 minutes before she came back and said "go!" Duhhhhhh...

First train of the day on EE felt great I must say. We even got the picture of us and the Yeti. Yes, kids, WE FOUND HIM!

After EE, we took our time and just strolled over to KS. We got a fastpass and then in a very brisk manner, walked to Festival of the Lion King. Matt didn't get to see the show last year so I told him that it's a highlight of AK and he must see it. He ended up loving it! I had to pry the video camera out of his hands. haha.

Our time for KS rolled around so we waited maybe 20 minutes once in line. Matt got super bummed in line because he lost one of his favorite pins... a Pirate's pin. That bummed him out until we got on the ride. Luckily, those animals all came out and made Matt totally forget about that pin. We were so lucky with this safari! Sooo many animals were very close to the vehicle. We even got to see one of the lions walking! Very rare we're told.

Lunch time came and we of course... couldn't agree on one place. We knew we had enough time for us to get grub at two different places so that's what we did. I wanted to eat at Tusker House before it closed since I had never tried it before. I LOVE salmon. That is one think you must know about me... I LOVE SALMON. The fact that I got a great piece of salmon (in my book) for a CS credit was super! I shoved that down and then we headed over to Pizzafari for Matt to get a slice of cheese pizza. I swear, that boy could eat pizza and nothing else and he'd be just fine. I had a bite and thought it was just okay. He's not picky.. if it's pizza.. .he'll eat it. Actually, if it's food... he'll eat it.

Before we left, we stopped in Camp-Minnie Mickey (or whatever it's called) to get some pictures taken with characters. Luckily, Matt finally got to meet Donald. It gets me choked up just thinking about how excited he was. We even found Lilo and Stitch (I LOVE LILO) on our way out of the park. Our plan was to have Matt stand next to Stitch and I would stand next to Lilo. Well, right away Lilo grabbed Matt and Stitch grabbed me and would NOT let go! Very funny. Matt whispered into Lilo's "ear" that I wanted a picture by her. So, she came over and grabbed me and gave me a big hug. I love feeling like a kid!

We walked around the park a bit longer and then decided to head back to the hotel for a little R&R before dinner. We got restless once back the hotel and decided to walk around Downtown Disney and try to trade pins. We kept looking for one of the tiny pin bags but could only find the huge ones. We didn't think that we had enough pins for a big bag. Well, fast forward 3 days later... we found the small bag. Ended up filling it up and had lots of extras that we had to wear on the lanyards. Oh well... we learned.

Dinner that night was at Boma. We were so excited to see the Lodge. The pictures always looked so nice that I always wanted to see it in person. After waiting 35 minutes for a bus from DTD to AKL, we found what floor the restaurant was on and checked in. There were a ton of people waiting so we thought we would have some time before getting called. The woman said 15 minutes. We went to the restroom and just as I was washing my hand we got paged. Yippie!

The place smelled wonderful! I was so excited to try all of this "weird" food I kept hearing about.

If you would like to read the full dining report just follow this link...
    http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=107090

We loved viewing the animals in the savannah after dinner. We took lots of pictures and video. I stopped into the "gift shop" before we left because I wanted to get coloring page and crayons to decorate our window with at Pop. Luckily, I found a Lilo & Stitch collection of pages w/ markers...so, guess what I did on the bus ride back to Pop....

Hope you all enjoyed reading day two. Now, you need to view some of the highlights in our ever-so-wonderful VIDEO! Gotta love my quick editing jobs!

Video Link -- http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...21689906&hl=en
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Great photos!! You two look very happy

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day. Thanks for sharing.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Love the video! I can't wait to get back to the Animal Kingdom. My DH and I still get all sappy remembering our Disney honeymoon. I'm so glad you have started off with such happy Disney memories, too.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Great pictures. It looks like you had a great time. If you decide to try Boma again, go for breakfast. While they did have some unusual dishes they also had the usual breakfast buffet. It had something for everyone.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had another exciting day! Thank you for sharing.

-Kristy

Many trips all off-site
    Oct 07 Pop and Poly
    June 08 POP/Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report,pics and video!
    1st trip to WDW Offsite-1994
    All Star Sports-June 1999
    Coronado Springs-February 26-March 4th 2007(solo trip)
    Can't wait to go back..

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your report, pix and videos. Can't wait for the next day!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like you had a very magical time!! Thanks for sharing.
    Let the magic begin.....!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. It sounds like another great day.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Finally, a person that takes more pictures than I do!

Congratulations Stacey on your marriage!!! Awesome trip reports!!

Keep them coming!!
    Brett

"Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas"
    - Monorail

"Good news....we've made it WORSE!" TOT4

"But why's the rum gone?" - Captain Jack Sparrow

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you had another great honeymoon day! I loved reading about everything and I am so sorry about the Pirates pin! That really stinks. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed AK. I loved the pictures and the video! Thanks so much for sharing!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had another great day, I'm so glad you had fun! Thanks for the trip report!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Stacey -
    Thanks for all of the reports. I feel like I know you after reading your reports and watching your videos. You have made me so excited for my honeymoon in December. Thanks again!
    Karen

2009 ~ Hopefully next trip!
    1/2006 ~Coronado Springs
    12/1999 ~Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Stacey, I have enjoyed your reports, pics and videos so much! You guys had a great time and congrats on the wedding!! Whenever I have been around newlyweds down there, we will usually give them a pin, offer to take pics, congratulate them, or buy them drinks and send them over. It's very fun to see! You'd think growing up down there, I would have been to a wedding there, but not a one!

Post Thanks / Like

Great reports, pics AND videos!!! You guys are SUCH a cute couple
    Katherine

Feb. 1997-Polynesian
    Feb. 1998-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 2001-Off-site
    Feb. 2004-Port Orleans: Riverside/DCL:Disney Wonder
    Jan. 2007-Contemporary

Up next: DECEMBER 2007
    Fort Wilderness

"You've got serious thrill issues, dude. Awesomeeee."--Crush, Finding Nemo

Post Thanks / Like

your honeymoon sounds great so far..im really enjoying reading about it...will we ever get to hear about the rest of it??
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: