Quantcast Our Magical 2nd Anniversary-Day 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our Magical 2nd Anniversary-Day 5

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Mickey didn’t call until 9, but I’d been awakened by a screaming family outside our window at 6. If I’d had something to throw at them, I would have. Really, it’s the happiest place on Earth, keep your arguments in your room! I did go back to sleep in between, but with not going to sleep until after 3:30, it didn’t add up to much sleep for the night. We packed the last few things, knowing we’d have to situate later with whatever we bought that day, and headed down to Bell Services to stow our luggage.
    We caught a bus to the MK to transfer to AKL. That took a while, but I guess the bus drivers don’t expect many people to be leaving the MK at that time of the morning. This was the day for crazy bus music. We had listened to the Macarena and Grease showtunes on the way there. Our bus to AKL was playing country. It was definitely a change from the normal spiel.
    We arrived at AKL 45 mins before our ADR (after Saturday’s fiasco, I wanted plenty of extra time), so we shopped in the gift store. I found the Stitch backpack again, and bought it this time. David loves that I collect Stitches because of him, so he has no problem with me getting them. We also bought some more pins (surprise, surprise…), and donated to the conservation fund, just because David like the buttons.
    We finally headed to Boma 15 mins early. Wow! This was so much better than O’hana’s. Mental note: Come here again! I’ll never go back to O’hana’s, but we’ll be visiting Boma again, and again. The food was better, the service was great, and the kids were civilized, as no characters were running around. (We’d only eaten at O’hana’s to see Stitch, and ended up seeing him 3 moretimes later that week. Oh well, so we paid $40 for a couple of pics… hehe!) David tried their version of sausage and gravy, but didn’t like it. I stuck to normal breakfast fare, and really enjoyed the fresh pinapple. David enjoyed the rest of his food, too. He’ll always try something once.
    We waited a while for a bus, but soon were at the Animal Kingdom, and transferred to a bus for the Boardwalk. We got in line right as the bus pulled up, but I wish we’d just gone on to DTD! What a horrible group of “Grumpys!” We were on the bus for close to an hour (as all the EPCOT resorts ride the same bus), and I’ve never met such a group of grouchy people at WDW. They had nothing at all good to say about the bus service and that they had to share a bus, and didn’t mind telling everyone else about it. I really was close to screaming, “This obviously isn’t your first time here, why’d you choose that resort!”
    Anyhow, Boardwalk’s a waste of time, in my opinion. None of the stuff in the commercials and brochures was here. I’d hoped a juggler would be out, since David juggles, but the place was like a ghost town. We took a couple of pics in the little booths, before deciding to head out. Well, we were in for another hour long wait. There’s no way that I’d ever stay in an EPCOT resort without a car. You waste half of your day just waiting for, or riding on a bus! We talked to two other famiies about how efficient the bus system used to be, while we waited. I got the idea that they were DVC members, which surprised me, sine they’d chosen those resorts. One family said they’d used to stay at OKW, but moved there. (I don’t really understand DVC, other than we can’t afford it, so whatever…) We’d had no problem with busses at POR this week, and from what I saw, I’d rather stay at a moderate resort and save my money for souvenirs, over staying at a HAfH resort any trip.
    Finally, we got to DTD. We went to the Christmas shop and finally (after 4 days of looking) found something that said “Happy Anniversary.” Everything in the parks is “Just Married,” but I saw lots of people with Happy Anniversary buttons on. We got an ornament with Minnie and Mickey, and left it to get the year put on it. We also got the “peppermint ears” ornament, and left it too. We went over to Pin Traders, and got 5 more pins. We noticed some people trading outside, but they seemed a little uptight about their pins, so we didn’t even try for anything. (I’d decided earlier in the week that I just wouldn’t display anything I was attached to, and would anything I was okay with trading. Why tempt people if you’re going to turn them down? That’s my only problem with pin trading. I love that the CMs have to trade anything displayed. It takes the heartache out of it.)
    At World of Disney, we got David’s friend’s little boy a tee, finally, with Stitch riding a motorcycle, and got my Mom a WDW bag. I also got some extra scrapbooking stuff, enough to start working as soon as the pics were done. Since we’d spent a certain amount, David was able to get a coin collection (one from each park). Then we went back to Earl of Sandwich for lunch. Both of us had the clubs again, but no extras since we didn’t eat them the last time.
    I was ready to leave when I remembered the ornaments! While we were there, I kept looking at a Jack Skeleton squish pillow (it’s fat and round, like the old Popples, or Kirby). David finally said to just get it, but I knew we didn’t have room in our luggage, and it wouldn’t fit in my backpack to carry-on. Unless… you got it! We traipsed back over to World of Disney and bought another duffel bag.
    We went from there to the water taxi, and were on our way back to POR. Neither of us had ever ridden this before, and it wasn’t fast, but was a nice, quiet, relaxing “last ride” for us. We got our boarding passes printed at the concierge desk, and David asked for “first visit” buttons, as we’d seen so many people wearing them that week. It wasn’t really our first visit, but it was our first together, and we wanted to remember that. We got our luggage from bell services, and were very happy when we realized how badly we’d needed that second duffel. We split things up between all four bags, with everyone watching us hurry.
    Magical Express arrived just as we zipped the bags up. David noticed another man with the same duffel bags (of course, every store at Disney sells them, and they’re $45 vs. $135 for the cheapest piece of rolling luggage). Our ride took 1 hour and 15 mins with the stop at Saratoga Springs. I’m not sure why it took so much longer leaving than coming, but I’d rather have it that way than the other way around! I stopped at the TSA office when we got to the airport and asked for a Sharpie. I didn’t want anyone else grabbing our duffels, thinking it was theirs, so I wrote our last name across the top of both bags in black Sharpie. We checked all four bags, and then went on.
    Dinner was at Chik-fil-A, but not before one last stop at Disney’s Earport store to waste time. I’ll give you one guess at what we bought. Yep, 4 more pins, ones that we hadn’t seen at the parks. We’d thought we might have trouble carrying-on David’s cane, but it turns out medical devices are fine, and security didn’t give it a second glance. We were at the gate early enough to be the sixth family on the plane, and we sat in the exact same seats as on the flight in. Our pilots were late coming in, and we took off 30 mins late. However, we made up for some of it in the air, and landed 15 mins after our scheduled arrival time. My parents were at the baggage claim waiting to pick us up, and as our bags were right up front, we were soon headed home.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Awwh!! Your trip is over?? Say it isn't so!!
    Thanks for the fabulous trip reports!!!
    Dec 2010 AKL
    May 2009 POFQ
    Oct 2008 Pop
    X-Mas 2007-POFQ
    May 2006 Pop
    June 2005 ASMu
    May 2002-Off Site
    Dec. 1999-Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

The last morning, the goodbyes, it's so sad! Glad you enjoyed your farewell breakfast and last minute shopping, I want to take that boat ride from DTD to POR next trip, sounds neat. Thanks for reporting.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your trip, it sounded like you had a great time.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

it doesnt sound like you had a great last day
    90-92 FW
    93-00 FWC
    04 WL We got Married at Sunset Point, Poly
    05 PC
    06 SSR
    07 WLV
    08 SSR
    09 SSR (6/7 - 6/14)

Post Thanks / Like

I get so sad leaving WDW....glad you had a great time. Happy Aniversary (belated). Thank you for the wonderful trip report.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for your detailed reports! I really have enjoyed them!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Nice breakfast at Boma's! Thanks for your reports!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the wonderful trip reports. It sounds like you had a great second anniversary!
    Karen

2009 ~ Hopefully next trip!
    1/2006 ~Coronado Springs
    12/1999 ~Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I'm glad you had a wonderful anniverary trip.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful trip! I know what you mean about all those presents we buy ourselves in the parks. Isnt it soo much fun! We always wonder if we will be able to get it all home! Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. I loved reading about it!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I think you win the prize for the most souvenirs while at WDW. Good idea buying the duffel bag to help get everything home.
    Next up - January '14 - WL

March '13 - POR; May '12 - AKL; Oct. '12 - GF; Feb '11 - SSR; Oct '10 - BC; Feb '09 - Poly; Feb '08 - WL; Feb '06 - POR; April '04 - ASM; Nov '02 - POR; Jan '00 - CSR; Feb '98 - POR; Oct '96 - CBR; Sept '94 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

what a busy last day...but sounds like you had fun doing all the last minute shopping!!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats the best thing about staying at POR is the boat ride to DTD, its so relaxing.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

You guys really got so much done each day, but it doesn't seem like you were rushed ... except when getting the rest of those extras from DTD packed at the end! LOL!

Thank you so much for sharing!

-Kristy

Many trips all off-site
    Oct 07 Pop and Poly
    June 08 POP/Dolphin

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: