We joined because this way of vacationing works great for us! We come home to Disney in the "off seasons for 4-6 nights 2-3 times a year, utilize ME so don't worry about a car or transportation.

It was never really a long number crunch thing...(btw I am a CPA so maybe the number crunching was just part of the decision process without really thinking of it). For us, it makes great sense to own DVC and be able to use it for all the years. Sure we could probaly do a disney vaction for less money, but the way we do it I don't hink so. We see a cheap flight and then quickly decide if we want to go for a few days.If it works out, off we go. We have not had any bad experience getting accomodations so far.

We figure we will use DVC until we physically can't get there any longer and with 2 children grown, eventually hope to be able to vacation with grandchildren! (and then send them back to their mommies and daddies!!)

Plus, owning DVC makes us take trips and invite family and friends, which we might not do if we were not owners. All in all, DVC was the best vacation plan we have made! Enjoy!