Quantcast Favorite Unexpected Surprises

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Favorite Unexpected Surprises

For my 500th post, I wanted something cool to talk about. Have you ever been on an attraction where you saw something unexpected, but cool? One of my favorite unexpecteds was when I first went on the WDW version of Splash Mountain. There's a long stretch of water near the middle of the ride and when you turn, you can see the Castle. It was so cool! You can't do that at DL.

On Test Track, I video taped the part where it speeds up and noticed how I caught SSE so large in the background.

At Blizard Beach, I thought it was really cool to see SSE and the Hat at DS from the top of Summit Plummet. I liked it so much, I climbed all the way back to the top to take pictures.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I always look around when I'm up in the air, waiting in line at BB. I think you can see the tree of life from there too, and maybe CS.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Something neat

While climbing the hill in Expedition Everest.... I love looking all the way around before it is too late. Celebration, Magic Kingdom, Mgm, Epcot, I love what you can see!
    4.19.02- Baked for the mouse
    2002-Baked at Epcot’s Food and Wine
    11.13.02- Took a Norwalk Virus Disney Cruise
    6.20.04-Married at WDW Wedding Pavilion/ Reception at Boardwalk
    Old Key West:My Home
    "But father...I'm indecent" C.O.P.

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

We love the view from Splash Mountain! Also, the view of the Haunted Mansion from Tom Sawyers Island is grand!!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

One of mine was probally when we went on Mickey's Philarmagic and we could smell the pie when we saw it on the screen, that was really cool. Also, the view from on top of SM is amazing as well.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 3,808.63 KM from the Magic Kingdom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Going into the Hall of Presidents and having a CM KNOW WHO CANADA'S PRIME MINISTERS ARE!

The guy was amazing, and I'll never forget him. James.

Thanks again, James!
    Walt was ½ Canadian!

DL, Aug 97; DL, Jul 01; DL, Aug 05; DL, Jan 06; WDW, Oct 06; DL, Dec 06; WDW, Nov 07; DL, Dec 07; DL, Jun 08; DL, Feb 09; DLP, Apr 09; DL, Sep 09; TDL, Oct 09; DL, Jun 10; WDW, Oct, 10; WDW, May, 13; WDW, Sep 14; HKDL, Sep 15, WDW, Mar 17; WDW Jan 19.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say that every time I'm at WDW I see something different. My favorite was when DH, DD#1, and myself were riding Splash Mountain and we came up on the final drop and the parade was going on below we got a great view! It was wonderful. The best part was that we got to ride a few times more without even getting off the ride!!!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Riding the Liberty Belle River Boat and seeing the Haunted Mansion. From that view, I noticed that the entrance to the HM is actually a crypt. Pretty cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine would have to be my very first ride on Splash Mountain, when I was about 15. I came in expecting at least a decent log flume ride, and I came off of it totally amazed, and infused with the Disney magic all over again.
    Greetings Programs!
    1986- Polynesian Resort
    1990- Village Resort
    1995- Swan Resort
    1999- Contemporary Resort
    2005- All Star Music Resort

Post Thanks / Like

If you climb to the top of the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse at night, they have an excellent view of both tomorrowland and the castle from up there. I asked a CM if we could watch the fireworks from there one night, but as the whole thing is a tree, it kind of blocks the view. However it's a very nice place to take in the view, very romantic as well
    Former CM at Mission: Space
    ~Meredith

*We choose to go!*

Post Thanks / Like

Hello GATOR!!! I'm actually close by to you. I live near the Sacto area.

Anyhow, one of the things that I love to look at (and still be at awe no matter how many times I ride it), is the POTC, while going through the ride, you look up and clouds are slowly moving. It's breath-taking to me.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

the best ever scene i have ever seen is when we went over the last fall on sm and then a firework went off right before we fell and it was just amazing.
    also if you notice on Space mtn. the asteroids and the space stations moving are pretty cool.
    You may leave the magic, but your heart will always be there (psst. I'm bored) (P.S. probably will be until I return to my true home {DISNEY})

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pink View Post
    One of mine was probally when we went on Mickey's Philarmagic and we could smell the pie when we saw it on the screen, that was really cool....:
    I LOVE that part

That has to be my favorite attraction when I think about it. I was so filled with the Disney spirit during the show that I actually cried.

I was just so happy to have finally made it to DW after years of wishing...I can't wait to go again!
    Aug 2006-POFQ & MWC
    Feb 2007-DL
    Jan 2008-POP/DCL
    Sept 2009-Cont
    May 2010-POP
    May 2011-Poly/YC
    Sept 2011-Cont
    April 2012-POP
    Jan 2013- AKL
    Sept 2013- BLT/Swan
    Upcoming Trips
    April 2015- Cont/BWI

Post Thanks / Like

For me, it is Mickey saying good night to you as you leave the MK at closing. Made me feel like I was 7 again and to have my kids with me all excited to tell him goodnight and see you soon! priceless magical moment there.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny how seeing one WDW landmark from atop another is so exciting, such as seeing ToT from atop Summit Plummet, etc. I go out of my way to take pictures on those occasions.

As for a surprise though, seeing fireworks from Splash and Big Thunder Mountains was exciting.

Also, the first time I ever saw a talking trash can, a walking plant woman, or pavement that lights up as you walk on it, I was amazed.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Last year we were riding the TTA, and Space Mountain was temporarily stopped. All of the lights were on inside it. It was really cool to see how the ride was configured - much different than what we had pictured in the dark!
    ºOº April ºOº

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Post Thanks / Like

One 'unexpected' I recall is a few years back we spent our first night at one of the All-Star Resorts. Our 2 DS' wanted to go see the fireworks but we got in late to WDW and had no intentions of heading out to the parks.
    Lo and behold, from our 2nd floor balcony it turned out we could see the MK and Epcot fireworks. Boys happy. Parents happy.

March '99 - POFQ
    February '04 - WL
    February '05 - POLY
    November '05 - CB
    October '06 - POLY
    November '07 - POLY / BC
    November ' 08 - BC
    March '10 - WL
    November '10 - POR-Riverside
    November '11 - CSR

Dear departed brother Dave, he chased a bear into a cave

Post Thanks / Like

Going into the Hall of Presidents and having a CM KNOW WHO CANADA'S PRIME MINISTERS ARE!

The guy was amazing, and I'll never forget him. James.
    This guy is *simply amazing*. I try to catch his shows whenever we're visiting HoP. VERY knowledgeable about this country and others as well.

It's teh "little things" and details that make this place. For example, did you know that the second floor above Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe in Liberty Square is actually "Ichabod Crane, Voice Instructor"? I never knew that until just a coupla months ago...LOL...how 'bout Lady and Tramp's pawprints in the cement outside of Tony's Town Square Restaurant? We have a "wooden leg named Smith" in the lobby at the Frontierland train station (if you've seen Mary Poppins, you know the joke ). Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin is actually Star Command Headquarters in Tomorrowland. You can find an original Dream Machine from the original incarnation of Journey into Imagination, over at MouseGear. You can see a hovercraft from Horizons in the Backlot Express restaurant (next to Star Tours) over at Studios. Just all kinds of cool lil' things
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Every trip we have so many surprises. I love when you turn a corner and walk right into a character
    The best was when on our last trip Buzz was closed for refurb and on our very last day they opened it and it was still supposed to be closed! My son was the happiest ever! We thought we would have missed out but it was a great surprise. We could smell the new paint and all.
    This is no surprise but maybe to myself, I still cry every single time I hear wishes and watch the fireworks just like the very first time. OH an who can forget the first time you saw
    Tink fly across the sky.
    July 1997
    March 2003
    January /February 2004
    January/ February 2005
    February 2006
    May 2007
    GOING Febraury 2008 staying at POP

Post Thanks / Like

not really "unexpected", but i like that when you take the monorail to epcot it circles around spaceship earth before dropping you off... gives you a real feel for how big it really is and its cool to see all of the park and get a quick glimpse of ride lines.
    -Corey-

Excuse me? Are you lookin' at me? Did you rub my lamp? Did you wake me up? Did you bring me here? And all of a sudden you're walking out on me? I don't think so, not right now. You're getting your wishes, so sit down!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: