Quantcast Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade

I've never actually seen this parade. Is it worth watching? What is the parade route taken? I'm trying to find more things to do at AK.
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoy it. Sure it has the basic elements of every park parade - characters riding on floats - but the floats are so unique they're a lot of fun to see.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

My thought is you should always do everything at least once. Agree with the above poster - the "floats" if you can call them that are truly unique. There are more guest riders, ie. families, than I personally care to see and less characters but the music keeps it moving along. I believe the parade starts in Africa and ends on the bridge to Asia.

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed it as well.
    As far as the route. It begins in Africa by the Tusker House. Then makes its way through Discovery Island around the Tree of Life and towards Asia but turns left at the Flights of Wonder. It then heads back into Africa.

I like to get a good spot ahead of time just outside of the Tusker House. We grab something to eat and relax while waiting.
    ºoº Joe ºoº
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

It is the only day time parade that I care to watch in all of WDW. We usually see it just before KS in the African village. It starts and finishes in the same spot, so we see it the second time through with no crowds to fight.

Post Thanks / Like

I have yet to see this one either but eith all these glowing reviews I look forward to it
    Amanda, Mom of 4

ASMo Mar 2005
    Pop Sep 2006, Jan 2014, Jan 2016
    SSR Dec 2006
    Disney Magic Jan 2008, Mar 2009, Apr 2011
    OKW Jan 2009, June 2012, December 2017
    POFQ Jan 2012
    VWL Oct 2012
    AKV Jan 2013, June 2013, Aug 2015
    AOA July 2014
    All Star Sports Jan 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoy this parade a nice addition to AK unfortunately most of the time I miss dues to time constaints Most of my recent trips have been short ones and I often skip the day time parades
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Why would you ever miss any parade? Rides and shows are great, but it's great to see your favorite characters dancing to music. It's what makes it Disney and not SixFlags (their parades are about 90 seconds long and terrible). Even though lines may be shorter at that time, it isn't worth missing parades. I view them like fireworks-don't miss them for anything.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

You MUST see the parade at AK! Parades at MK and MGM are nice and we enjoy them, but the parade at MK is by far the best, IMHO! The music is great and the "floats" are fantastic! I say "floats" because they are not really floats, but human powered contraptions depicting different animals. You really have to see it to appreciate it. Definitely work this into your schedule while at AK, however. A couple other things to do while at AK:

- Flights of Wonder - a very funny and neat bird show
    - Kilimanjaro Safari
    - Maharajah Jungle Trek
    - Pangani Forest Exploration Trail

If you are looking for things to do that take some time, you can kill several hours doing the above.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a big fan of the parade because it seems you are closer & more engaged with the performers/characters than in other parades. My kids all get high fives from a performer or two during the parade.

We watch the parade from Africa. The route makes a turn in the road & we try to watch from the outside of the turn.

We are ALWAYS in a bright, cheery mood when the parade concludes.

Post Thanks / Like

I never seen this parade, but I've heard from many people that this is their favorite parade.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

This parade is worth watching if you haven't seen it before. They have stilt walkers, really neat floats, and good unique music. The parade route is rather long, it starts by the safari ride and also ends there.. so if you want to watch it from there, it would probably be easier to see when it starts coming back around. although the characters and dancers look a little bit more worn out, but there will be less crowds when it comes back around. But all in all, a really good parade.
    “Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
    –Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

It's a clever parade and the music is awesome. Also, if you watch the parade in Africa (from where it eminates), you can wait there until it returns and see it twice. At least, I heard that as a tip from TV.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

TiggerRPh Guest

You probably should see it at least once. IMO, this parade is probably the least exciting of any of the parades.

We usually see every parade at least twice before we pass on them unless we don't have anything to do.

We've seen this parade once and that was it. It's not a bad parade just not worth sticking around until 4 PM to see it.

Post Thanks / Like

We love this parade. As another poster said, the character interaction with the kids is great. My daughter got a great hug from Timon during the parade our last trip, she was thrilled. Lots of high fives from others as well.
    See it at least once.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is the best daytime parade in any of the parks! The floats are incredibly colorful, the music very festive, and the CMs on the floats seem to be having a fantastic time!!
    1981 - offsite
    1982 - Golf Resort
    1983 - DD Hilton
    1985 - offsite
    1987 - offsite
    8/2001 - Polynesian
    5/2002 - POR
    9/2003 - Polynesian
    1/2004 - POP Century
    4/2005 - Polynesian
    8/2005 - Yacht Club & AKL
    8/2007 - Boardwalk Villas
    4/2008 - Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

I really recommed Jammin' Jungle. It's my personal favorite day parade. The music on the first and last float is what does it for me.

I used to work at Kilimanjaro Safaris and would work at parade a lot. Best place to see the parade is in Africa, where the path starts to head over to Asia, water side where the drums are. The 2nd pass of the parade will go right in front of you (around 4:20-4:25) and you'll likely be one of the only people standing in that area.
    Is it April yet???

Post Thanks / Like

It is my favorite daytime WDW parade ever! I love everything about it. Great safari themed costumes on the characters, bright colors, fun music, interesting floats. It is a "don't miss" for us. We try to catch it at least once or twice per trip!
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad to hear that this parade is good. We have missed it for the last few years because we don't find ourselves still in the AK at 4:00. This year I have decided to sleep in a little bit and get to the park a little later so we can stick around and catch it. Looking forward to it!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

we saw this parade for the first time last year and it was really good, and we also agree that it's pretty much in the same vane as almost every disney parade, but the floats are something to see, we will go back and do this parade again on this upcoming trip, we recommend not to miss it

victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: