Quantcast "Free Dining Plan 2007" Semi-Rumour - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Dining

I am using it for 11 days. They said we could use it for up to 14 days I believe.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

On another Disney board site I found:

Now that the September offer is on the TA page and because of the dates that are being defaulted, 8/26 - 9/22 are probably going to be the dates for free dining.
    Is TA, Travel Agency? Any know what they are talking about? Seems like an open offer for free dining but only for a limited Sept. timeframe?
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question

Good Morning!

I just had a question for Mikeb1967. I called the Disney Reservations line this morning and described the newsletter advertisement to them, and they said that it wasn't a special promotion. She said it was just a "catchy" form of advertising get people to go during that time of year (because when I typed in the advertised prices into the Disney website, it came out to the exact same price full price as Disney charges, approx. $730 per adult). How did you get this deal? Did Disney confirm that it was the free dining plan? I am just asking because I don't know if the person I was speaking with just wasn't very helpful or knew what was going on. I am REALLY hoping that this rumor is true and just wanted to know how you got it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Same here AAA has no idea about a mailing ???
    Could someone scan and post a link to what it looks like ! My AAA called thier main office which said that there is no such mailing ????
    Thanks, Al

Post Thanks / Like

I called Disney today to "fish" for information to see if they had any idea if they would be offering the free dining promotion so I could start planning my trip. They released no information and stated they were not informed of it yet......just an FYI of where I got with the entire process so far.....
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

We booked through AAA last year and rec'd the free dining. Our agent has been on alert that we are looking for it again this year, but nothing has been announced and I haven't seen any mailing. Called him again today and there isn't anything to report yet....

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

I am a AAA member, but have never received an advertisement. When I called today, I said that I heard of some speculation on the discussion boards that there was a newsletter released by AAA and described to her what I had heard so far. Whether she has actually seen it or not, I have no idea, but she said that there is no dining promotion at this time.

Post Thanks / Like

Notice all the WDW shows on The Travel Channel today? I think it bodes will for a discount annoucement shortly.

I think Disney Marketing will use the Travel Channel marathon to "launch" it's big summer discount annoucements.

What a way to pump people up and then start running the "free dining" and/or Dream commercials...

Smart move, if they do it.
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, new here, but familiar with Disney discussions, travel, and had the Free DDP two years ago.

Been holding my breath for the free DDP to be announced, because I talked my dh's family into going to WDW, and dangled before them the potential of free dining. Sigh.

Re: Rebooking - The only caveat I have heard to calling and applying the sale to an existing reservation is if there is no availability for the type of room ressie you already have or the resort you are at. Sometimes you have to change type of room or resort choice.

Here's to free food!
    Sarah,
    wife to dh J.,
    mom to dd '94, ds '96, ds '99, ds '01, dd '03, dd '04, dd '06

WDW Visits -
    11/91 offsite, honeymoon
    1/04 Ft. Wilderness Cabins, first trip w/ kids
    8/05 Pop Century
    9/07 Pop Century, here we come!

Post Thanks / Like

nothing yet that i see on Intercot or my Disney Visa offer page. of course yesterday and today it said not available, but no offers. so mayb they are getting something ready. who knows and who knows if i would take advantage of it having to pay rack rates, either way im off to work....59 days at this time i will b on the plane to WDW
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Just got off the phone with a CM and still no announcement on the free dining. She just said to keep checking. Still think we are getting a better deal with 40% off of mod. resort........hope I am right on that

Still not sure how this trip will go with the in-laws going..........Wish me luck

Post Thanks / Like

Hi my name is Beth and I am obsessed with this dining promotion! I just got off the phone with disney and was told that nothing has officially been announced yet however if it is going to be announced to check it out after Easter.....not sure if this is a positive thing or a negative. Also read on another disney website (not to worry my alliances are here I am just obsessed with finding out about this plan!) that Lou Mongello's podcast announced it will be offered again this year during the same dates and will be released on April 12. Not sure if there is any truth to these rumors but just wanted to keep everyone in the loop!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Beth. My name is Steve. I am also obsessed with this offer. I have been off the dining plan for 6 months.

You mention "during the same dates." What does that mean? Value season or the late August/mid Sept mentioned in the OP?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Also obsessed

Hi Steve and Beth,
    I'm Cindy and I have also been spending way too much time researching the Free dining plan. I read on another Discussion board that a guy named Jim Hill had written about this years offer. So naturally I googled him and found an interesting article. It gave me faith.

Last edited by Figment!; 04-03-2007 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Link removed per Terms of Service

Post Thanks / Like

Default the article to read

Quote Originally Posted by maples123 View Post
    Hi Steve and Beth,
    I'm Cindy and I have also been spending way too much time researching the Free dining plan. I read on another DIScussion board that a guy named Jim Hill had written about this years offer. So naturally I googled him and found an interesting article. It gave me faith.
    Forgot to mention it is the article about Disney having too many rooms to fill from Monday.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice article from an insider. That's about 3 places I've heard 8/26 - 9/22 starting 4/12.

Too late of a start, small of a window to entice me. Mid-August will be a great time to visit. Everyone will wait until Free Dining hits.

Wonder why they backed up Value season to 8/5 if they aren't going to promote it.

Also, the replay's of all the Travel Channel shows are on 4/12-13. Imagine that?!?! Every other commercial will be for MYW+FD. I'd also bet the Visa folks get a few days crack at it before 4/12.

Oh well, looks like Cedar Point and Hershey for me this summer. (unless they start it closer to 8/5...)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleveSJM View Post
    Hi Beth. My name is Steve. I am also obsessed with this offer. I have been off the dining plan for 6 months.

You mention "during the same dates." What does that mean? Value season or the late August/mid Sept mentioned in the OP?

Thanks!
    I read it from two sites. The first site stated it would be offered the same dates as last year or starting Aug 5th. The other site, I believe it was Jim Hill media stated Aug 26th. I am hoping for the early start. Not sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by maples123 View Post
    Hi Steve and Beth,
    I'm Cindy and I have also been spending way too much time researching the Free dining plan. I read on another Discussion board that a guy named Jim Hill had written about this years offer. So naturally I googled him and found an interesting article. It gave me faith.

I googled him too- hoping for some sort of plan here. Really obsessed with checking this! I also put a call in to the travel agent. He told me that they usually get the information before it is released to the public and he would let me know when he finds out any info. So I will certainly share when I find out. Lets get some pixie dust started for free dining plan!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Found this on another disney site , I know I am really fueling my addiction here.....

"O.k. I spoke with a friendly cast member this morning. Here's what she said. She has strong feelings that YES indeed free dining will be offered. She also said everything on the internet is speculation when it comes to dates, and lengths of stay. It has not formally been announced, but she said there is something in their computer stating on APril 12, 2007 there will be an announcement and yes she does believe it is free dining. I asked if my dates would count into the date line, and she said yes they would entitle me to free dining, if that's what is announced. Just so you know she did not give out specific dates, but my dates are Sept. 4 - 8, 2007"

Not sure the truth of it but it sounds like good news and that is always good for me! This lady posted this this morning so sounds promising! Just wanted to keep everyone in on the loop. I am now finding myself googling free dining plan 2007.....I definately am obsessed!

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the Jim Hill article too and got excited. We actually booked our reservation with MJ today for that time frame. I figure with the rumored booking window starting April 12th and based on last year we'd be looking at it being offered on the Monday after Easter (April 9th) for Disney Visa card holders so I wouldn't hold my breath for anything this week.

Also try not to bug the poor CM's at Central Reservations about this because even if they did know anything they wouldn't be able to tell us about it. They probably have better things to do than field phone calls about things they can't talk about.
    April 2000 -- ASMu
    November 2004 -- ASMo (First time with kids)
    September 2005 -- Pop
    September 2007 -- Pop
    January 2009 -- POR
    April 2012 -- POR (Cramming 6 people in one room)
    July 2014 -- Pop (12 days in Disney)

Post Thanks / Like

Received an e-mail from Disney a few hours ago announcing the 'Wonderful Weeks of Disney." Doesn't seem all that special, but the dates are 8/5 - 10/3, right along the line of all the speculating. It states a family of four could stay at a value resort, including theme park tickets, for 7 days/6 nights for less than $1450. I priced out the vacation online and it does charge extra for the dining plan . Sorry I don't have more info.
    șOș The Ziemer Family
    Chris, Chrissie, William & Hailey
    1989 Off Grounds (I was only 10]
    2001, 2003, 2005 ASM
    2006 POP
    2008 ASM
    Sept 2010 POR
    Oct 2012 AoA - Food & Wine Festival w/o kids!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: