Quantcast Behind the Seeds Tour

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Behind the Seeds Tour

My family is interested in taking this tour on our upcoming trip but we will have a 2 1/2 yr old and a 6 mon old in our group. I don't see an age requirement online besides that there is a charge for 3 and up.

Does anyone know if there is any age restrictions?
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

no age restrictions, no no-camera policy. that said, it won't be age appropriate for a 2.5 year old or a 6 month old, so i'd reconsider taking the tour, especially considering you will be with other people and on stage (most of it is actually walking through the living with the land attraction)

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a direct quote from the WDW website.....Children of all ages are encouraged to participate (must be accompanied by an adult); strollers are provided for small children.

We had a great time, even my teenagers liked it. Have a great time. Also, you get a discount of 15% if you show your AAA card.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I took DS on a whim when he had just turned 3. I thought maybe he was annoying to some, as we had a pretty diverse group of ages. At the end of the tour an older couple asked me how old DS was and when I told them they were surprised at how well behaved he was and how interested he was in EVERYTHING!! Our first stop was to see the bugs WDW breeds and each one of the kids received a small container with ladybugs in it to release later. We got to see LOTS of interesting things and the kids on the tour were really focused on, not so much the adults. At the end of the tour when the kids released their ladybugs DS kept picking up the ones that fell off the leaves to make sure they got to their new home OK.

He remembers this tour and each time we go into the pavilion he asks to go again -- so he had a good time, obviously!!! Last time we were there they were booked for the next two tours, so we'll have to try again when we go in a few weeks!!

The 2.5 year old should be ok, but the 6 mo old I don't think will get much, obviously. I would not let the 6 mo old age stop me though, I'd put em in the stroller and go!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

It is a really fun tour! My DH & I did it last year on a whim after riding the living with the land ride. Of course, it is all walking and standing so our feet were tired, but we learned a lot and it was neat getting to see stuff you only get a glimpse of on the ride. I loved that we could take pictures all we wanted. I got some great shots! I think it took us about an hour & a half for the entire tour.
    1996...Magic Music Days...Off Site
    2000...With family...Off site
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR
    2008...4 year anniv...Windsor Hills
    2011...8 year anniv...Lighthouse Key
    2015...10 Year Anniv...Windsor Hills

Post Thanks / Like

I believe this tour is one of the best values at WDW. Excellent tour and many kids would find it fascinating. Having said that...unless you trust the 2.5 year old to behave, don't bring them. The 6th month old can be picked up, or fed, to be kept happy...but if the 2 year old is getting antsy, it is not fair for everyone else that paid for that tour to have to deal with that...I have 4 children, one is almost 2, and there is no way I'd bring her on that tour. She'd like the fish, and maybe see the ride go by and the bugs, but the plants would lose her interest quickly and she'd be sqwauking (I know I spelled that wrong!) and getting on everyone's nerves. This is a paid private tour, not a ride, and I think that they people that pay have a ride to enjoy it peacefully.
    Upcoming trips:

Universal (1st time)
    September 5-8 Portofino Bay
    September 8-15 Poly GV Concierge
    MNSSHP

Oct 10-13 GF
    Nov 16-19 Contemporary 14th Floor

We've stayed at:
    Poly (Concierge),POR,POFQ,Pop WL (Concierge),AKL, Yacht Club (Concierge)
    Boardwalk Inn (Concierge)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: