Not at all.

While WDW has extraordinary scale in the size of the resort, I must say that the Disneyland park is awesome.

I visited the DLR in March of 2006 for the first time. I'd been to WDW 5+ times in the past few years, and I had concerns similar to yours. But the two resort areas are different enough to not be exactly comparable.

But when comparing the WDW Magic Kingdom to Disneyland Park,you might actually end up liking Disneyland more. Here's why: all of the attractions in DL are either equal to or better than their counterparts at WDW. Small World, Peter Pan, and POTC are much longer rides in DL. Add to that there are more attractions in DL and you'll actually be a little disappointed in WDW's Magic Kingdom. Space Mountain and Indian Jones in DL are the two best rides in any theme park anywhere.

WDW makes up for it's shortcoming in scale. DL doesn't have EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach, or Typhoon Lagoon. So you'll be pleasantly surprised when you're done -- you'll want to keep going back to both.