I thought about putting tihs under Trip Reports, but then I thought someone planning a trip might want to hear this.

We waited until this year to take my youngest son,8, to WDW. He is nonverbal, incontinent,autistic, doenst walk well, and functions on a 1yr old level. Frankly, I thought it would just be tooo hard on us all. We left him behind last year so we could take a real vacation, the first ever. But I just could'nt leave him behind this time--he is so sweet and hardly ever demands anything. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I want you to know if you have a family member with a disability that WDW is an AMAZING place to take your family. [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] CMs everywhere bent over backward to accomodate us. We stayed in our camper so as to give Christian a familiar space. The camp ground was perfect for us, allowing him space and freedom in a non-crowded, safe environment. Every restaurant we went to had something for Christian(he is not very flexible in his feeding). I just could not get over our much care went into making his trip fun, [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] from the bus drivers who had to tie down his wheelchair EVERY time to the WL waiter who brought him free mashed potatoes to Cinderella, who recognized that he wanted to interact with her but he just couldn't quite bring himself to make eye contact(he kept staring out of the corner of his eye.) [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
In fact, we also took my 70yr old mother(her first trip) and she was so impressed that she is now planning the next trip to WDW--to the Poly!!
[img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]
Yesh!!

Cathy