Previous reports: Pre-trip report, post-pre trip report, day 1, day 2, day 3

Click my homepage icon for pictures of the suite I stayed in.

Day 4

Another early wake-up and another free breakfast. I was in such a good mood this fine Saturday morning for a few reasons. The weather was supposed to continue being perfect throughout the rest of my trip and I was visiting Disney's California Adventure (officially) today. Yeah I had gone for a few attractions before, but I didn't see very much of the park at all...

First off, however, was Disneyland since the park opened two hours earlier than DCA. I took a fast-paced but leisurly walk to Indiana Jones only to find it broken. OK fine. I then took a slightly faster walk through Frontierland to Fantasyland. It was interesting to see that I was the only guest on this path. Everyone seemed to be in Tomorrowland for the pin-opening event or Adventureland for Indiana which was broken. On my way over to Fantasyland I took a detour and rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad since there were only a few people on the trains. It was a good way to wake me up!

I enjoyed my serenity as the loner guest and arrived in Fantasyland even happier than before. I rode Peter Pan without a wait, but decided to change my plan and do some Disneyland attractions I hadn't done before. Today was going to be, for the most part, a "new attractions" day. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I took on Star Tours, which I hadn't rode yet, in Tomorrowland. While the ride is exactly the same as in Florida, Florida's queue line is much more interesting. I found California's very bland. After Star Tours I walked around the new pin-trading shop and checked out the build-a-pin pins. [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I really enjoyed some of what I saw. I didn't have time to buy, though, since I needed to hurry on up before DCA opened.

I went to Adventureland again to see if Indiana was open, and they could only tell us it would be down "for a reasonable amount of time" which I took to mean until the afternoon. I instead took an adventurous tour on the Jungle Cruise. The skipper was very tired and obviously wanted to work on a different attraction. It wasn't all that fun of a ride. (I tried to be optimistic since I was having such a good morning by saying the scenery was worth the trip...... )