Quote Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
I've never even seen Shades of Green, but there is a Veteran's rate in January of $164/night with taxes and fees vs. All-star Music with $99 + Tax.

For our dates, it's $492 total at SOG vs $337 (no tickets included).

SOG has coffee maker and fridge, while I believe all of the All-stars only have a fridge. Not a huge deal- I can bring a coffee maker since I live in FL in the winter and am driving over.

What about parking? I read that Disney now charges for parking at the resorts, but don't see the fee listed. That might make it much more even, if SOG doesn't charge for parking.

It's a friend and I, so we need two beds and a fridge. Otherwise, we'll spend all our time at the parks.
Per the SOG website, self-parking is $9/night. Value resorts are $13/night, increasing to $15 soon.

Having stayed in both places, I'd tend to favor SOG. The rooms are MUCH larger than the All-Stars. SOG was originally the Disney Inn, therefore the room sizes are similar to the other Disney resorts from the same time period--the Poly and the Contemporary. SOG has buses to the parks, but if you don't mind a short walk, SOG is very convenient to the Poly to board the monorail there to MK and to the transportation and ticket center for the monorail to Epcot.

All Stars wins on food though, in my opinion, as the Disney hotel food courts are better.