On this day my oldest son stayed in bed all day and my wife stayed in to rest. So the girls and youngest son and I hit the mountains: Thunder first without FP (my favorite,) then Splash and Space with Fast Passes. There was a gap between Splash and Space so we decided to wait in the regular line for Haunted Mansion rather than use the FP scheduled for 2:00 p.m. It was not too long and the ghosts were friendly. We never did see Peter Pan. ☹ The lines were always too long and no FP to be had. ☹ With all that done by lunch time we headed out to the Poly for lunch at Captain Cooks. We also had Dole Whips!!! I love the pinapple/vanilla swirl. We relaxed by the pool before heading pack to our resort for nap and shower and pool time. Next, our last dinner in WDW, in California Grill. This is my favorite and worth two table credits to me. We enjoyed Sushi and flatbread and cheese tray appetizers. They let us count one cheese tray as a dessert on the plan. A few of us had a fantastic beef tenderloin, one son had fish. I don’t remember the rest, but the six of us then shared 5 desserts. Everything was perfect. We looked in the shops in the Contemporary for a little while and I actually found a cute blouse which was not crazy expensive! We then headed up to see the fireworks from the deck. I actually liked it better the second time because I could not really see all the detail on the castle and it was actually less distracting. I have decided that what I don’t like about the new show is that they try to jam way too much in. It was nice to focus on the music, the fire works, and see the colors and lighting on the castle from a distance. Of course, it is no Wishes.

All in all a nice day. We all wished we were staying at one of the MK resorts that night!